Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 496 through 502 (of 502 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I could be wrong, I have nothing tangible, but I really feel it in the air/on the web for Hacks right now. I feel like the buzz has only grown since the finale. I think Smart is ahead of Cuoco at this point, I think she’s poising a real threat to Sudeikis at TCA, and I think it’s very competitive for the win in writing. I also think Einbeinder is for sure in.

It does have some real buzz, she’s winning the Emmy.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

The 31 people predicting Rosie Perez to win Best Comedy Supporting Actress have got me chuckling.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Variety ran a survey of what shows industry people (130
    sample) would most like to see Emmy nominated. An interesting takeaway is Search Party being the third most mentioned Comedy Series (after Pen15 & Ted Lasso).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ve finally caved and slotted Hannah Einbinder in (I can’t believe I lost 100/1 odds on her and Smart lol at least I kept my 100/1 on the show itself).

I think Hacks is really going to over-perform nominations wise. The buzz for the show just keeps on growing and whilst I don’t think it will win Comedy Series, it won’t surprise me if Smart ends up winning at TCA over Sudeikis. I also think it will be the only non Ted Lasso show with nominations in both writing and directing.

An interesting takeaway is Search Party being the third most mentioned Comedy Series (after Pen15 & Ted Lasso).

I feel more and more confident that it’s happening in comedy series. The question will be whether it can get Early and/or Shawkat in, snag the last slot in writing or if any of its guest actresses can show up.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

PEN15 is too high, I think both leads are happening even in a field of 5, it does have some real industry passion.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

PEN15 is too high, I think both leads are happening even in a field of 5, it does have some real industry passion.

I’ve finally caved and slotted Hannah Einbinder in (I can’t believe I lost 100/1 odds on her and Smart lol at least I kept my 100/1 on the show itself). I think Hacks is really going to over-perform nominations wise. The buzz for the show just keeps on growing and whilst I don’t think it will win Comedy Series, it won’t surprise me if Smart ends up winning at TCA over Sudeikis. I also think it will be the only non Ted Lasso show with nominations in both writing and directing. I feel more and more confident that it’s happening in comedy series. The question will be whether it can get Early and/or Shawkat in, snag the last slot in writing or if any of its guest actresses can show up.

Who do you think misses if PEN15 or Search Party overperforms, Ross or Goldsberry? And is a lineup with Smart, Cuoco, Erskine, Konkle, and Shawkat plausible?

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Who do you think misses if PEN15 or Search Party overperforms, Ross or Goldsberry? And is a lineup with Smart, Cuoco, Erskine, Konkle, and Shawkat plausible?

I think an line-up with Cuoco, Smart, Goldsberry, Erskine and Konkle.

Viewing 7 posts - 496 through 502 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.