Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 502 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

It realistically could be nominated in Comedy Series. It had monster ratings,will get a lot nominations in the tech/craft categories and Lily Collins and Ashley Park are fringe contenders for a nomination.

If it is nominated at Comedy Series. Then next year I will only make my predictions for and around the Oscars, Guilds, Goldderby, BAFTA & CC. Because, Globes isn’t coming anymore…

Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

Does anyone know if Alan Arkin can be submitted as guest for this season of TKK? He has a few cameos, but I’m not sure if they are new scenes or just repetition scenes from previous seasons – and in this last case I also don’t know how does it apply to Emmy submissions

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Has I Hate Suzie been moved to comedy?

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

Does anyone know if Alan Arkin can be submitted as guest for this season of TKK? He has a few cameos, but I’m not sure if they are new scenes or just repetition scenes from previous seasons – and in this last case I also don’t know how does it apply to Emmy submissions

Those were old clips, so Arkin is not eligible.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Has I Hate Suzie been moved to comedy?

These predictors still have Euphoria ranked as a TV movie and have put John Boyega and Chase W. Dillon in lead, so I’m not sure they really know what they’re talking about.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

These predictors still have Euphoria ranked as a TV movie and have put John Boyega and Chase W. Dillon in lead, so I’m not sure they really know what they’re talking about.

Pls I didn’t see that.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It won’t happen but I hope Jeff Ward makes it into Guest Actor for the fifth episode of Hacks.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

It won’t happen but I hope Jeff Ward makes it into Guest Actor for the fifth episode of Hacks.

Kaitlin Olson is only in three episodes according to IMDB. She appeared in the pilot and in episode 4. Could be the main push of the show in Guest.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kaitlin Olson is only in three episodes according to IMDB. She appeared in the pilot and in episode 4. Could be the main push of the show in Guest.

I assume she’s only been credited on IMDB for the episodes she’s appeared in so far (same with Paul W. Downs and Christopher McDonald and they surely will appear in later instalments of the season no?) She’s credited in supporting in the predictions centre so I assume she turns up in at least two of the last four episodes.

Profile picture
    ratednext
    Topics:

It won’t happen but I hope Jeff Ward makes it into Guest Actor for the fifth episode of Hacks.

I agree – he was super good in the episode.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The way all those changed happened months ago and they still have them 💀

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It feels weird to ask this but could Hacks end up pulling a Handmaid’s Tale s1? It feels like its momentum is only increasing with each passing episode.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Likely not. THT season one was a massive cultural moment, and Hacks is just not that. Ted Lasso has a bigger fan base, more buzz, and more passion. As good as Hacks is, I’ve barely heard anyone talk about it outside this site.

I could see it being a grower, but Smart kind of feels like its ceiling win-wise, at least this season.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Likely not. THT season one was a massive cultural moment, and Hacks is just not that. Ted Lasso has a bigger fan base, more buzz, and more passion. As good as Hacks is, I’ve barely heard anyone talk about it outside this site.

Of course Hacks is not some massive zeitgeisty hit but I guess what I meant more by the comparison is that it feels like Ted Lasso is a very weak frontrunner in an open field (like Stranger Things that year) and that as time goes by there seems to be more excitement developing for Hacks.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

As good as Hacks is, I’ve barely heard anyone talk about it outside this site.

Honestly this. It’s a very small show.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 502 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Comedy Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.