Home Forums Television Emmys 2021: Costumes, Make-Up and Hairstyling

Emmys 2021: Costumes, Make-Up and Hairstyling

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
gabspss
wolfali
  • Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Let’s make our predictions in those categories (w/o submissions at first).

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

OUTSTANDING COMTEMPORARY COSTUMES:

black-ish
    Emily in Paris
    Euphoria: Fuck Anyone Who’s Not a Sea Blob
    I May Destroy You
    The Politician
    Pose

OUTSTANDING PERIOD COSTUMES:

Bridgerton
    The Crown
    Halston
    The Queen’s Gambit
    The Underground Railroad

OUTSTANDING FANTASY/SCI-FI COSTUMES:

The Handmaid’s Tale
    Lovecraft Country
    The Mandalorian
    Star Trek: Discovery
    WandaVision

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

OUTSTANDING CONTEMPORARY HAIRSTYLING:

The Handmaid’s Tale
    The Politician
    Pose
    Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist

OUTSTANDING PERIOD AND/OR CHARACTER HAIRSTYLING:

Bridgerton
    The Crown
    Halston
    The Queen’s Gambit
    WandaVision

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

OUTSTANDING CONTEMPORARY MAKE-UP (NON-PROSTHETIC):

The Flight Attendant
    The Handmaid’s Tale
    I May Destroy You
    The Politician
    Pose

OUTSTANDING PERIOD AND/OR CHARACTER MAKE-UP (NON-PROSTHETIC):

Bridgerton
    Genius: Aretha
    Halston
    The Queen’s Gambit
    WandaVision

OUTSTANDING PROSTHETIC MAKE-UP FOR A SERIES OR MOVIE:

Halston
    Lovecraft Country
    The Mandalorian
    Pose
    Star Trek: Discovery
    WandaVision

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

We already have a thread for this.

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/emmys-2021-creative-arts-predictions/

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

We already have a thread for this.

https://www.goldderby.com/forum/television/emmys-2021-creative-arts-predictions/

This one is specifically for those three branches since there’s a gazillion categories at the Creative Arts.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This one is specifically for those three branches since there’s a gazillion categories at the Creative Arts.

Do we need thousands of threads though for an individual award like “casting” or “costumes”? It’s not as if we split the acting categories into separate threads or the Oscar categories below the line into multiple threads.

I see no reason personally for why there is an issue with posting predictions (regardless of how many categories you want to predict) in one thread (at least until that thread receives a maximum amount of replies). Regardless of how many categories you actually want to predict because multiple other users have posted their predictions in there without predicting every single creative arts categories.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Do we need thousands of threads though for an individual award like “casting” or “costumes”? It’s not as if we split the acting categories into separate threads or the Oscar categories below the line into multiple threads.

I see no reason personally for why there is an issue with posting predictions (regardless of how many categories you want to predict) in one thread (at least until that thread receives a maximum amount of replies). Regardless of how many categories you actually want to predict because multiple other users have posted their predictions in there without predicting every single creative arts categories.

Last year we had separate threads for different branches and it worked just fine and it was more organized. Also, this is one thread for 11 different categories, so your examples are flawed.

It’s not like there’s gonna be 100 different threads. Calm down. I’m also not gonna create threads for every single branch, only for the big ones.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Last year we had separate threads for different branches and it worked just fine and it was more organized. Also, this is one thread for 11 different categories, so your examples are flawed. It’s not like there’s gonna be 100 different threads. Calm down. I’m also not gonna create threads for every single branch, only for the big ones.

Yeah but we literally already have a thread where 29 users are happily discussing these races as they are. I don’t think anyone wants Gold Derby to be in another situation where posts will have to be cleared due to the existence of duplicate threads (I say this as someone who was quite bad with these myself last year during the first long lockdown).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Yeah but we literally already have a thread where 29 users are happily discussing these races as they are. I don’t think anyone wants Gold Derby to be in another situation where posts will have to be cleared due to the existence of duplicate threads (I say this as someone who was quite bad with these myself last year during the first long lockdown).

Well, this is not a duplicate as you can clearly notice. If you don’t wanna post here, then don’t post, no one is forcing you. Also if, by any chance, a moderator considers this as an unnecessary thread, then they will close it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.