Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Creative Arts Predictions

Emmys 2021 Creative Arts Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 117 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Sean C
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

If there’s any justice The Serpent will get an easy nomination in Production Design.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With how weak the contemporary field seems to be I think The Politician will probably hold onto its craft nominations like GLOW did last year.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Watch it keep all of it’s noms from last time (incl Midler) except title design which it literally can’t.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Netflix are stupid for not submitting Robin Weigert. With that barren field, her helpful ballot placement alphabetically and the fact her performance is actually good, she could easy have scored a nomination.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Production Design for a Narrative Period or Fantasy Program

1. The Crown
    2. The Queen’s Gambit
    3. The Underground Railroad
    4. Simply Halston
    5. Perry Mason

6. Lovecraft Country
    7. Bridgerton 
    8. The Alienist
    9. The Serpent
    10. Pose

Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Contemporary Program (One Hour or More)

1. The Handmaid’s Tale
    2. The Flight Attendant
    3. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
    4. Mare of Easttown
    5. The Mosquito Coast
    6. The Boys

7. In Treatment
    8. Servant
    9. Industry
    10. Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist

Outstanding Production Design for a Narrative Program (Half-Hour or Less)

1. WandaVision
    2. The Mandalorian
    3. Emily in Paris
    4. I May Destroy You
    5. Ted Lasso

6. Hacks
    7. Cobra Kai</i>
    8. Mythic Quest
    9. Search Party
    10. Made for Love 

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

WandaVision will likely pull a Watchmen and submit/got nominated for all of their opening credits/theme music as a whole.

Congrats on two more easy noms.

WandaVision

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Looks like The Crown is submitting Fairytale and Avalanche instead of Gold Stick in Editing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Looks like The Crown is submitting Fairytale and Avalanche instead of Gold Stick in Editing.

And they’re sticking with Adriano Goldman for cinematography!

Good. He should win!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I’m sure he is submitting Fairytale and winning too.

They have also provided the script for the season finale titled War so maybe that’s their writing submission which would be in line with what they did when they were bidding farewell to the last cast.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Aww I really wanted Morgan to submit “Fairytale”. Easily the best written episode of the season for me (or at least the best written one that can be submitted as they don’t seem to be pushing the “Fagan” co-wrier Jonathan D. Wilson as well). At least it’s not “Gold Stick” though.

Whilst The Crown is not a lock to win cinematography, I will be stunned if it loses that category. It has one of the most acclaimed (and deserving) pieces of cinematography on television and it doesn’t have to face The Marvelous Mrs Maisel (which is usually its main contender in the hour long categories of course) this year. It also won this category for season 2 and The Crown is obviously much stronger this year than it was last.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Looks like The Crown is submitting Fairytale and Avalanche instead of Gold Stick in Editing.

What, why would they not submit the premiere by Frances Parker, Emmy winner for Band of Brothers and ACE nominee for Game of Thrones?  Makes sense though to submit the season’s best episode by Yan Miles, Emmy winner for Sherlock and ACE nominee for The Crown.  Maybe they like “Avalanche” because they know what a challenge it was to edit, since they did not finish shooting it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

The Crown wins Supporting Visual Effects in Photoreal Episode at VES.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

The Mandalorian wins Visual Effects in Photoreal Episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

The Crown has not won this before, but it did win the BAFTA for its first season. Lovecraft Country picked up two awards, so I guess that that is coming for the Emmys. Fear the Walking Dead also won a minor award and is something that would not normally be nominated, but it could fill out a category in a sparser year like this one.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

If there’s any justice The Serpent will get an easy nomination in Production Design.

How they turned Tring into Thailand and Paris without it being noticeable on screen is such a feat.

I’m also hoping The Serpent gets in for Best Original Main Title Theme Music and Best Outstanding Main Title Design. The music, in particular, is a somewhat trippy jam – kind of in line with the show itself.

It’s got strong competition in The Flight Attendant for main title design, which I think could (and would deservedly) take it. Those credits honestly blow me away.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 117 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.