Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Creative Arts Predictions

Emmys 2021 Creative Arts Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 169 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
50 mins ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
JV
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Queen’s Gambit winning ASC was obvious. It’s one of the most buzzed and praised aspects of the show and it’s flashier than some of this year’s Oscar nominees.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Can you say that about the ASC when they did not award Nomadland?  I am proud to have predicted that upset and I bet against The Queen’s Gambit on similar lines that its cinematographer was too new to the elitist ASC membership to be properly respected by them, but The Queen’s Gambit is just unstoppable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

The Queen’s Gambit being more of a hit than Chernobyl assures my personal belief that the latter was highly overrated—beginning with that IMDb score.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Chernobyl >>>>>>>>>>> The Queen’s Gambit

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

According to Starz FYC, P Valley aren’t submitting to Main Title Design or Theme Music. They are however submitting the theme song, “Down in the Valley”, to Original Music & Lyrics.

Which is odd considering they have a plethora of Lil Murda songs that could be nominated there instead.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

TQG winning all this stuff over Watchmen (and in general) is utterly ridiculous.

I disagree. I might not think it’s sweep worthy in Actress (although I don’t mind Taylor-Joy winning it’s more that I prefer Coel) but Scott Frank is very deserving of his DGA win and the show is very deserving of all the technicals it’s been winning (especially at the ASC and Costume Designers Guild). I also think Bill Camp is more deserving than Boyega of a win (even though Small Axe is my personal awards frontrunner for series and I’d nominate neither Boyega or Camp personally).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Halston is here to take the remaining creative arts noms.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The Handmaid’s Tale is winning its fifth consecutive production design award with episode 3, right? Because those sets were insane.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The Handmaid’s Tale is winning its fifth consecutive production design win with episode 3, right?? Because those sets were insane.

It also should be winning cinematography every year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    That Don Guy
    Topics:

Update to the new Single-Episode Visual Effects rule: A series cannot enter more than two episodes in this category, and if a series does enter two episodes, no performer can be included in the entry for both of them.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

They should basically implement that for writing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way Netflix keep releasing all these FYC videos for the creative arts for The Crown. They’re really going all out here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUAzEXYVaqk

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Good thing because The Crown can easily win Music Composition this year. Martin Phipps never got nominated anywhere last season and still made the Emmys. Whereas this season, he has been showing up everywhere so there’s already a huge jump for him in support. Lovecraft Country is a strong contender but the show itself feels weak. The Mandalorian is a nomination lock but I feel it won’t be repeating.

The Queen’s Gambit has been sweeping the music awards but The Underground Railroad is supposedly Britell’s career best work according to multiple people. There’s a lot of hype for him too so that will make for an interesting race as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I agree. We saw last year how Nicolas Brittell was expected to win Music Composition after winning Original Title Song last year.

What’s worth mentioning about Phipps is that The Crown’s use of character themed music also received a lot of praise and buzz. And by that I’m not necessarily referring to Phipps’ score. So I can see a win for Phipps and a music supervision nomination (The Crown should be helped by the weaker field and the fact that this season had 80s based music supervision so it might garner similar votes to the ones Stranger Things got last year) manifest themselves. That BAFTA nomination for Phipps was quite shocking.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Two episodes in and Invincible needs to nominated for the sound categories.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 169 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.