Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If it’s any indication of how long it is to shoot episodes post covid, This Is Us needed 4 weeks to shoot just 2 episodes and it’s network tv… https://twitter.com/kenolin1/status/1317700777285099520

But this has to be the finishing of the first two eps right? They had to be already filmed more, because they have a weekly release

How they’re gonna manage this, my god.

Sorry for the bad english, not my native tongue.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I cannot imagine he means actual shooting — there is no way. He must mean post, in which he as the director partakes. From what I have heard shooting now generally goes faster since they have to adhere to new strict rules. That’s why Sarandos said he’s saving more money with productions during the pandemic.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    angel88401
    Topics:

Since it just aired its finale tonight, does anyone who watched all of Lovecraft Country want to speak to its Emmy chances? Will it have enough longevity to grab a good # of nominations next year?

Personally didn’t enjoy the show a ton at the start so I didn’t stick with it (I do think it’s very well-made but it’s just not my kind of show) but I just wanted to hear the opinions of others who did watch it to the end!

Profile picture
    Irishmovielover4ever
    Topics:

The show had some stumbles early on but I believe once the show hit it’s stride mid way through the season it continued to grow into the excellent show that is deserving of many nominations. I do hope it can sustain it’s admittedly small buzz and come out on top because I had to see the work by many artists involved overlooked. Smolett especially deserves recognition for her work which was excellent throughout.

All the actors are deserving and also Mischa Green deserves a lot of credit for making this show work as she did.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Since it just aired its finale tonight, does anyone who watched all of Lovecraft Country want to speak to its Emmy chances? Will it have enough longevity to grab a good # of nominations next year? Personally didn’t enjoy the show a ton at the start so I didn’t stick with it (I do think it’s very well-made but it’s just not my kind of show) but I just wanted to hear the opinions of others who did watch it to the end!

Have seen 9 episodes. Depends on Guilds. They should keep it’s momentum. The entire cast is strong, they should earn a SAG Ensemble nom but I doubt they will after what happened to Succession 2 years in a row. They deserve DGA tbh and WGA New Series.

The crafts are quite the standout.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

The Flight Attendant will premiere in November 26.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Flight Attendant will premiere in November 26.

Will be very interesting to see how this and I Hate Suzie do at the Emmys because I think they are HBO Max’s strongest bets.

I can see Cuoco slipping at the Globes though.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

A teaser for The Underground Railroad.

https://twitter.com/BarryJenkins/status/1318220428054200320?s=20

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

A teaser for The Underground Railroad. https://twitter.com/BarryJenkins/status/1318220428054200320?s=20

That’s a Limited Series.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

That’s a Limited Series.

Thanks. Noted.

Profile picture
    nkb325
    Topics:

I’m curious if Lovecraft will go limited or drama (I could’ve sworn I read somewhere that even if it does get multiple seasons they’ll be doing anthology storylines)

Honestly in either category, I think it has a very solid chance of doing well. Series, Lead Actor, Lead Actress, maybe a supporting actor or two. Rewind, 1921 will (or at least should) be there big emmy episode, would deserve spots in writing, directing, production design, costume design, etc.

It’s definitely a hit or miss show (the season was kind of all over the place) but when it was good, it was great. Plus, and i don’t mean this to say this would be the reason it gets in, it won’t hurt that it’s one of the only shows with a cast/crew basically entirely made up of POC competing next year

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

No idea what to think about The Flight Attendant. I’ll wait for reviews but I guess having HBO (MAX) branding can only help. I think Kaley Cuoco at Globes is indeed a strong possibility. If it’s acclaimed and has some winter awards showing, I don’t see why it couldn’t happen here.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m curious if Lovecraft will go limited or drama (I could’ve sworn I read somewhere that even if it does get multiple seasons they’ll be doing anthology storylines) Honestly in either category, I think it has a very solid chance of doing well. Series, Lead Actor, Lead Actress, maybe a supporting actor or two. Rewind, 1921 will (or at least should) be there big emmy episode, would deserve spots in writing, directing, production design, costume design, etc. It’s definitely a hit or miss show (the season was kind of all over the place) but when it was good, it was great. Plus, and i don’t mean this to say this would be the reason it gets in, it won’t hurt that it’s one of the only shows with a cast/crew basically entirely made up of POC competing next year

GREEN: Nothing is official yet, but I envision a second season that carries on the spirit of Matt Ruff’s novel by continuing to reclaim the genre storytelling space that people of color have typically been left out of.

Green for deadline, I don’t know if he means a new story with new people or new stories for the same characters, guess we’ll have to see

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I for one am all for it in Drama Series, for me it could easily win and I would be extremely happy

I’m rooting for the crown to finally get that emmy, but Lovecraft Country is strong and powerful as hell

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

No idea what to think about The Flight Attendant. I’ll wait for reviews but I guess having HBO (MAX) branding can only help. I think Kaley Cuoco at Globes is indeed a strong possibility. If it’s acclaimed and has some winter awards showing, I don’t see why it couldn’t happen here.

Yeah I wasn’t so convinced by the way the teaser was cut and I wonder if voters may feel too snobbish about Cuoco.

I agree with what you’ve said.

I’m curious if Lovecraft will go limited or drama (I could’ve sworn I read somewhere that even if it does get multiple seasons they’ll be doing anthology storylines) Honestly in either category, I think it has a very solid chance of doing well. Series, Lead Actor, Lead Actress, maybe a supporting actor or two. Rewind, 1921 will (or at least should) be there big emmy episode, would deserve spots in writing, directing, production design, costume design, etc. It’s definitely a hit or miss show (the season was kind of all over the place) but when it was good, it was great. Plus, and i don’t mean this to say this would be the reason it gets in, it won’t hurt that it’s one of the only shows with a cast/crew basically entirely made up of POC competing next year

It’s going Drama. The real question (and this is the same question that applies to Perry Mason and Ratched as well) is whether it can break into the field. With these new shows I feel like they’ve started off with very minimal buzz but have picked up buzz towards the end of their runs (wasn’t there an SNL skit this week on Lovecraft?) but in the case of Perry Mason for example the buzz has been a bit silent since it finished so I wonder if these shows will be remembered or not.

It depends on the competition (i.e. if The Gilded Age arrives they’re in danger) but for now I think The Crown is sweeping the winter awards (and winning the Globe) unless it has a mediocre reception.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.