Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/Zendaya/status/1318309615327617024

Really confused RN, Euphoria will have 2 “especial episodes”, where does this fits into the Emmys

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

If they are under a certain amount of runtime they won’t be eligible in TV movie and I doubt 2 episodes is enough to contend in drama.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>

If they are under a certain amount of runtime they won’t be eligible in TV movie and I doubt 2 episodes is enough to contend in drama.

</p>

She is coming for that guest actress win, isn’t she?

Like Andrew Scott tried

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If they are under a certain amount of runtime they won’t be eligible in TV movie

Well if they’re 45 minutes long each then they’ll be eligible in Movie (if they both drop on the same day).

Let’s not forget Netflix got Dolly Parton eligible this year.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I thought it was like an hour and 15 minutes and that’s why Black Mirror became ineligible

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I thought it was like an hour and 15 minutes and that’s why Black Mirror became ineligible

It is an hour and 15 which is why I said that if they are both 45 minutes each and are dropped on the same day that it will be eligible (because it will be an hour and a half in total).

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

As far as I remember, the season needs to have at least six episodes to compete in Comedy Series and Drama Series, but Luther Season 5 had only 4 episodes and was eligible, so …

According to the rules, a TV movie must be at least 75 minutes in order to be eligible. That’s why I have my doubts about Doctor Who: Revolution of the Daleks. I did some research and the only episodes that reached or exceeded that runtime was The End of Time – Part 2 (2010, 75 minutes) and The Day of the Doctor (2013, 77 minutes). All other Christmas and New Year specials in the series are usually 60 minutes.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

According to the rules, a TV movie must be at least 75 minutes in order to be eligible. That’s why I have my doubts about Doctor Who: Revolution of the Daleks. I did some research and the only episodes that reached or exceeded that duration was The End of Time – Part 2 (2010, 75 minutes), The Day of the Doctor (2013, 77 minutes). All other Christmas and New Year specials in the series are usually 60 minutes.

Yeah I am unsure at the moment. However the TV Academy has bent so many rules in this category that I honestly won’t be surprised if it still made it in eligibility because the category is barren and we saw how they (initially) bent the rules for Black Mirror and Dolly Parton this year.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

If a returning show has two episodes it is eligible to compete as a limited series. This rule initially applied to shows that were previously classified as a regular series, so that Sherlock and Luther could compete in limited series (not necessarily them), in fact they even made an exception to Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life to compete as a limited series. But what we are seeing now is that Academy is very persistent with episodic anthologies and revivals competing as regular shows that regardless of your initial classification if there are more than two episodes you must compete as a regular show.

Profile picture
    insomniac0987
    Topics:

Well if they’re 45 minutes long each then they’ll be eligible in Movie (if they both drop on the same day).

Let’s not forget Netflix got Dolly Parton eligible this year.

If they were dropping the same day, HBO would’ve said that today. Why only announce a premiere date for the first episode if the second episode is airing the same night?

So as to not double post, Deadline says that FX on Hulu drama The Old Man has about three episodes left to shoot and remains in production despite Jeff Bridges being diagnosed with cancer.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/fx-the-old-man-producers-reaction-jeff-bridges-lymphoma-diagnosis-touchtsone-tv-fxp-1234600116/

I think it should be able to make the Emmy deadline, where Bridges will at least be in the conversation for a nomination – well-respected Oscar winner in his first series regular television role on a platform with decent voter penetration/awareness. Plus I think the news of his diagnosis will stick in the minds of voters.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Bridges could easily win simply because the Succession guys and maybe Jason Bateman won’t be back on time and Matthew Rhys, Billy Porter and Sterling K. Brown have already won.

If Euphoria ends up competing in Drama Olivia Colman and Jennifer Aniston’s campaign teams should be worried. Very worried.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

First reviews out for Roadkill starring Hugh Laurie and Helen McRory and created by David Hare (The Hours) and Jed Mercurio (Bodyguard).

Laurie is getting career best raves. Nomination incoming?

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:
    Tyler
    Topics:

Hilary Swank needs a better agent. She has two damn leading actress oscars!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

No news here, this show was DOA since the beggining

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.