Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Not counting westworld as dead yet, I think that if the show comes back strong, it will be on voters mind again.

And noms for Thandie Newton and Jeffrey Wright will come again.

Profile picture
    The Person Formerly Known As Linguini
    Topics:
    Kay
    Topics:
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Hmm, who will be this year’s nominees who aren’t black or white?

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Jeremy Strong says he’ll be back on set next month for Succession

https://youtu.be/_2F_DdLOpHY

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jeremy Strong says he’ll be back on set next month for Succession

https://youtu.be/_2F_DdLOpHY

Unless the whole season has been rewritten I doubt it returns on time. It was about to enter a 7 month shoot beforehand (although now they have 8 episodes instead of 10 that might change) and lots of smaller shows are adding a month extra to film.

I mean I’m one of the biggest fans of the show on the site but I don’t see how it airs on time for the Emmys. If it does then RIP The Crown lol.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

If it does then RIP The Crown lol.

What if this season of The Crown is really acclaimed, even more than the third season of Succession which is yet to air?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What if this season of The Crown is really acclaimed, even more than the third season of Succession which is yet to air?

Well I was largely joking hence why I said “lol”.

However I do think if Succession returns (which I doubt it will) that The Crown is in danger even if it gets 100% on Rotten Tomatoes (unless Succession really delivers a divisive season). At the moment HBO doesn’t seem to have a challenger  to Netflix for the Drama Series prize so if The Gilded Age or Succession arrive on time and are industry hits they could easily win over The Crown simply because we’ve seen time and time again more recently in wins how HBO trumps Netflix at the Emmys.

I do think if this season of The Crown receives the acclaim we’re expecting it to that it can be win competitive for series but the only thing that’s holding me back is that we saw how season 2 was super acclaimed as well and it still lost Series because of GoT (even though The Crown judging by its wins was probably very close to winning in 2018). It could very well be that sans the technicals that Succession is the new GoT.

But anyway unless it flops critically and/or commercially or something else comes in the way this year I think The Crown is in very good position not only in Series but also in S. Actor, S. Actress, Writing and Directing if the season delivers quality with the source material we have been told will be featured.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Unless the whole season has been rewritten I doubt it returns on time. It was about to enter a 7 month shoot beforehand (although now they have 8 episodes instead of 10 that might change) and lots of smaller shows are adding a month extra to film. I mean I’m one of the biggest fans of the show on the site but I don’t see how it airs on time for the Emmys. If it does then RIP The Crown lol.

I don’t think that rewrites happened, Brian Cox has consistently said through the entire year that he’s the only one who knows what happens next

But Jesse is a tough person to read, he probably would rewrite the entire season and nobody would know til the day.

And I love Succession as well (not difficult to see because of the icon haha), but I think it’s also The Crown time.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I don’t see Succession as the new GoT for the Emmys, GoT was enormously huge and a show who grew every single year until the end.

I think Succession, at least critically, has peaked RN at season 2, and I’m happy that it took the Emmys already

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

My wish right now is that Evil could sneak in somewhere even if it’s only in the creative categories

One can hope for the kings to have the new Good Wife.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And I love Succession as well (not difficult to see because of the icon haha), but I think it’s also The Crown time.

Me too. It’s time for Netflix to finally win a Series award.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Succession is the new Mad Men so get ready for more Drama Series wins folks!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Nick Frost has said production on The Nevers has re-started and he has shot all his scenes and James Norton has said that they have 5 out of 10 episodes in the can.

I’m assuming unless they go into a lockdown again this will be getting the Westworld slot.

https://collider.com/james-norton-mr-jones-the-nevers-interview/

https://collider.com/joss-whedon-the-nevers-hbo-nick-frost-update/

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

Apologies if I missed this somewhere but why is We Are Who We Are in drama? I thought it was designed/promoted as a limited series? And vice versa for I May Destroy You, which I thought was not necessarily a limited series?

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.