Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Maybe this is the year Sterling K. Brown finally wins again. I was arguing during summer that he could be higher than we originally thought, because he wasn’t against Ventimiglia for the first time and didn’t get dropped at SAG, and Cephas-Jones win kinda indicates that for me. With Succession actors and possibly Bateman gone, the category is wide open. Billy Porter and Steve Carell are more than likely returning, but I doubt they are win competitive. Rhys looks like Brown’s only opponent.

Josh O’Connor?

And i’d die if Justin Hartley suddenly got a Lead Actor nom (due to barren field) after struggling in Supporting for 4 years (provided Ventimiglia goes Supporting).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Josh O’Connor?

i think it would be kinda weird to have the actress who plays Diana in supporting and the actor who plays Charles in lead. I think he will stay supporting

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

WandaVision

WandaVision is Limited Series.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

With might benefit Sterling is the fact that Perry Mason will be like, a 1-year old show and Us will still be pretty recent by the end of the season, but again, this didn’t stop Zendaya.

Except Euphoria was a critically hit (17 on Metacritic’s 2019 year end list) and become a cool, word-of-mouth hit (Leo DiCaprio & Sam Esmail both said it was their favourite show in 2019) that got re-discovered during the initial lockdown in March (it doubled it initial viewership and was HBO’s 3rd most streamed show behind GoT & the currently airing Westworld). Just look at how popped up at TCA when it only considered a long shot and especially BAFTA when nobody had even considered it as a possibility (scroll through the BAFTA threads and it wasn’t even mentioned until the nominations came out).

So well Rhys could theoretically win again this year, the 1 year old situation is completely different between him and Zendaya.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

i think it would be kinda weird to have the actress who plays Diana in supporting and the actor who plays Charles in lead. I think he will stay supporting

Well not really. <i>The Crown </i>already has a principal female Lead (the Queen) and he’s the principal male character on the show. If Netflix want to strategise they might put him in Lead (which will actually give them a better shot of taking 3 acting categories).

Personally I don’t see either Rhys or Brown winning. They did just win the same category very recently. Maybe Matthew Rhys becomes the new Julia Louis-Dreyfus lol.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Except Euphoria was a critically hit (17 on Metacritic’s 2019 year end list) and become a cool, word-of-mouth hit (Leo DiCaprio & Sam Esmail both said it was their favourite show in 2019) that got re-discovered during the initial lockdown in March (it doubled it initial viewership and was HBO’s 3rd most streamed show behind GoT & the currently airing Westworld). Just look at how popped up at TCA when it only considered a long shot and especially BAFTA when nobody had even considered it as a possibility (scroll through the BAFTA threads and it wasn’t even mentioned until the nominations came out). So well Rhys could theoretically win again this year, the 1 year old situation is completely different between him and Zendaya.

Yes, that’s true, Euphoria had a late buzz and the shocking BAFTA nominee, but so could Perry Mason, even if it’s not on the same level in critics.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If they push O’Connor to lead he’s probably getting in, the storyline with Diana it’s just too good to pass, and Tobias isn’t getting in at lead so they better put him in supporting

I still think (so far) that is between Rhys, Brown and Majors, and i prefer Majors winning because both Rhys and Brown won recently (Brown won 2x in the last 5 years), and i like that they are changing the winners every year.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Brown won 2x in the last 5 years

Honestly should’ve won a 3rd in as many years for Brooklyn Nine Nine as well.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I love the idea of Jonathan Majors taking Lead Actor. I love it very much.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I just hope Lovecraft Country does well in general. It definitely deserves a Drama Series nomination. Majors (Actor), Smollet- Bell (Actress), Williams (Supporting Actor), Ellis (Supporting Actress), Vance (Guest Actor) and Chung (Guest Actress) would all be worthy nominees… and dare I say winners too.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

I just hope Lovecraft Country does well in general. It definitely deserves a Drama Series nomination. Majors (Actor), Smollet- Bell (Actress), Williams (Supporting Actor), Ellis (Supporting Actress), Vance (Guest Actor) and Chung (Guest Actress) would all be worthy nominees… and dare I say winners too.

Chung appeared in 6 of 10 episodes, so she will be eligible as Supporting.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

Chung appeared in 6 of 10 episodes, so she will be eligible as Supporting.

Really? that sucks… it’s probably her snippet phone calls and brief appearances in Atticus’ memories

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Chung appeared that much? I only remember her in the focused episode and in the finale.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Loretta Devine was pretty good in 1×06 of P-Valley, wouldn’t be against another nom for her.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Chung appeared that much? I only remember her in the focused episode and in the finale.

That sucks, if Amazon couldn’t get Brown into Guest after petitioning the Academy to do so I doubt HBO will do that for Chung. Shame she could’ve easily won guest.

I’m assuming that Lovecraft’s two big guest pushes will be Courtney B. Vance & Jamie Neumann then.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.