Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 1)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 1)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 504 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

First reviews are coming out for HBO’s Industry and they’re very mixed. The performances have been praised but it’s been described as a “science fictiom YA Succession”.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/review/industry-tv-review

It’s funny how last season Netflix was putting out lots of “trash” like Hollywood and Space Force and now this season it’s HBO’s turn to put out “high class trash” like this, Perry Mason and The Undoing (at least The Undoing is interesting so far lol).

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/review/industry-tv-review

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Not 2021 related but interesting none the less. July 6 2019, TVLine named Zendaya as their Performer of the Week for the 3rd episode “Made You Look” and ended the article on https://tvline.com/2019/07/06/zendaya-euphoria-performance-season-1-episode-3/

I always keep an eye out for tvline, they know their shit

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s funny how last season Netflix was putting out lots of “trash” like Hollywood and Space Force and now this season it’s HBO’s turn to put out “high class trash” like this, Perry Mason and The Undoing (at least The Undoing is interesting so far lol).

I mean, even if Perry Mason (who I very much like) and The Undoing are labeled trash, they can’t even be compared with the trainwreck that was Netflix with Space Force, Hollywood and The Politician

Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Hollywood reporter gave Industry a 60, let’s hope for more, but I can’t escape, it’s just associated to Billions in my head everytime i see something related.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is it possible that we’re underestimating His Dark Materials? I mean I wouldn’t normally consider it in any other year but I’ve noticed HBO are doing a lot more campaigning and promotion for this second season and Andrew Scott‘s casting joining the regular cast (he had an IPad interview cameo in the first season) and Phoebe Waller Bridge’s voice casting seems to have attracted more eyeballs.

For example in HBO’s trailer for shows that are to arrive in the rest of the year the show appears second after The Undoing and is more prominent than Industry for example. I doubt it could get into Drama Series but if this season is acclaimed (or at least more acclaimed than the first one) and is being campaigned for I can see Ruth Wilson and Andrew Scott slip into the supporting categories and I can see it taking the technicals slots Westworld and Stranger Things had this year.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Julia Garner will go 3 for 3 in the Best Supporting Actress

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Or she’ll go 3-for-3 with Inventing Anna, either way she’s getting a 3rd.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Julia Garner is coming for Nancy Marchand’s record.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Julia Garner will go 3 for 3 in the Best Supporting Actress

On 2022, Ozark is probably not coming back on time.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Julia Garner is a brilliant actress and totally deserves to go 4/4, but boy, I would love to see other people winning as well.

Come through Emma Corrin.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

She’s probably getting a third but not for Ozark because it doesn’t look like it is actually returning on time. I mean it looks like Inventing Anna is shooting first then <i>Ozark </i>(contrary to Garner’s original comments) so I don’t see how it returns if it starts shooting in December for example.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/raatched-sag-awards/

This was so big that might sneak in in everything, even if it was a piece of garbage

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Are we underestimating Lovecraft Countryand P-Valley? According to Flixpatrol they were quite popular on Hulu.

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/hulu/world/2020/full#type2

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Are we underestimating Lovecraft Countryand P-Valley? According to Flixpatrol they were quite popular on Hulu. https://flixpatrol.com/top10/hulu/world/2020/full#type2

I think most people are predicting Lovecraft Country so far, i think we are underestimating The Boys.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think most people are predicting Lovecraft Country so far, i think we are underestimating The Boys.

I wasn’t predicting Lovecraft in Series but am now.

Wondering about P-Valley. At the moment I think it’s only getting in Writing (Perry Mason, THT, Ratched, Pose and TMS all seem like non-factors in that category).

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 1)’ is closed to new replies.