Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 11)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 11)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 500 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I definitely think there could be a surprise winner in Lead Actor.

Rege feels like a “Zendaya” passion pick and voters know now will be the only chance to reward him. The only problem is that the role/show is soapy.

Sterling had a lot of great material between BLM and his birth mother. I could see him taking a 2nd trophy for the role.

Billy Porter is helped out by his revelation of having HIV in real life.

Josh could get swept up in The Crown love. The only reason why I think he won’t is because his character is soooooo unlikeable and annoying (which is not the actor’s fault, but I think it will be a turn off to some voters who tend to prefer their villain characters with a bit of a smile and a wink).

I can’t see Matthew Rhys winning for the incredibly boring series he was on, which if voters liked, should have easily made the Drama Series line-up, but didn’t… so they don’t.

Jonathan Majors is a great actor and carried his series well, but I can’t see him winning… it’s too much of a physical/action role. I mean, it took 5 years before the Academy gave Kiefer an Emmy for 24. They tend to like the more dramatic actorly roles.

So, in conclusion, I’d rank them:

1) Billy
    2) Rege
    3) Sterling
    4) Josh
    5) Jonathan
    6) Matthew

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Whenever someone mentions that voters prefer a villain with a smile and a wink (which I would say is generally true), I am going to bring up Alexander Skarsgard, who, ironically, was also swept up too. 🙂

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Billy Porter is helped out by his revelation of having HIV in real life.

Just like how Julia Louis-Dreyfus won for Veep‘s final season because she had cancer.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

This HIV thing wasn’t it.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Whenever someone mentions that voters prefer a villain with a smile and a wink (which I would say is generally true), I am going to bring up Alexander Skarsgard, who, ironically, was also swept up too. 🙂

I’m shocked you’ve forgotten another actor who won that same year for playing a villain.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I’m shocked you’ve forgotten another actor who won that same year for playing a villain.

Yeah, but Aunt Lydia is very much a villain with a smile and a wink, no (at least sometimes)?

Profile picture
    Kaguya-hime
    Topics:

I definitely think there could be a surprise winner in Lead Actor. Rege feels like a “Zendaya” passion pick and voters know now will be the only chance to reward him. The only problem is that the role/show is soapy. Sterling had a lot of great material between BLM and his birth mother. I could see him taking a 2nd trophy for the role. Billy Porter is helped out by his revelation of having HIV in real life. Josh could get swept up in The Crown love. The only reason why I think he won’t is because his character is soooooo unlikeable and annoying (which is not the actor’s fault, but I think it will be a turn off to some voters who tend to prefer their villain characters with a bit of a smile and a wink). I can’t see Matthew Rhys winning for the incredibly boring series he was on, which if voters liked, should have easily made the Drama Series line-up, but didn’t… so they don’t. Jonathan Majors is a great actor and carried his series well, but I can’t see him winning… it’s too much of a physical/action role. I mean, it took 5 years before the Academy gave Kiefer an Emmy for 24. They tend to like the more dramatic actorly roles. So, in conclusion, I’d rank them: 1) Billy 2) Rege 3) Sterling 4) Josh 5) Jonathan 6) Matthew

How does Rege feel like Zendaya in any way? Zendaya was a surprise nominee with an acclaimed, showy performance that broke into a field filled with old favorites that didn’t have a clear winner. Unlike Zendaya, Rege doesn’t have the performance. His show underperformed rather than overperformed. And any momentum he had for the win died ages ago when he lost awards despite the show being at its height.

Also, Brown doesn’t have any buzz for the win and if anyone still watched his show, Hartley and Holmes would have been nominated for it.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

And The Mandalorian?

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

I’d rank them: 1) Billy 2) Rege 3) Sterling 4) Josh 5) Jonathan 6) Matthew

Josh in fourth in the series frontrunner with an acclaimed performance underneath Rege whom can be glad he got nominated and Sterling whose show is wrestling for attention?

It’s Billy or Josh get real

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Josh in fourth in the series frontrunner with an acclaimed performance underneath Rege whom can be glad he got nominated and Sterling whose show is wrestling for attention? It’s Billy or Josh get real

The constant underestimation of The Crown on these boards this entire awards season has been something else entirely lol.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The constant underestimation of The Crown this entire awards season has been something else entirely lol.

Imagine how The Handmaid’s Tale feels then. 🙂

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Pose‘s writing and directing nominations reading our conversation:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Our campaigning paid off darling.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

In terms of wins, I was quite certain The Crown was gonna pull off a Schitt’s Creek prior to nomination announcement but then the love for Pose and The Handmaid’s Tale came which is good because it makes the race more exciting in the acting and directing categories.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

The constant underestimation of The Crown this entire awards season has been something else entirely lol.

How is the show being underestimated? GoldDerby odds literally have it winning 6/7 Drama prizes with even Menzies in second for the one it is currently predicted to lose.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 11)’ is closed to new replies.