Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

What a ringing endorsement for Elisabeth Moss! I’ll be done with THT Season 3 in a few hours and will start S4 immediately after. I’m excited to see why her Emmy nomination was, yet again, deserved.

You will not be disappointed by her in S4! It’s her best season IMO.

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Darlings Elisabeth Moss just murdered me. This is my ghost typing very slowly (hence the ten minute delay).

Her best scene in the whole series yeah. Would’ve been a locked win under the tape system.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I like the Do you understand me scene but for me she outacted on the i’m sorry “monologue” on the boat in “Vows”

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

How will you all rank all the 6 lead actress nominees this year by preference? Let’s see who has the broadest support.

My Personal Rankings:-

1. Elisabeth Moss, The Handmaid’s Tale (do you understand me?)
    2. Emma Corrin,The Crown (tough role made humanly real)
    3. Jurnee Smollett, Lovecraft Country (hope it gets renewed)
    4. MJ Rodriguez,Pose (she had much more to do in Season 2)
    5. Olivia Colman,The Crown (she would have been higher if there was no Corrin and Anderson and O Connor)

Haven’t watched In Treatment.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

She murdered you and her entire competition with that scene alone. It better be her Emmy clip.

It certainly should be, but my confidence has been hurt by the mess they did last year and the mess the Oscars ceremony did earlier this year. I mean the Oscars having no clips were bad but having no clips for supporting players and none for drama performances in general? Pls. Even the clips they had for the comedy and limited leads were awful. Blanchett, Haas, King etc delivered exceptional performances but these producers delivered the most WTF clips of their performances.

I like the Do you understand me scene but for me she outacted on the i’m sorry “monologue” on the boat in “Vows”

It’s hard for me to choose whether I prefer her performance in “Vows” or “Home” more because they are such big acting showcases that explore different facets of June’s character without seeming disoriented but I think *that* scene in “Home” should absolutely be Moss’ clip. It just encompasses everything about her performance this entire season.

Her best scene in the whole series yeah. Would’ve been a locked win under the tape system.

I don’t think I would call her a lock (purely because Corrin’s tape is also super baity as well) but yeah I think it would been a replica of Julianna Margulies winning over Claire Danes and Kerry Washington all over again.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

How will you all rank all the 6 lead actress nominees this year by preference? Let’s see who has the broadest support.

My Personal Rankings:-

1. Elisabeth Moss, The Handmaid’s Tale (do you understand me?)
    2. Emma Corrin,The Crown (tough role made humanly real)
    3. Jurnee Smollett, Lovecraft Country (hope it gets renewed)
    4. MJ Rodriguez,Pose (she had much more to do in Season 2)
    5. Olivia Colman,The Crown (she would have been higher if there was no Corrin and Anderson and O Connor)

Haven’t watched In Treatment.

1. Emma Corrin (why should I care about her?)
    2. Elisabeth Moss
    3. MJ Rodriguez (she had little, but she nailed the hell out of what she had and i will root for her until the 19th of September even if she’s not my fave performance)
    4. I’m not black, but i feel so much empowered by the journey of both Uzo Aduba and Jurnee Smollett performances on their shows, both showing how Black Women have to overcome so much and still be people with joy and happiness. Doesn’t hurt that they’re both superb, so, it’s a tie.
    6. Olívia Colman (she’s last because of some episodes, and after reading some of the debate pages ago about her, I’m more comfortable than ever ranking her here, BUT, she still serve the hell out of Fagan, Favorites and 48:1, her performance on Fagan will stay with me forever).

Long story short, i love everything about this category.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Moss + Corrin >>>>> everyone else sorry sweetie 👄 (although I’ll be seeing Pose season 3 next week so Mj might change my mind)

Oscars FYC:
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Moss + Corrin >>>>> everyone else sorry sweetie 👄 (although I’ll be seeing Pose season 3 next week so Mj might change my mind)

She don’t dominate the show like those two, so i doubt you will like her that much haha
    But she does what she can, Ryan Murphy had one fucking job.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

“Do you understand me?!” and the van scene in the season 1 finale are def my fave Elisabeth Moss moments from the show. But she also has a scene in the season 4 finale that involves a lot of running (trying not spoil anything) that is absolutely incredible! Her breakdown in “Vows” is also up there!

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

“Do you understand me?!” and the van scene in the season 1 finale are def my fave Elisabeth Moss moments from the show. But she also has a scene in the season 4 finale that involves a lot of running (trying not spoil anything) that is absolutely incredible! Her breakdown in “Vows” is also up there!

She had some incredible scenes in “The Last Ceremony” and “Holly” too.

Profile picture
    FilmRoyalty
    Topics:

I think Emma has this but, Elizabeth may surprise.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Darlings I can’t stop thinking about this episode and performance. The cinematic parallels-

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yahlin Chang knew the job and delivered with a capital D, WBK.

Profile picture
    Charles94627175
    Topics:

Hulu submit any of the series regulars from The Handmaid’s Tale who are guest eligible (i.e. appear in less than 50% of the show’s episode count of a season) in guest.

Guest/Supporting has always confused me. The first Emmys I watched was in 1999 when Holland Taylor in The Practice beat Lara Flynn Boyle and Camryn Manheim in the Supporting Actress in a Drama race. Lara Flynn and Camryn were series regulars and Holland appeared in 6 out of 22 episodes that season as a judge.  Nancy Marchand of The Sopranos and Kim Delaney of NYPD Blue were the other two nominees. The next year, Stockard Channing in The West Wing got nommed in the same category for appearing in 3 out of 22 episodes of the first season; Allison Janney won though.

Guest Actor/Actress was also around then, so I guess it was just a preferrable name check scenario during the nominations because both instances were certainly Guest Actress. There are a lot of wtf intricacies with the Emmys over the years haha.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yahlin Chang knew the job and delivered with a capital D, WBK.

“Home” one of the best episodes of Handmaid‘s ever. Period.

Oscars FYC:

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.