Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

“Home” one of the best episodes of Handmaid‘s ever. Period.

Without a doubt. Wait until you see the finale though. :O

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lissie Moss will throw my corpse in the water once I see it after murdering me with “Home” last night.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Lissie Moss will throw my corpse in the water once I see it after murdering me with “Home” last night.

This comment will age beautifully. 😬🤐

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This comment will age beautifully. 😬🤐

Oscars FYC:
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

You’ll want to “run” after the finale.

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

Also on UK pace with Handmaid’s Tale, and also think Moss has knocked it out the park this season. I was firmly Team Corrin for a while, but at this point she’s had a pretty good share of awards.

But – and I haven’t seen this final season of Pose yet – I am pulling for MJ. She deserves to be recognised by the Academy, I’m happy knowing Moss has won it before.

FYC: Cecily! MJ! Maya! Winslet!

Profile picture
    Paul.wm
    Topics:

Obviously there’s no point in debating who’s winning supporting actress, but I’m curious what percent of the vote Anderson will get. I reckon at least 80%.

FYC: The Underground Railroad, Barry Jenkins, The Crown, Tobias Menzies, Helena Bonham Carter, Emily In Paris(for chaos’s sake)

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Obviously there’s no point in debating who’s winning supporting actress, but I’m curious what percent of the vote Anderson will get. I reckon at least 80%.

I’m also curious about who’s the runner up. Maybe Ellis? Carter?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But – and I haven’t seen this final season of Pose yet –

Apparently it’s coming on IPlayer on Sunday (as a box set too woo hoo!)

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

I finished THT S4 and with that, I am up to date on the entire series, thus far. Three things:

1) Elisabeth Moss absolutely deserved that Emmy for her submission of the S1 finale. HAUNTING performance.

2) Consider me murdered, as well, by the hands of Elisabeth Moss’ delivery of “Do you understand me?!”. Absolutely terrifying.

3) We, as a forum, have got to do something to get Yvonne Strahovski her Emmy. She’s absolutely brilliant as Serena.

Best binge I’ve had in a while. Elisabeth Moss is frighteningly good.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I finished THT S4 and with that, I am up to date on the entire series, thus far. Three things: 1) Elisabeth Moss absolutely deserved that Emmy for her submission of the S1 finale. HAUNTING performance. 2) Consider me murdered, as well, by the hands of Elisabeth Moss’ delivery of “Do you understand me?!”. Absolutely terrifying. 3) We, as a forum, have got to do something to get Yvonne Strahovski her Emmy. She’s absolutely brilliant as Serena. Best binge I’ve had in a while. Elisabeth Moss is frighteningly good.

Welcome to the fandom, alittle03. You are received with grace. And yes, we need to get Yvonne Strahovski an Emmy for sure.

Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:

I think Home is the superior episode and the best episode of S4. I was so excited to see it nominated for Drama writing. Yahlin Chang has given us some of the best Handmaid’s episodes and it’s wonderful to see her finally recognized for her work.

I’m also curious about who’s the runner up. Maybe Ellis? Carter?

Definitely one of the two. The Handmaid’s ladies will split votes and I don’t see people voting for Fennell over Carter.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I don’t think Fennell is receiving a single vote lol.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I think Home is the superior episode and the best episode of S4. I was so excited to see it nominated for Drama writing. Yahlin Chang has given us some of the best Handmaid’s episodes and it’s wonderful to see her finally recognized for her work.

Oh, I completely agree! I mean, “Liars” is such a series highlight. I do think “The Wilderness” trails “Home” closely, though it’s Liz Garbus’s immaculate direction that really shines in that one.

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

Apparently it’s coming on IPlayer on Sunday (as a box set too woo hoo!)

I saw! I’m planning one a night next week from Monday (I generally have to watch something light after THT on Sundays)

FYC: Cecily! MJ! Maya! Winslet!

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.