Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Supporting actress in a drama series feels like a mirror of supporting actor two years ago. Gillian Anderson is this year’s Peter Dinklage. They both seem to divide opinions on the internet but both give the supporting performances on their show with the most passion, both have baity performances and actors love the performer individually. At this point if they lose, their shows aren’t going to win drama series (which they’re a pretty much a shoo-in to win for). They’re also competing in weak fields with divided competition.

I have Yvonne Strahovski in second and Helena Bonham Carter in third.

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

The only acting category that I have no idea who to predict is supporting actor. I don’t feel any passion for any of the performances – maybe I’m wrong. Menzies is the only nomination from the drama series frontrunner and Esposito is overdue. Williams is the category frontrunner since winter awards, but will they want to reward him for a cancelled series?

Then there are The Handmaid’s Tale boys. Whitford is a previous winner (and was great in seasons 2 and 3), however if voters really watched the last season they will go with Fagbenle (or Minghella).

My money is still on Williams, however if Foy manages to win for her cameo, I’ll switch to Menzies.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Dance wins guest actor then I think Menzies will win.

Oscars FYC:
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)

Profile picture
    PeytonKawai
    Topics:

I hope all Corrin, O’Connor, Anderson, Menzies, Dance, and Foy win.

I don’t like Foy’s brief appearance wins, but they gave The Crown yak shit last year, so…

Though Michael Kenneth Williams is OVERDUE, so probably Williams can easily win….

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I hope all Corrin, O’Connor, Anderson, Menzies, Dance, and Foy win. I don’t like Foy’s brief appearance wins, but they gave The Crown yak shit last year, so… Though Michael Kenneth Williams is OVERDUE, so probably Williams can easily win….

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

Please not Foy… I re-watched the scene yesterday and she’s not even visible for most of it. That win would be absolutely ridiculous. I’m up for a Crown sweep otherwise though.

FYC: Lead Actress - Alana Haim (Licorice Pizza)

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Please not Foy… I re-watched the scene yesterday and she’s not even visible for most of it. That win would be absolutely ridiculous. I’m up for a Crown sweep otherwise though.

Foy nomination this year reminds me of the Martindale nomination (and win) for being in a chair chatting and doing nothing special. Even Cherry Jones did more in her emmy-winning episode for The Handmaid’s Tale.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t want Foy to win (I prefer Okonedo and Grace although I will be seeing Alexis Bledel’s tape soon) but unlike Cherry Jones in The Handmaid’s Tale, Foy was actually good in her cameo.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really really want to predict O-T Fagbenle (his performance is the only one I’m passionate about in the category) but with how Bradley Whitford got in with the GD awards for example (even as Madeleine Brewer was singled out) and how much actors seem to love him, I just can’t bring myself to predicting him and it hurts. It’s difficult to even rule out the possibility of Max Minghella stealing votes from Fagbenle. On paper it seems unlikely but at the same time, just like say Ricky Martin in The <i>Assassination of Gianni Versace</i>, he received enough votes for the nomination in the first place so it’s not like one can say with certainty that he’ll receive zero votes for the win.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I really really want to predict O-T Fagbenle (his performance is the only one I’m passionate about in the category) but with how Bradley Whitford got in with the GD awards for example (even as Madeleine Brewer was singled out) and how much actors seem to love him, I just can’t bring myself to predicting him and it hurts. It’s difficult to even rule out the possibility of Max Minghella stealing votes from Fagbenle. On paper it seems unlikely but at the same time, just like say Ricky Martin in The <i>Assassination of Gianni Versace</i>, he received enough votes for the nomination in the first place so it’s not like one can say with certainty that he’ll receive zero votes for the win.

It’s giving Succession 2.0

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Here are a few Ifs…then’s which I think are true:-

1.) As Wolfali pointed out,if Anderson loses The Crown may lose. In such a case,there is no chance it will win Drama Actress.

2.) If any of THT stars win in either of the supporting races, Moss is winning. (Only Rodriguez MAY be a threat)

3.) If any series other than The Crown or THT wins Casting,it has a great footing for any of the acting races it’s up for.

4.) If Foy wins, The Crown is then winning.

5.) Don’t underestimate 6 time winner John Lithgow. In a category without a clear frontrunner,name checks may start.
    ———————

Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

Foy nomination this year reminds me of the Martindale nomination (and win) for being in a chair chatting and doing nothing special.

I actually laughed out when I first saw the scene😂.Its a shame she didn’t win for the first two seasons.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I wasn’t considering him before but John Lithgow really could benefit from that category being so open.. he’s an Emmy favorite like King in 2018.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Totally agree. A lot of the time whenever there’s been an open category under this system, voters have tended to default to beloved performers of those they are more familiar with (i.e. an incumbent winner).

A few recent examples:

2020: Julia Garner
    2019: Alex Borstein and Tony Shalhoub
    2018: Regina King
    2017: Kate McKinnon

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

Mj Rodriguez will win 🙂

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.