Home Forums TV Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

They were robbed sweetie 👄

Anyway

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anyway

I will pretend this Emmy is for The Leftovers season 2 😉

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I will pretend this Emmy is for The Leftovers season 2 😉

Why not pretend that her win in 2016 (her worst Emmy win) is for the leftovers when that was the year she was competing for it darling.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I see we’re on the “Here’s how Lakeith Stanfield will split votes with Daniel Kaluuya and SBC will win” stage of race.

I still think this is between Menzies and MKW. If they go all in for The Crown nothing would stop them for voting for Menzies. Nobody is talking about that, but he’s getting cast as the villain (another one) for the Green Lantern HBO series, so he will be more famous soon. Honestly, he would get my vote because of how much I loved his performance on Moondust.

MKW on the other hand is overdue and he has the most acclaimed performance of the category. The winners will be very white and I assume giving an Emmy to this respected actor would be worth.

I don’t think Fagbenle can overcome vote split with Whitford. Giancarlo Esposito isn’t winning for a Guest performance (and unlike the Season 1, actors watched the second season of The Mandalorian, since they snubbed Luke Skywalkwer and nominated Olyphant and Carl Weathers).

I don’t see any rush to recognize John Lithgow for Perry Mason. If the show had got in Series or at least had a TCA nomination, I’d consider.

I was thinking about Sullivan and how he was able to get in despite the actors dumping everybody from the show except for SKB. I don’t watch the show, so how was his performance in the season ?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

but he’s getting cast as the villain (another one)

Prince Phillip was an atrocious racist but he’s not a villain in The Crown.

Oscars FYC:
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Prince Phillip was an atrocious racist but he’s not a villain in The Crown.

Menzies was a villain in The Night Manager and Outlander.

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

I was thinking about Sullivan and how he was able to get in despite the actors dumping everybody from the show except for SKB. I don’t watch the show, so how was his performance in the season ?

I didn’t think it was anything special from a performance standpoint and the character certainly had a lot of unlikable moments. I’m really surprised he got back in instead of Justin Hartley once Hartley went supporting (which was category fraud, but whatever)

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    AayaanUpadhyaya
    Topics:

I also think Amy Adams (Sharp Objects) and Kirsten Dunst (Fargo) would’ve won over her.

Not sure. Clarkson lost, Scanlen was snubbed. And Smart lost to King herself in 2016. Fargo never really did well with the actors. I think King would have defeated these two as well.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

People complain about King being a name check as if it wouldn’t be the same case with the presumed frontrunner Dern as well. Even a potential Dockery win would be a coattail to a stronger show in a line-up most didn’t bother watching.

It’s also funny that Regina’s win gets this much criticism for being a name check but not some others like Ruffalo.

Ruffalo was winning last year regardless. His performance in I Know This Much is True was pretty undeniable. Everyone had him winning the Emmy the moment the show premiered.

Not sure. Clarkson lost, Scanlen was snubbed. And Smart lost to King herself in 2016. Fargo never really did well with the actors. I think King would have defeated these two as well.

I’m still not over that. She probably should’ve won, to be honest.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

He was 2nd in the odds iirc…

I think I had him in first, personally. Watchmen was clearly loved, but I just didn’t see Jeremy Irons beating Ruffalo.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not sure. Clarkson lost, Scanlen was snubbed.

A good point but I think part of the reason for Sharp Object‘s dismal Emmy performance was that it had aired so early in the season. When Adams and King came up against each other at the winter awards the former got in everywhere whilst the latter only made the Globes. Adams aside, if Sharp Objects had aired during the Spring then Clarkson probably would have won (something she probably would have done at the 2019 Emmys anyway had she not come up against the titan that was Patricia Arquette) and the show probably would have landed writing and directing nominations like it did at the guilds.

I definitely agree about Dunst though. It’s criminal how under-appreciated Fargo‘s performances were with the academy (although I still would have given Paulson the Emmy for OJ Simpson that year).

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

He was 2nd in the odds iirc…

I don’t know why, honestly. Ruffalo was nominated for TCA, while Normal People flopped at the nominations.

The Experts were the only ones who had him in #1. It was pretty obvious he was winning. It’s the “he’s playing two characters” card.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.