Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 514 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Alison Wright the supporting actress performance of the decade?

Oscars FYC:
    "Shiva Baby" – in all categories especially Picture, Adapted Screenplay, Score
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "CODA" – in all categories especially Supporting Actor (Troy Kotsur)
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)
    "I'm Your Man" – International Feature
    "Summer of Soul" – Documentary Feature

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

For Your Consideration:

I May Destroy You in all categories
    (especially Michaela Coel in Lead Actress and Writing)

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

I’m also quite new here and I have a doubt. So under the new system the performances aren’t judged by a single tape?

They still have episodic submissions but the Emmys aren’t as strict as they used to be with making all voters watch all of the tapes so it has become largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things nowadays. Case in point the Martindale wins for the Americans and Cherry Jones’ win for THT these last few years.

Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

They still have episodic submissions but the Emmys aren’t as strict as they used to be with making all voters watch all of the tapes so it has become largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things nowadays.

Ah got it!! Thank u😀

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not a lock but I feel weirdly confident about Grace winning. It reminds me of Cherry Jones’ triumph last year. Grace just like Jones is the buzzy new addition to a show that has performed quite strongly in actors branch support this season and is up against a cast member from the same show with reduced material this season (Bledel/Walter), a cameo (Foy/Cox), Phylicia Rashad in This is Us and a strong performance from an Oscar nominee in a hit show from a well regarded multi-hyphenate that doesn’t get any other acting nominations (Okonedo/Tyson).

Now guest actor is a difficult one to predict haha.

Oscars FYC:
    "Together" – in all categories especially Actress (Sharon Horgan), Actor (James McAvoy), Original Screenplay
    "Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Supporting Actor (Richard E. Grant), Supporting Actress (Sarah Lancashire)

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Btw can someone explain why Bledel is in Guest Actress,not Supporting Actress?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Btw can someone explain why Bledel is in Guest Actress,not Supporting Actress?

Hulu submit any of the series regulars from The Handmaid’s Tale who are guest eligible (i.e. appear in less than 50% of the show’s episode count of a season) in guest.

Oscars FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Now guest actor is a difficult one to predict haha.

I think they will default to Charles Dance, especially is The Crown turns out to be more of a Succession than a Schitts Creek winner.

Worst case scenario Gillian wins Supporting and he wins Guest like Strong/Jones last year.
    Best case scenario he also wins but with all of the others or 8/9 winning as well.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I think Vance is a strong contender especially with how well Lovecraft did all around.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think Vance is a strong contender especially with how well Lovecraft did all around.

Yeah, i just don’t know how to feel about Lovecraft, i will predict him if I give up on MKW.

Profile picture
    TheCineMike
    Topics:

I agree. He is the one I am predicting right now in his category.

https://thecinemike.wordpress.com/
    Twitter: @TheCineMike

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The thing with Lovecraft is that it performed strongly, but that was before cancelation
    I don’t know if I wanna predict more than 1 acting win, and i have MKW winning Supporting for now. Although I might change that because I’m inclined to keep my O-T hopediction going.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

keep my O-T hopediction going.

As you should.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 514 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 12)’ is closed to new replies.