Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 264 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
39 mins ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
The Person Fo..
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Keep up the topic in Part 2.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Crown season 4 episode titles apparently.

I’m betting episode 3 is the wedding.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Both seasons with the elder actors will be something, I’m so excited, but it will be so long since they are all group of risk and we need the rona to go totally away.

Well I mean they’re filming in the summer of 2021 (the irony that even The Crown season 5 is starting to film before Killing Eve season 4 and Better Call Saul season 6 start to film) and we just saw how The Crown season 3 aired almost exactly two years after The Crown season 2 so there’s no reason to think (unless there’s another lockdown) that The Crown season 5 won’t arrive in 2022.

This may be stretching a thin line but with there looking like there might be a Covid vaccine being rolled out from March-ish (if the Pfizer vaccine indeed is rolled out soon) I really hope we can have an in person Emmys. It would be such a pity if The Crown wins and like Succession they won’t be able to have a “proper awards ceremony”.

I love how Regina King referred to the virtual Emmys as the fake awards ceremony and that she missed the real in-person awards.

FYC OSCARS : VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", AMANDA SEYFRIED FOR "MANK", ANTHONY HOPKINS FOR "THE FATHER", CHADWICK BOSEMAN FOR "MA RAINEY'S BLACK BOTTOM", PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN (BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I do eagerly waiting to see Imelda and Jonathan Pryce, it’ll be so interesting.

And it might coincide with the new The Great cast, so it should be perfect.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Hasan Minhaj Joins ‘The Morning Show’ For Season 2 Of Apple TV+ Drama Series

Looks like Billy Crudup got some competition.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Magestic
    Topics:

I do eagerly waiting to see Imelda and Jonathan Pryce, it’ll be so interesting. And it might coincide with the new The Great cast, so it should be perfect.

Will Great‘s cast be recast à la The Crown in the future?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hasan Minhaj Joins ‘The Morning Show’ For Season 2 Of Apple TV+ Drama Series Looks like Billy Crudup got some competition.

Lol imagine 4 supporting actors from The Morning Show (Carell, Crudup, Duplass, Minhaj).

At least a particular somebody would benefit…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Will Great‘s cast be recast à la The Crown in the future?

Looks like it’s going that way as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Lol imagine 4 supporting actors from The Morning Show (Carell, Crudup, Duplass, Minhaj).

At least a particular somebody would benefit…

Don’t think the 4 will get in tho, if they deliver this it will be the biggest vote split ever.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Don’t think the 4 will get in tho, if they deliver this it will be the biggest vote split ever.

Game of Thrones supporting ladies start running.

I mean I think Carell and Crudup could very easily vote-split next year if Carell does go supporting because the producers have said his role is smaller next season. I mean voters like Carell’s performance so much that they nominated it in lead when it wasn’t even a lead one. It’s not like with Corrin and Anderson where at the moment there doesn’t seem to be a clear challenger to them for them to vote-split and I don’t feel like Maslany (who could potentially face a vote-split of her own with Rylance), Nixon or Ellis are in shows that have enough passion or are strong enough to win (as excellent and win worthy as all three ladies are).

If those reviews about O’Connor are correct then he may end up being our frontrunner never mind challenger to The Morning Show men.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    nkb325
    Topics:

Is Morning Show s2 confirmed for this emmy cycle?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

In other news Matthew Perry has announced the Friends reunion will start filming in March. I assume this means The Morning Show will finish filming in February so I am guessing that a May air date is being eyed (then again season one finished production in May and started in November so by that logic then season two will air in August but then again a first season is a different ball game to a second).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54928857

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Is Morning Show s2 confirmed for this emmy cycle?

We are still not 100% sure, but considering that production started last month, it is likely.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Game of Thrones supporting ladies start running.

I mean I think Carell and Crudup could very easily vote-split next year if Carell does go supporting because the producers have said his role is smaller next season. I mean voters like Carell’s performance so much that they nominated it in lead when it wasn’t even a lead one. It’s not like with Corrin and Anderson where at the moment there doesn’t seem to be a clear challenger to them for them to vote-split and I don’t feel like Maslany (who could potentially face a vote-split of her own with Rylance), Nixon or Ellis are in shows that have enough passion or are strong enough to win (as excellent and win worthy as all three ladies are).

If those reviews about O’Connor are correct then he may end up being our frontrunner never mind challenger to The Morning Show men.

Carrel probably will be downplayed, on the first season he was the point of the whole me too plot, now he will probably be the man facing charged as the covid pandemic becomes the main storyline

Duplass and Crudup will probably repeat as well, damn, i hope some new names come up, because right now seems empty af.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

The Crown season 4 episode titles apparently. I’m betting episode 3 is the wedding.

It is

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 264 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.