Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Are the supporting categories confirmed to have 8 nominees each?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Are the supporting categories confirmed to have 8 nominees each?

I think they will have 8. It looks like there will be the same amount of submissions as the comedy supporting categories had this year.

The comedy supporting categories themselves next year though. Well they won’t have 8.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With us almost midway through Emmy eligibility which 5 performers from these 5 and a half months would YOU like to see receive their FIRST Emmy nominations this year?

Here are mine:

EDIT: I haven’t The Flight Attendant yet because it hasn’t aired here but if Michelle Gomez is good I may be rooting for her to get that nod she should have gotten for Doctor Who.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

With us almost midway through Emmy eligibility which 5 performers from these 5 and a half months would YOU like to see receive their FIRST Emmy nominations this year? Here are mine:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Antony Starr
    Karl Uban
    Jamie Chung
    Jurnee Smollett
    Emma Corrin
    Josh O’Connor
    Tobias Menzies

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Let’s go Tobias!!!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Wheel of Time seems to have been filming the last two episodes of the show for a month now so I’m assuming they’re almost done. I can see it taking the Hunters slot (although I don’t know how much good that will do for it lol).

If it arrives watch out for Pike. Maybe not here but at the Globes who are obsessed with her lol.

Profile picture
    eric
    Topics:

I don’t know why you say that the Golden Globes are obsessed with Pike when she has only 2 nominations, in my opinion 2 nominations doesn’t scream obsession

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t know why you say that the Golden Globes are obsessed with Pike when she has only 2 nominations, in my opinion 2 nominations doesn’t scream obsession

Obsession may have been to hyperbolic but what should be worth mentioning is how she managed to get in for a film hardly anyone watched or cared about (A Private War).

When I say obsession I meant when she’s in a project that has prestige she gets nominated. If The Wheel of Time ends up having prestige she has a very good chance at winning because the HFPA also love Amazon.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Crown is now the 44th most popular show on Netflix internationally this year with it having been the top 10 in 78 countries in the space of a week.

For further context Ozark in the space of 8 months has been in the top 10 in 40 countries and is the 43rd most popular show internationally on Netflix this year. Unorthodox has been in the top 10 in 38 countries in the space of 8 months and is the 56th most popular show internationally on Netflix this year.

This season is a hit with the gp.

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/world/2020/full#type2

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

This is weird

‘Industry’: Remaining Episodes Of HBO Drama To Drop On HBO Max This Week – Watch The Promo

They will put all the remaining eps on HBO Max right now but they will still air episodes every week on HBO.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Reese Witherspoon has praised The Crown on her Instagram story, asking her followers to watch saying “this season is everything” and has shared a series of photos of Corrin and O’Connor on her Instagram story.

Not like she’s an awards bellwether but she also did rave about Killing Eve and Comer when Comer won and raved about both Succession and Watchmen during the lockdown…

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Reese is a tv addict, queen

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Reese is a tv addict, queen

That may be the case but it disproves the idea that actors aren’t watching The Crown when one of the most influential actors in Hollywood is telling people to watch.

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

Lol Reese also followed that one polling post about The Crown with another story campaigning for Gillian to win

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.