Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Succession returning on time would be interesting because with Ozark out of the way it will be interesting to see where those votes go. Do they go for dysfunctional family dramas like Succession or The Crown or do they benefit The Mandalorian (which is something I don’t see winning).

If Succession doesn’t return on time I think it will be very good for The Crown because something tells me both shows share the same type of voters.

I mean if neither Succession or The Gilded Age air is there even any competition for The Crown in Series, S. Actor, S. Actress, Writing or Directing? It feels like the GoT s8 situation we had last year except The Crown s4 seems stronger because unlike GoT it has had a rave response from the audience and critics and its season is considered one of its best.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    musterd
    Topics:

LMAO.

Watch Netflix cast him as John Major for next season lol.

He may well accept it. He said he’s obsessed with royals drama lol

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Intrigued by what episode Peter Morgan will submit for Writing. I think he should submit either Fairytale, Fagan or 48:1 but considering the previous submissions here I wouldn’t be surprised if Terra Nullius was submitted instead. Sigh.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Emma Corrin is not the lead of The Crown, she has a supporting role (she just appears in 8 episodes and in 2 of them she does not say a word), its obvious Olivia Colman is the lead and should be the only actress submitted as a lead.

I agree she’s not the lead but someone pointed this out on The Crown thread that the season ends on her face and that’s the first time a season has not ended on the Queen. And the producers (incl. Morgan) have dubbed her as a “co-lead” so even though I don’t consider her lead there is a possibility they may submit her (and O’Connor) in lead along with Colman.

If that happens then I’d say Netflix is in a very good position to win all 7 above the line drama categories because if Corrin goes lead I’d say they probably would have both Actress and S. Actress on lock.

Profile picture
    eric
    Topics:

Your love for her perfomance is blinding you… She is only in 6 episodes (I’m not counting her cameos in two other episodes) which are the same as Anderson and no one is calling her a lead, and also I don’t think she would win in best actress over Olivia Colman, she is the Queen and has more to do than Corrin. The thing that Corrin has in her favour is the character (Diana is beloved) more than her performance.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Your love for her perfomance is blinding you… She is only in 6 episodes (I’m not counting her cameos in two other episodes) which are the same as Anderson and no one is calling her a lead, and also I don’t think she would win in best actress over Olivia Colman, she is the Queen and has more to do than Corrin. The thing that Corrin has in her favour is the character (Diana is beloved) more than her performance.

My love for her performance is blinding me? I literally a few pages back that I want all 3 of The Crown key ladies to win and am disappointed at least one of them won’t.

I’m not saying she’ll go Lead but I’m not ruling it out either.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

The thing that Corrin has in her favour is the character (Diana is beloved) more than her performance.

No xx

Profile picture
    eric
    Topics:

You said in another post that Emma Corrin’s performance is your second favoruite performance of the whole series and you are saying that if Emma Corrin goes lead “Netflix is in a very good position to win all 7 above the line drama categories because if Corrin goes lead I’d say they probably would have both Actress and S. Actress on lock”

I think that with this, you are suggesting that if Emma goes lead The Crown has most possibilities to win lead actress (Emma) and supporting actress (Gillian) and I don’t think that is true. I would say that is more possible if Emma remains in supporting as she wouldn’t have more possibilities of winning in lead than Olivia and she could cause some vote-split (although I don’t think many people would vote in the industry for Emma over Olivia).

But well, all of these is just my opinion, I just think that the only actresses of The Crown that could win are Olivia and Gillian (I don’t buy the comparison between Emma and Jodie Comer or Jeremy STrong).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

You said in another post that Emma Corrin’s performance is your second favoruite performance of the whole series and you are saying that if Emma Corrin goes lead “Netflix is in a very good position to win all 7 above the line drama categories because if Corrin goes lead I’d say they probably would have both Actress and S. Actress on lock” I think that with this, you are suggesting that if Emma goes lead The Crown has most possibilities to win lead actress (Emma) and supporting actress (Gillian) and I don’t think that is true. I would say that is more possible if Emma remains in supporting as she wouldn’t have more possibilities of winning in lead than Olivia and she could cause some vote-split (although I don’t think many people would vote in the industry for Emma over Olivia). But well, all of these is just my opinion, I just think that the only actresses of The Crown that could win are Olivia and Gillian (I don’t buy the comparison between Emma and Jodie Comer or Jeremy STrong).

I think Corrin could win if she went lead (a bit like Comer and Strong) but I find the comparisons between Corrin vs Anderson and Comer vs Oh/Cox vs Strong to be strange.

People are underestimating the fact that Anderson has gotten a lot of industry support shown for her online and that because of her body of work the contrast between her performance as Thatcher and her performance as Scully is shocking.

She will for sure get votes and whichever one of Anderson or Corrin gets more votes wins. There’s no denying that these two women have the buzziest performances in Drama thus far and possibly even this entire Emmy season depending on how the field plays out.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Netflix is doing everything they can to ensure The Crown is winning Drama Series next year. The main Netflix account is posting content usually reserved for the Netflix UK and Ireland account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmS8oHbSsuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EW6XqCaQjY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8cbJbpZfco

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The public is really invested in Ruth Wilson for HDM, everywhere I look people praise her.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The public is really invested in Ruth Wilson for HDM, everywhere I look people praise her.

I am predicting Ruth Wilson for a nomination, think that if neither Corrin or Anderson win that she deserves to win and think that <i>His Dark Materials </i>might have an upsurge in nominations this year or surprise like The Mandalorian and What We Do in the Shadows but this is a MASSIVE over-exaggeration lol.

I mean I’m a Wilson stan and she’s n my personal top 3 lineup but she’s not EVERYWHERE. She can happen but she’s not the Dalai Lama.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Utopia canceled.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Utopia canceled.

Good riddance.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I am predicting Ruth Wilson for a nomination, think that if neither Corrin or Anderson win that she deserves to win and think that <i>His Dark Materials </i>might have an upsurge in nominations this year or surprise like The Mandalorian and What We Do in the Shadows but this is a MASSIVE over-exaggeration lol. I mean I’m a Wilson stan and she’s n my personal top 3 lineup but she’s not EVERYWHERE. She can happen but she’s not the Dalai Lama.

I meant everywhere I look about the show, not every planet of the galaxy, all the talk of the show is surrounded her right now

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.