Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I meant everywhere I look about the show, not every planet of the galaxy, all the talk of the show is surrounded her right now

Maybe it’s different or maybe I’m being a bit too harsh.

Although she was trending on Twitter when the latest episode aired (and deservingly so) but the show is HUGE in the UK and so is she.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

Today’s episode of Mandalorian deserves a Best Director nomination at the Emmys. The best episode yet for this series.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Today’s episode of Mandalorian deserves a Best Director nomination at the Emmys. The best episode yet for this series.

This episode was big wasn’t it ? If Mandalorian don’t screw up the last 3 eps, then The Crown is up for a competition.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Emma Corrin is not The Crown’s lead, and she wouldn’t win as a lead. Olivia Colman is undoubtedly the only lead, even more so in the fourth season. Emma is absent from two entire episodes and has two to three others in which she appears for maybe a single scene. She, HBC and Gillian are all supporting; a potential vote-split shouldn’t be the reason why Netflix moves a supporting player to lead. I have Corrin winning the Globe at the moment, which would be huge for her. I have more confidence in the Emmys choosing her over Anderson than I do the Globes, which is why her victory with the HFPA would be telling. That said, as I’ve stated, I don’t think The Crown is winning the drama supp. actress race at the Emmys.

Oscar FYC -- Give Viola Davis her second Oscar!

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I don’t even watch or follow stuff about it but even I couldn’t escape to see things about the latest Mandalorian. We don’t even have to wait spring to say The Crown isn’t locked because there is already a strong competitor right there.

Profile picture
    Galang
    Topics:

Do you guys think Josh O’Connor will go lead?

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Do you guys think Josh O’Connor will go lead?

Probably not, it’ll be such a poor look if he’s lead whilst Corrin is supporting

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I’m going to laugh if Succession returns on time and steals all the buzz away from The Crown sorry.

Profile picture
    unown
    Topics:

If crown fucks around with their submissions. They have a very worthy competitor. If Crown vote splits they are possibly in danger, Dave Filoni can snatch it. The latest episode was a series best. This season is going strong so far, lets see if it ends well.

Not that it matters but the latest episode  ”the Jedi” has a 9.7 rating on IMDB with over 7k votes.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Rosario Dawson was a big conversation as well for the last ep
    She is a lock for the nom in the guest actress category I would say.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Rosario Dawson is one of the Performers of the Week on TVLine for The Mandalorian 2.05:

https://tvline.com/2020/11/28/rosario-dawson-the-mandalorian-season-2-ahsoka-tano/

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Rosario Dawson is one of the Performers of the Week on TVLine for The Mandalorian 2.05:

https://tvline.com/2020/11/28/rosario-dawson-the-mandalorian-season-2-ahsoka-tano/

Wow at Billie Piper
    Wolfali about to get real happy

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If Succession doesn’t return on time then The Crown almost has it on lock.

There has to be somewhere that all the freed up Succession, Ozark, Killing Eve and Big Little Lies voters go and I think it’s more likely they go to a British period drama about a dysfunctional family than a Star Wars prequel for the win.

You can accuse me of “The Crown stanning” all you want but I mean excluding The Handmaid’s Tale when was the last time a show that didn’t have a dysfunctional family drama as a subplot or as its core win? Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Mad Men, The Sopranos and Succession all had that. The Mandalorian doesn’t.

You have to ask yourself why is it that This is Us has managed to cling on so much with the actors branch or manage to have a surge in nominations and it’s that particular reason. Melodramatic dysfunctional family dramas are Academy bait.

It’s not even only in Drama. Look at Comedy. Apart from when Veep was the funniest and most acclaimed comedy on television all the winners have been from shows about dysfunctional families or with dysfunctional families as a theme. Modern Family, Maisel, Fleabag, Schitt’s Creek.

The real race imo is between The Crown and (if it returns on time) Succession. And if Succession returns on time then we know that none of The Crown ladies are winning. However if it doesnt then one of them probably is winning. People seem to forget that to cause a vote-split you need to have a strong enough contender which no other show has right now.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

HBC was also mentioned as an Honorable mention.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m going to laugh if Succession returns on time and steals all the buzz away from The Crown sorry.

That would be so funny (and I say this as a stan of both)

This would be Succession

And this would be <i>The Crown</i>

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.