Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

Julianna Margulies is supporting.
    She replied a Instagram comment saying she’ll be in 6 episodes, maybe more.

But I have this feeling TMS will be ready for summer/fall and will miss 2021 Emmys

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Julianna Margulies is supporting. She replied a Instagram comment saying she’ll be in 6 episodes, maybe more. But I have this feeling TMS will be ready for summer/fall and will miss 2021 Emmys

This is possible.

However considering the timeliness and Apple[‘s weekly release structure I think it will be fine.

I hope it doesn’t miss eligibility because otherwise the supporting actress in a drama series category in 2022 will be a bloodbath:

– Alexis Bledel, The Handmaid’s Tale
    – Laura Dern, Big Little Lies
    – Julia Garner, Ozark
    – Julianna Margulies, The Morning Show
    – Fiona Shaw, Killing Eve
    – Sarah Snook, Succession
    – Whomever is from The House of the Dragon
    – Whomever is from The Timetraveller’s Wife
    – Thandie Newton, Westworld

And this is barring something like Succession managing to sneak in one of Abbass or Smith-Cameron this time round or something have a resurgence.

Poor Rhea Seahorn.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Julianna Margulies is supporting.
    She replied a Instagram comment saying she’ll be in 6 episodes, maybe more.

But I have this feeling TMS will be ready for summer/fall and will miss 2021 Emmys

I think it’s coming like Ozark, pretty nearing the deadline.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Succession3

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Succession3

Gerri alert

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not the right place for this but watch out for Killing Eve having more interest for season 4 at the 2022 Emmys because Jodie Comer could very will win the Supporting Actress Oscar at the 2022 Oscars for The Last Duel and if Laura Neal’s sole writing credits on the show are anything to go by the show could have a resurgence in quality and surge in buzz.

It also helps it that it won’t be dividing British bloc votes with The Crown (although it will be sharing British bloc votes with Succession).

Poor Sandra Oh.

FYC OSCARS : PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. ACTRESS – Carey Mulligan AND ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY — EMERALD FENNELL), VANESSA KIRBY FOR "PIECES OF A WOMAN", ESSIE DAVIS FOR "BABYTEETH"

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Not the right place for this but watch out for Killing Eve having more interest for season 4 at the 2022 Emmys because Jodie Comer could very will win the Supporting Actress Oscar at the 2022 Oscars for The Last Duel and if Laura Neal’s sole writing credits on the show are anything to go by the show could have a resurgence in quality and surge in buzz.

It also helps it that it won’t be dividing British bloc votes with The Crown (although it will be sharing British bloc votes with Succession).

Poor Sandra Oh.

I did not knew anything about that movie, looks amazing, I am so hyped. Well, if Laura Neal is so good, she will write something amazing for Oh as well. But interestingly enough, I watched the recent interview between Oh and Washington and Oh seems very happy and invested in her Killing Eve´s storylines, so maybe she does not see things like the majority of us.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I did not knew anything about that movie, looks amazing, I am so hyped. Well, if Laura Neal is so good, she will write something amazing for Oh as well. But interestingly enough, I watched the recent interview between Oh and Washington and Oh seems very happy and invested in her Killing Eve´s storylines, so maybe she does not see things like the majority of us.

I thought Oh was phenomenal in season 1 and thoroughly deserved her nomination (hell maybe even a win) but her problem on the show is the sidelining. She’s still excellent but the more sidelined she is the less deserving a nomination (in lead) feels. Considering how season 2 was the Jodie Comer season and season 3 was the Fiona Shaw one I hope season 4 can be the Sandra Oh one.

Killing Eve is still in a very good position if she gets nominated for or wins that Oscar. For a Series nomination it doesn’t need more eyeballs (I mean people from Ryan Reynolds to Reese Witherspoon watch the show and tweet about it and I’m pretty sure it’s ahead of The Handmaid’s Tale and Better Call Saul next go round) but it could very well get more eyeballs if Comer has Oscar success (a bit like how even though Fleabag was already getting more eyeballs the win for Colman at the Oscars helped shoot it through the roof).

If Colman wins for <i>The Father </i>(which is possible although I’m leaning towards Seyfried right now and then Foster) then The Crown undoubtedly imo will explode at the Emmys (although I’m already expecting it to with the combination of the increased acclaim, surge into the mainstream, increased viewership, buzz and the escapist feel it and other shows this year have that could benefit them because I think escapism will appeal too Emmy voters this time round because of the pandemic).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

My sweet Sandra Oh, at this point she’ll only win for Killing Eve if the show gets Drama Series.

Profile picture
    Miles
    Topics:

Could the Emmys extend their deadline like the Oscars? It seems many high profile shows could use a few more weeks of eligibility.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Theoretically yes, but I hope not. It would be very frustrating considering that we have a considerable amount of great shows/performers so far in Comedy, Drama and Limited Series (and we will probably have more until May).

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

That would be terrible and basically saying they want certain shows to be nominated and not others.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

That would be terrible and basically saying they want certain shows to be nominated and not others.

This is why I’m saying if they they do it it will be before the Globes. Imagine how bad it will look if The Crown and The Queen’s Gambit sweep the winter awards and they move the deadline. It will look like them saying “we don’t want Netflix to win”.

Following on from my previous post what also should be worth baring in mind is the Oscars partly extended the deadline not because of productions finding it difficult to finish but also because cinemas weren’t open so the films that were ready (i.e. Promising Young Woman, The French Dispatch). That isn’t the case here because in fact more platforms have opened up (see HBO Max/Peacock). It wouldn’t surpise me if we ended up with the same amount of drama submissions this year or if limited actually increased in the number of submissions.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

We have an empty field, but not THAT empty.
    It’s actually good that most of the shows/performers we know won’t be on this round, gives new blood room to shine.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

GoT spinoff is not going to make eligibility, its impossible.

Margulies could benefit from the Crown votesplit RIP. Crudup 2.0.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.