Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 504 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Allan Veríss..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

GoT spinoff is not going to make eligibility, its impossible. Margulies could benefit from the Crown votesplit RIP. Crudup 2.0.

I have Margulies in fourth (at the moment in terms of nomination predictions) and have the unpopular opinion that she should have won for every season of The Good Wife but if she’s in 6 episodes she could end up being Holly Hunter 2.0. I guess you could argue I should say the same about Anderson but she at least had more prominence in the story of her show and appeared in the beginning, middle and end which doesn’t seem like it will be the case for Margulies judging by the description of her role.

But who knows?

I actually won’t be surprised if Wilson sneaked in and benefitted from a The Crown vote-split if Margulies doesn’t. She seems to have more buzz this season (even though she’s ironically in it less but I’ve seen murmurs about her on social media from non HDM stans) and His Dark Materials has been performing very well on HBO Max recently according to Casey Bloys and is one of their biggest hits on the streaming service.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Emil Petrov
    Topics:

How do you guys see The Mandalorian season 2 with the Emmys? The season is clearly better than the first. I can see even making it to Directing too.

Profile picture
    unown
    Topics:

How do you guys see The Mandalorian season 2 with the Emmys? The season is clearly better than the first. I can see even making it to Directing too.

I can see it going Directing and writing. This season is a very obvious stepup quality wise.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m predicting The Mandalorian to get nominated in writing and directing and twice in guest actress but I think it will only win guest actress. Directing is too vote-splitty a branch for it to overcome a three way vote-split so I think it will lose to <i>The Crown </i>(which I assume will just submit Benjamin Caron and Jessica Hobbs again).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Series
    Actor
    Guest actor
    Guest actress
    Writing
    Directing

And a ton of craft nods

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Actor

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I mean, I’m probably overestimating but it’s a possibility lol.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Giancarlo Esposito has appeared in three of the six episodes released so far of The Mandalorian Season 2, and will definitely appear in the final two episodes. So he will have to submit as Supporting this year.

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    Dan Backslide
    Topics:

Mandalorian could get Pascal in. It’s a stretch given the lack of FaceTime, but his performance is still praised, he’s becoming a big name in recent years, and the field will likely remain missing.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Giancarlo Esposito has appeared in three of the six episodes released so far of The Mandalorian Season 2, and will definitely appear in the final two episodes. So he will have to submit as Supporting this year.

Yep.

I think he’ll slip in but it is interesting because he’ll be competing against himself this year (he’ll also be on the ballot for The Boys).

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Yep.

I think he’ll slip in but it is interesting because he’ll be competing against himself this year (he’ll also be on the ballot for The Boys).

Fingers crossed that he’ll cancel himself out.

FYC Emmys: What are you waiting 5 to support Girls5eva? (and It's a Sin too!)

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Nothing against him personally, though. I just want The Mandalorian to get the least number possible of nods.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Nothing against him personally, though. I just want The Mandalorian to get the least number possible of nods.

What are you rooting for (out of interest)?

I would say what I am rooting for but I think that’s explicitly clear from my profile picture (although I don’t think the show is “locked” for any wins other than maybe for Colman who doesn’t seem to have any competition and has a last season narrative).

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

What are you rooting for (out of interest)?

I would say what I am rooting for but I think that’s explicitly clear from my profile picture (although I don’t think the show is “locked” for any wins other than maybe for Colman who doesn’t seem to have any competition and has a last season narrative).

At the moment, I’m rooting for The Crown as well. It was the best season for me.

But what I said goes a little further than the shows I’m rooting for. I just don’t get why The Mandalorian is a thing at awards at all. I’ve tried watching the show and it really bothers me the fact that this is becoming a major player.

I mean, I might regret saying that because I don’t know what is coming our way, but I’d rather see anything winning any awards above the line over The Mandalorian.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

At the moment, I’m rooting for The Crown as well. It was the best season for me.

But what I said goes a little further than the shows I’m rooting for. I just don’t get why The Mandalorian is a thing at awards at all. I’ve tried watching the show and it really bothers me the fact that this is becoming a major player.

I mean, I might regret saying that because I don’t know what is coming our way, but I’d rather see anything winning any awards above the line over The Mandalorian.

I don’t think that you are being very objective here. I also watched the show recently, the first season was literally the only think that I did not watched from the Drama side of the Emmys and it is quite good. The writing is basic and full of clichés, but it is very well done, perfectly acted and directed, the music is gorgeous and now this Emmy win (for its music) is among my favorites. And in season 2 the writing algo got better in the last episodes which are really epic. I think that is here to stay.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.