Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 507 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It got a key industry nomination over Lovecraft Country.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

It got a key industry nomination over Lovecraft Country.

At the same group that gave nominations to Broad City and Mindhunter before. The Boys can just easily be like those two.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At the same group that gave nominations to Broad City and Mindhunter before. The Boys can just easily be like those two.

Mindhunter missed in favour of Ozark (nominated thrice and had a boost in support and acclaim for a midseason release). <i>Broad City </i>missed for <i>Master of None</i> (a late release) and Catastrophe (an British series with strong writers buzz which was ineligible at WGA) and fellow WGA nominees Veep and Silicon Valley (both nominated twice each).

I Hate Suzie is the closest thing to a Catastrophe this season not Lovecraft CountryLovecraft Country was not a late release so there should have been no reason for it to be snubbed in favour of The Boys (both were released around the same time) at WGA if it was stronger than it. The Crown can submit two episodes (although they probably will only submit one) and <i>The Mandalorian </i>can only (and based on last year probably will) submit three episodes.

If <i>The Boys </i>misses Writing it will be because of I Hate Suzie (which might not even be enough to knock it out as every episode is written by the same person) or something like PoseIn Treatment or The Mosquito Coast (if they get writers branch support in the first place). It’s not going to miss because of Lovecraft Country.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

Exactly, and the writers branch of the Emmy tends to bring weird sole noms from time to time. Getting a WGA nom is not a guaranteed, especially missing the biggest ones.

For a show which usually brings how popular was, the level of acclaim, the tea about the GG loving the stuff, it failed miserably.

Profile picture
    roger88
    Topics:

Maybe “The Boys” will be the inverse “Unorthodox” lol.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Oh it’s definitely not a guaranteed. But until I see a reasonable alternative to it I will keep it in my Drama Series predictions as I’m having trouble filling 8 slots (especially with This is Us‘ SAG ensemble snub).

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

The Boys still has one last chance next Monday, on PGA and DGA.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Maybe “The Boys” will be the inverse “Unorthodox” lol.

I’m intrigued as to what you mean by that.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

A superhero show getting a WGA nom in drama is quite promising. Amazon just needs to pursue an aggressive campaign and make voters watch it and I think it can easily be in.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But I mean if WGA nominated The Boys doesn’t get into Drama Writing then what does? There’s no guarantee that In TreatmentPose or <i>The Mosquito Coast </i>will get writers support. The Handmaid’s Tale could end up like Maisel and others shows that have been snubbed by the writers at the Emmys and find it difficult to get back in. Lovecraft missing WGA for Drama when it clearly was watched is not good for it and whilst I am particularly high on I Hate Suzie and think it has a chance at pulling a Catastrophe/Pen15 type nomination, there is no guarantee it will get in. It could be the acclaimed British show that is a hit in the UK and flops at the Emmys (QuizHowards End).

In a weak year where only two shows are safe in Writing, I don’t think a WGA nominated show can be ruled out so easily.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

At this point it shouldn’t be a risky move to say The Boys is in when eight shows are going to be nominated.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

The Morning Show will be back this summer.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So it really does look like we could be headed for a lineup of Aduba, Colman, Corrin, Moore, Moss and Rodriguez..

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Steven Spielberg and the Duffer Brothers will adapt “The Talisman” of Stephen King at Netflix: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/steven-spielberg-duffer-bros-team-to-tackle-stephen-kings-talisman-exclusive?__twitter_impression=true

I really can’t imagine how Hollywood would be if Stephen King wasn’t a writer. I feel like there is a new Stephen King adaptation announcement every week.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Morning Show will be back this summer.

Smollett come get some loooove

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.