Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 507 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Shorter season so that’s easy.

4/28, 5/5, 5/12

5/19, 5/26, 6/2, 6/9, 6/16

Pretty much matches the S1 schedule.

I also see Luke snagged the Obama role opposite Viola Davis; this show its impact on the players’ careers just from its sheer quality. We love to see it.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Oh, and let’s get Lizzie her directing nom!!!

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Well, the last season was a really wild season for Yvonne Strahovski, and you know what happened to her at the last episode. I think she won’t do that much this coming season, but let’s see!

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Rose Leslie and Theo James have been tapped as the leads in The Time Traveler’s Wife, HBO’s drama series based on the novel by Audrey Niffenegger. Steven Moffat will be the showrunner.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/rose-leslie-theo-james-star-the-time-travelers-wife-hbo-1234701701/

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Well, the last season was a really wild season for Yvonne Strahovski, and you know what happened to her at the last episode. I think she won’t do that much this coming season, but let’s see!

Oh, I have seen set photos that would suggest the opposite.

Profile picture
    Galang
    Topics:

What I took away most from that trailer is that Ann Dowd is coming again!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What Strahovski might do is go guest (and she may even win!) because I hear she may not be in the first two episodes. She didn’t shoot any scenes of the show until after the shutdown whilst the rest of the cast more or less were shooting from before the shutdown.

But Luca is right. I have seen some set photos too (probably the same ones as he has) and it looks like she definitely “has much” to do…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Yeah, supposedly this is a June and Aunt Lydia-centric season, so I expect more screen time for Dowd. I also sincerely hope they give Samira Wiley some material because she’s too talented to be wasted. That one shot in the trailer is somewhat promising.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I do think Dowd can get back in. The field is scattered, she has added buzz because of Mass and I think what helps Handmaid’s is it still has some support from actors (SAG ensemble nom and Moss got in at SAG last year). It is worrisome how they didn’t nominate the clear standouts of this season but I wonder how much of that had to do with it having been a year since the previous season aired (which obviously won’t be an issue this year).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I think the show will do well. The field is so empty, and they’re familiar with the show, which will help. It still got into drama series last year despite the field being somewhat packed, despite its season having aired an entire year before voting and despite lukewarm reception. I’d be shocked if it didn’t do as well, if not better, this year. Most of the big drama contenders aired last year, which will IMO help it. I hope Pose makes eligibility as well, because it too can capitalize on this emptier field.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I also sincerely hope they give Samira Wiley some material

I absolutely agree although regardless she’s a lock for a nomination lol.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

AMC confirmed Better Call Saul only on early 2022. The situation of Killing Eve is dependent on a production timing schedule.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And also with House of the DragonThe MandalorianKilling EveThe Time Traveller’s Wife and a potentially buzzier season of The Morning Show.

I am convinced that the actors branch don’t even watch Better Call Saul. It’s one of the shows that feel like filler at the Emmys.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

But I guess Rhea Seehorn will still be top 5 in the prediction center somehow!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

But I guess Rhea Seehorn will still be top 5 in the prediction center somehow!

And somehow people will still think there is no way Fiona Shaw gets nominated over her…

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.