Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 507 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

But I guess Rhea Seehorn will still be top 5 in the prediction center somehow!

I mean, it’s obvious that she’s winning.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The situation of Killing Eve is dependent on a production timing schedule.

Killing Eve will probably go to Spring 2022. Which will probably help it again when everything will air in 2021.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Well, if Better Call Saul doesn’t win anything during six seasons, it will look bad for the Emmys, not for this amazing series.

But I still think that the final season will at least guarantee some nominations. And Vince Gilligan has a good record of making a great final season…

About other news:

– Trailer of Shadow and Bone: https://youtube.com/watch?v=UHJYYd_RnJc

– Wagner Moura (Narcos) Joins Elisabeth Moss in Apple Series ‘Shining Girls’: https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/wagner-moura-elisabeth-moss-shining-girls-apple-1234916527/

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Better Call Saul is winning in 2022

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    Lucas
    Topics:

It better win. It has been robbed enough now

FYC

Best Actor: Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round)

Best Actress: Carey Mulligan (Promising Young Woman)

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Netflix won’t waste the chance to continue its reign on drama series. Ozark‘s last season will be pushed very strongly, especially if The Crown somehow lose the crown this year.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

It really isn’t they don’t care about the show at all.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Ozark will be released in two parts no? If they premiere in the same cycle ok, if not then I don’t see 4A winning alone.

Better Call Saul is so overlooked and many already think that it surpassed the mother show in quality, so maybe the last season will finally break through.

I know Bob Odenkirk will be back though, and with a chance of winning

Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m just happy Succession already won one, the way these next few years are going to be a tough competition.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Unpopular opinion but unless Succession has a season as acclaimed or buzzy as the second I don’t think it’s going to win again (and I’m a massive fan of this show so there is no bias here lol). It feels like The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel in the sense that unless it changes things up in its following season it’s inevitably going to lose steam when it comes to winning.

In fact apart from The Crown (which will change things up because that’s the format of the show) and maybe Ted Lasso (which is only having a three season run) I don’t think any show has a chance of repeating again or winning twice unless they have some sort of new or added buzz or novelty. I feel like the era in which shows could continue to win and win Series like Game of Thrones and Veep did is over.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The Last Of Us is going to be a major contender whenever that airs. Frankly, I don’t see Pedro Pascal losing unless he is panned. Everyone who has played the games know how baity the role is.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Could be.

I do think it is the most promising out of HBO’s “new shows”. I feel like <i>The Time Travellers Wife </i>sounds like HFPA fare and its best chances will probably be for Rose Leslie in Actress and Emmy winner Steven Moffatt in Writing and House of the Dragon

…well that might be the Better Call Saul of the Game of Thrones universe.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Unpopular opinion but unless Succession has a season as acclaimed or buzzy as the second I don’t think it’s going to win again

I feel the same. Even though it was one of the best dramas of last season, I’m more excited for some new drama shows rather than Succession S3.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I mean I love the show to death and I am looking forward to season 3 but I don’t know if the show can win again soon if they don’t add anything new or change things up when Ozark will have its final season and The Crown will have a new era starring Elizabeth Debicki and Imelda Staunton that covers events closer in modern memory.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Succession will have to fail hard like Westworld to not be in serious contention whenever it’s released

Maybe it will lose steam after, but if it’s good, won’t be for S3.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.