Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 4)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 507 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The way Mindhunter could’ve been a possible contender for season 3 had it come out.. I’m so bitter about the show being put on hold.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The problem I have with Phoebe Dynevor is literally no one is talking about her. More people are talking about Jean-Page, Bailey and even Coughlan, Walker and Andoh than her.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

Dynevor is oddly similar to past ShondaLand series Grey’s Anatomy lead Ellen Pompeo. She’s technically the lead but it’s such an ensemble piece and the critics/GP have taken so kindly other performers from it, that she just gets left off.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The problem I have with Phoebe Dynevor is literally no one is talking about her. More people are talking about Jean-Page, Bailey and even Coughlan, Walker and Andoh than her.

Which is why she is missing and she won’t even be promoted more by Netflix than Colman, Corrin and Paulson.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

So my post Globes analysis is that if O’Connor wins SAG he’s locked for the Emmy win.

There’s no stopping Gillian Anderson at the Emmys.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

The Twilight Zone canceled.

a week late but there’s goes my longshot Ethan Embry hope-diction.

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

There’s no stopping Gillian Anderson at the Emmys.

This.

As mentioned before, who is there that could stop her? Even with potentially three co-stars nominated against her (HBC, Doherty & Fennell), she’s still largely got in the bag.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

They are all locked as locks can be to me
    No one new is gonna stop Emma and Josh, let alone Gillian, the show is winning as well.
    Tobias will benefit from this and he will probably win too, just look, the next 7/7 to finish the trifecta with Schitt’s Creek and Angels in America.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I won’t buy a Menzies win until he gets nominated.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah.

I think he’ll get nominated but I don’t know about a win. I have Joel Kinnaman for now because why not but if In Treatment flops I think it’s probably Menzies or nothing.

With those Golden Globe wins there’s no stopping Emma or Gillian. At worst it feels like The Crown will pull a Handmaid’s s1 and win Series and two acting awards (one of which over Emmy darling Uzo Aduba).

Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

He’s this year’s Eugene Levy for me, he’s got great odds to win, but not buying for now because of his more loved co-stars.

Until then I’m leaning towards a win for Bailey, Williams or one of the Treatment fellas.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Let’s see CC Sunday, if Tobias win then it’s something
    Probably will be Tom Pelphrey tho and we’ll still be here.

But even then, who is winning? Maybe Brad Whitford repeats his win

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

When was the last time a show won all its nominated categories at the Globes?

Angels in America probably

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Still underestimating Lovecraft Country? In what world does this show is behind Bridgerton for Drama Series?

Bridgerton: SAG;
    Lovecraft Country: GG, CC, SAG and WGA.

It’s pretty obvious which one’s ahead.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Still underestimating Lovecraft Country? In what world does this show is behind Bridgerton for Drama Series? Bridgerton: SAG; Lovecraft Country: GG, CC, SAG and WGA. It’s pretty obvious which one’s ahead.

Lovecraft Country got into New Series at WGA but not Drama Series. It got into the Golden Globes but with 0 actors nominated.

Bridgerton got into SAG but with its lead nominated. For a show that aired at Christmas to achieve such a feat over a show that aired in the Summer I’d say that’s quite impressive.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 507 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.