Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 460 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 mins ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
braydenfitzsi..
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Do we know for a fact The Crown is only submitting 1 writer and director. I’d be shocked if they didn’t submit at least Jess Hobbs

6th Place WGA 2021
    12th Place VES 2021
    61st Place BAFTA nominations 2021

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

For writing yeah, it’s always been only Morgan but I’m assuming Hobbs/her team will submit herself.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Topics:

IndieWire Sup Actor predictions

Predicted Nominees:

1. Bradley Whitford, “The Handmaid’s Tale”
    2. Michael Kenneth Williams, “Lovecraft Country”
    3. Tobias Menzies, “The Crown”
    4. John Lithgow, “Perry Mason”
    5. Anthony Ramos, “In Treatment”
    6. John Benjamin Hickey, “In Treatment”
    7. Joseph Fiennes, “The Handmaid’s Tale”
    8. Jonathan Bailey, “Bridgerton”

Contenders:
    Giancarlo Esposito, “The Mandalorian”
    Chris Sullivan, “This Is Us”
    Asia Kate Dillon, “Billions”
    Ryan Jamaal Swain, “Pose”
    Joel Kinnaman, “In Treatment”
    O.T. Fagbenle, “The Handmaid’s Tale”
    Max Minghella, “The Handmaid’s Tale”
    Wes Bentley, “Yellowstone”
    Richard Cabral, “Mayans M.C.”
    Gabriel Bateman, “The Mosquito Coast”

In a Perfect World:
    Scott Mescudi (Kid Cudi), “We Are Who We Are”
    Ken Leung, “Industry”
    Michael Stuhlbarg, “Your Honor”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Do we know for a fact The Crown is only submitting 1 writer and director. I’d be shocked if they didn’t submit at least Jess Hobbs

The writing submission is probably final because Netflix don’t usually submit episodes Morgan has penned with other writers (even when they’re as strong as “Beryl” and “Twysog Cymru”). But it’s worth mentioning last year that Netflix added Jess Hobbs to their FYC later on in the season. So it’s quite possible they’ll do the same again. With <i>The Crown </i>it looks like they might not be finalising their submissions yet.

Michael Stuhlbarg, “Your Honor”

That’s a continuing Drama Series? I thought it was limited lol.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

That’s a continuing Drama Series? I thought it was limited lol.

It is, IndieWire writers are smoking some shit

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Dominique Jackson ready to stomp on the competition. Pose’s creator said this season will dig into Elektra’s history

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

What I noticed from the Pose trailer is that they really stepped it up visually, which is remarkable given the restrictions. Hopefully it finally gets the below-the-line recognition that it deserves.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

Can’t wait for Meloni and McDermot for Law and Order organized crime on the ballot so i can predict them 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Supporting Actor is killing me. I feel like I’m over-predicting every single show there. I’d predict Ryan Jamaal Swain if his role hadn’t become so thankless.

THE CROWN (13) – Series, O’Connor, Colman, Corrin, Menzies, Anderson, Carter, Doherty, Writing, Directing x2, Dance, Foy

THE HANDMAID’S TALE (10) – Series, Moss, Fiennes, Whitford, Bledel, Wiley, Directing, TBA Guest Actor, Grace, TBA Guest Actress

THE MANDALORIAN (8) – Series, Writing x3, Directing x3, Olyphant

LOVECRAFT COUNTRY (7) – Series, Majors, Williams, Ellis, Mosaku, Writing, Vance

THIS IS US (6) – Series, Brown, Sullivan, Dunne, Jones, Rashad

IN TREATMENT (5) – Series, Aduba, Kinnaman, Ramos, Writing

BRIDGERTON (4) – Series, Page, Bailey, Directing

POSE (4) – Series, Porter, Rodriguez, Ross

RATCHED (3) – Paulson, Nixon, Okonedo

PERRY MASON (2) – Rhys, Directing

THE BOYS (1) – Writing

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I’ve noticed 4 of the top 6 in lead actor predictions won’t be back for next years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

THE HANDMAID’S TALE (10) – Series, Moss, Fiennes, Whitford, Bledel, Wiley, Directing, TBA Guest Actor, Grace, TBA Guest Actress

Finally someone who is also predicting Alexis Bledel! I thought I was the only one. I feel like it’s clear that both her and Wiley are the two “preferred” supporting female performers from <i>The Handmaid’s Tale</i>.

I am v very interested behind your thinking of the Fiennes prediction. I’ve been amped to slot him in but he for some reason strikes me as the least likely person in the cast to get nominated (maybe because of his character?) Then again who would have thought Chris Sullivan would make it in two years ago.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Janet Mock and Emma Corrin (as well as Kathryn Hahn and Judith Light) are campaigning hard…

https://www.vfcocktailhourlive.com

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Finally someone who is also predicting Alexis Bledel! I thought I was the only one. I feel like it’s clear that both her and Wiley are the two “preferred” supporting female performers from <i>The Handmaid’s Tale</i>.

I’m also predicting Alexis Bledel, partly because of the 100/1 odds, but also because, if she has the material, why wouldn’t she get nominated? She’s a fan favourite and consistent nominee so she’ll most likely be a nominee whether she ends up in supporting or guest.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Finally someone who is also predicting Alexis Bledel! I thought I was the only one. I feel like it’s clear that both her and Wiley are the two “preferred” supporting female performers from <i>The Handmaid’s Tale</i>.

I am v very interested behind your thinking of the Fiennes prediction. I’ve been amped to slot him in but he for some reason strikes me as the least likely person in the cast to get nominated (maybe because of his character?) Then again who would have thought Chris Sullivan would make it in two years ago.

Right??? I’m surprised she’s still at 100/1 odds, she feels stronger than Dowd or Strahovski. I’ve been waffling on whether or not to add either of the latter two (will have to wait until the season airs), but even if I do, I won’t be removing Bledel for them, unless she moves to guest of course. Then again, I need to be careful, because I severely over-predicted THT last year and don’t want to make the same mistake again lol.

And honestly, I’m just predicting Fiennes because I’m not sure who else to slot in. Him and Sullivan are in my last two spots, but I’m really really skeptical of both of them. My biggest reasoning is that he made it in at SAG for season two, so he’s surprised us with support before? But again, I’m not confident at all. Been considering replacing him with Hickey, but not sure about it just yet.

Supporting Actor just really sucks. If In Treatment misses eligibility, it’s gonna get WEIRD.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Right??? I’m surprised she’s still at 100/1 odds, she feels stronger than Dowd or Strahovski. I’ve been waffling on whether or not to add either of the latter two (will have to wait until the season airs), but even if I do, I won’t be removing Bledel for them, unless she moves to guest of course. Then again, I need to be careful, because I severely over-predicted THT last year and don’t want to make the same mistake again lol. And honestly, I’m just predicting Fiennes because I’m not sure who else to slot in. Him and Sullivan are in my last two spots, but I’m really really skeptical of both of them. My biggest reasoning is that he made it in at SAG for season two, so he’s surprised us with support before? But again, I’m not confident at all. Been considering replacing him with Hickey, but not sure about it just yet. Supporting Actor just really sucks. If In Treatment misses eligibility, it’s gonna get WEIRD.

Exactly. Just like Wiley, Bledel has made it in for each of the seasons and she has a strategic advantage due to her alphabetical placement on the ballot. I am really surprised as to why both Dowd and Strahovski are ahead of Bledel and Wiley in the odds. I have been tempted to predict Dowd because she might have some buzz from Mass but is The Handmaid’s Tale strong enough to get three supporting actresses in when the last time it did that, it was the frontrunner? I don’t know.

I am also finding Supporting Actor difficult. I have Giancarlo Esposito on the basis of the fact he made it in last year and The Mandalorian has more buzz this year but most of the other options seem dismal. I’m sceptical about Rhys so I’m not exactly convinced that either Lithgow or Maslany have a chance and Billions isn’t getting nominated above the line in a billion (pun unintended) years.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 460 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.