Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

They always understand the assignment

Indya1

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m tempted to slot Indya Moore in. I have a feeling that Pose could have a season like The Good Place that doesn’t win anything but it’s a show that is helped by the weakness of the field and the Emmys being familiar with it and so two of the fan favourites make it in won the virtue of being next in line (Rodriguez/Moore and Carden/Jackson Harper).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Seriously ? Homeland winning DGA ? Really ?
    I thought it was between The Mandalorian and Özark

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

If The Mandalorian can’t win DGA against Homeland, I don’t see how it wins the Emmy tbh.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Lesli deserved! Happy that Homeland got this send off. I was underwhelmed by the two favourites.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

To be fair, the series finale of Homeland was great.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not surprising. This race was wide open and Leslie Linka Glatter is a television directing legend. I had her 3rd because I thought that whilst there was a sense of sentimentality towards her work and towards Homeland that Jason Bateman would manage to grab a win like Bill Hader last year when Fleabag was snubbed.

Looks like The Crown is coming for its second Emmy win in directing.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I predicted both The Flight Attendant and Homeland — and placed my 500P bets on them — so I feel great. “Prisoners of War” is an excellent episode.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Why was BCS so high in the predictions… I swear the stans will never learn.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m tempted to slot Indya Moore in. I have a feeling that Pose could have a season like The Good Place that doesn’t win anything but it’s a show that is helped by the weakness of the field and the Emmys being familiar with it and so two of the fan favourites make it in won the virtue of being next in line (Rodriguez/Moore and Carden/Jackson Harper).

It’s also a much important show than The Good Place, my biggest fear is still if the academy will have the balls to nominate trans actors.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Lesli Linka Glatter is still Emmyless? Shame. She should have easily won for the Mad Men episode “Guy Walks Into an Advertising Agency”. One of my favourite episodes of television ever!

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I’m tempted to slot Indya Moore in. I have a feeling that Pose could have a season like The Good Place that doesn’t win anything but it’s a show that is helped by the weakness of the field and the Emmys being familiar with it and so two of the fan favourites make it in won the virtue of being next in line (Rodriguez/Moore and Carden/Jackson Harper).

I thought she was sweep worthy for s1 but not so good in s2… I would still be happy for her nomination but I hope her performance is closer to s1’s this time.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Agreed. I actually prefer Dominique Jackson.

But Indya Moore is more of a breakout from the show and it feels like she plays a bigger fan favourite (a bit like William Jackson Harper although I vastly preferred him to Manny Jacinto).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Our forces are behind MJ Rodriguez right now
    She needs to be the first, and i have her in my predictions.

Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I would be happy with all actors from Pose being nominated, they could even bring Candy back for a guest nom.
    But i know it’s a long way to come until that happens so

MJ Rodriguez please open the door.
    And if we are lucky Hunter Schafler is gonna be nominated at the Limited side.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.