Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Got Lesli Linka Glatter! What a guild/Emmys statistical anomaly. As for predicting her, the only other nominee that fit the mould of past DGA drama winners was Bridgerton (pilot, female director helps) and that was not happening.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Crown was never getting nominated at DGA. The guild has a strong bias against foreign shows. They snubbed Unorthodox for that reason and that won the Emmy and at least was more American than The Crown was (part of it was set in Williamsburg and its creator is American). They also snubbed Fleabag.

Unless they submit 4 episodes (it looks like they’re only submitting Benjamin Caron although I’d really be surprised if they didn’t submit Jessica Hobbs again later in the season after they submitted her last year and she got nominated) I think directing is safely The Crown‘s to lose. More specifically Benjamin Caron’s to lose for his work on “Fairytale”.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The Crown is winning directing easily. Mandalorian not winning this pretty much seals the deal.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Congratulations Luca and Riley for making the top 5 for DGA and Eden for making the top 10!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

What happens to The Flight Attendant if it’s forced to stay in Drama? Does it get a Series nom? Maybe even a Directing nom? Actress nom? I’m curious to hear y’all thoughts.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Agreed. I actually prefer Dominique Jackson.

But Indya Moore is more of a breakout from the show and it feels like she plays a bigger fan favourite (a bit like William Jackson Harper although I vastly preferred him to Manny Jacinto).

I kinda feel like both Moore and Jackson could theoretically happen. Moore for all the aforementioned reasons.

I’d argue Elektra is just as much of a fan favourite as Angel (or at least more known to non-watchers). We’ve seen m her growth as a performer (the drastic glow up in her acting from S1-to-S2), Elektra’s country club table read from 2×09 being a ever present recurring meme for the past two years, There was even a viral tweet last month about how she should stay booked and busy after Pose ends. Not sure if anyone here is a big Marvel-head but stans have pushed a fancast of her as Storm so much this past it’s now ventured into Krasinski/Blunt territories.

Not predicting Jackson right now but she’s definitely in the top 16 for me and if Pose delivers I don’t see why she couldn’t be nominated

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

What happens to The Flight Attendant if it’s forced to stay in Drama? Does it get a Series nom? Maybe even a Directing nom? Actress nom? I’m curious to hear y’all thoughts.

Honestly, I think all the same nominations as in Comedy. Series, Cuoco, Mamet, Directing. It’s vulnerable to being snubbed in comedy writing because of an acclaimed but underseen passion pick (like Dickinson or Search Party), while there don’t seem to be as many of those in drama, so it could even have a better chance of a nod there. Won’t win any of them, though.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’d have it third (potentially even second) in Actress, in my top 5 for Series and in directing.

Supporting nominations would be a bit sketchier. A drama placement would probably play more towards Zosia Mamet and T.R. Knight’s favour consider they give the more eye catching and meatier dramatic performances. Nominations for Rosie Perez and Michiel Huisman in a drama field would be a bit unconventional although we did see Fiona Shaw get nominated for Killing Eve season 2 for essentially throwing caustic remarks so it wouldn’t be implausible.

I guess it could end up having a similar acting haul to The Morning Show last year although if it switches to drama I will probably predict Cuoco, Mamet and maybe the two supporting men (Drama Supporting Actor ironically feels more open than Comedy).

It’s vulnerable to being snubbed in comedy writing because of an acclaimed but underseen passion pick (like Dickinson or Search Party

I personally don’t see how it gets into Writing either way. I hold the unpopular opinion here that it would actually be a deserving writing nominee for “In Case of Emergency” but the writers branch are snobbish. In spite of having Tina Fey’s name over it they never bothered touching Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and they dropped The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel of all shows.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if The Flight Attendant got a writing nomination with them.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Yeah, I agree. I’m not currently predicting it in writing. It’d be nice to see it get in, but it seems to be that type of higher-energy glossy soap that the writers skirt around. The snubs for Dead to Me feel like a warning sign (and TFA couldn’t even get the nominations/wins that Dead to Me also got at WGA).

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Which episodes have the greatest chance for Mando in directing and writing?

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The first three will likely be nominated for directing, with the other two as a possibility

• “Chapter 9: The Marshal” (Jon Favreau)
    • “Chapter 13: The Jedi” (Dave Filoni)
    • “Chapter 11: The Heiress” (Bryce Dallas Howard)
    • “Chapter 15: The Believer” (Rick Famuyiwa)
    • “Chapter 16: The Rescue” (Peyton Reed)”

As for writing, they can only submit three upsides, Jedi & Believer are near guarantees since they the only ones that Filoni 8 Famuyiwa have, not sure which one Favreau would go for, likely either the premiere or the finale.

• “Chapter 13: The Jedi” (Dave Filoni)
    • “Chapter 16: The Rescue” (Jon Favreau)
    • “Chapter 15: The Believer” (Rick Famuyiwa)

Since writing is oddly weak this year. Mandalorian shouldn’t have any trouble getting all three nominated.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

How do all of you think about O.T. Fagbenle’s chance to get in Supporting Actor category? Hulu seems to push him more than it’s ever done before.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

How do all of you think about O.T. Fagbenle’s chance to get in Supporting Actor category?

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

How do all of you think about O.T. Fagbenle’s chance to get in Supporting Actor category? Hulu seems to push him more than it’s ever done before.

Isn’t he Guest this time around?

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

O.T will be a major character in the Black Widow movie, so a nomination wouldn’t be out of nowhere and I’m skeptical about Chris Sullivan returning and about the In Treatment guys.

I’m actually considering Lin Manuel Miranda for His Dark Materials. The show isn’t popular on USA, but I have a feeling he will be nominated for Hamilton so he could coattail his performance as Lee Scoresby.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.