Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Pose already getting viral tweets https://twitter.com/j_ubiquity/status/1380912578931658762

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

Series winning seasons airing this century that took at least 4/5 of Globe/Wga/Dga/Sag/Pga:
    Lost (2005)
    Handmaid S1

Mad Men S2
    Mad Men S3

Breaking Bad 5B
    Crown fits in with this as a show that took years to claim the gold but took things left and right when it finally arose.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

How do all of you think about O.T. Fagbenle’s chance to get in Supporting Actor category?

He really should have gotten into guest last year.

Isn’t he Guest this time around?

Definitely not!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

He really should have gotten into guest last year.

He should have won!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Don’t know if anyone else posted about this but The Morning Show will apparently be released this summer. They’re shooting “double units” whatever that means, according to Deuxmoi.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

They’re shooting “double units” whatever that means, according to Deuxmoi.

If I’m correct, this means that they’ve got two teams filming different episodes/scenes at the same time in different locations. Usually it’s used for pickup shots and action scenes that don’t need the main actors, but in an ensemble-based show like The Morning Show, it probably means that they’ve got Jennifer Aniston in one place and Billy Crudup in another, and they’re both filming their separate scenes on the same day.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Sounds similar to Apple’s Oprah specials where the film those just not in the same room

https://youtu.be/51uk5SFF5s8

Apple1

Essentially this but with a budget

Wife1

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Yuh-Jung Youn will be in Apple’s Pachinko.

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

“In Treatment” premieres Sunday, May 23rd. Back-to-back half-hour episodes on Sundays and Mondays for six weeks. There is definitely a chance for this show to break through at the end of the race with major buzz, if people can keep up with four episodes a week, and the performances look strong in the trailer. Might have to wait for the season to premiere before figuring out which supporting actors could possibly make a dent, but there’s certainly space in this year’s field. I’m thinking especially about Anthony Ramos, who will have this show and “In the Heights” simultaneously in June as Emmy nomination voting gets rolling.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

“In Treatment” premieres Sunday, May 23rd. Back-to-back half-hour episodes on Sundays and Mondays for six weeks. There is definitely a chance for this show to break through at the end of the race with major buzz, if people can keep up with four episodes a week, and the performances look strong in the trailer. Might have to wait for the season to premiere before figuring out which supporting actors could possibly make a dent, but there’s certainly space in this year’s field. I’m thinking especially about Anthony Ramos, who will have this show and “In the Heights” simultaneously in June as Emmy nomination voting gets rolling.

Is it certain that In Treatment will be eligible for this year yet? Can’t HBO prefer to make the series eligible next year, as Showtime did with Black Monday (which will also return in May)?

Profile picture
    TAF
    Topics:

But with 24 episodes it would be ineligible, isn’t it?

Profile picture
    rafaeltxeira
    Topics:

In Treatment will only premiere 8 episodes in May of a 24-episode season, so it will certainly be eligible for the 2022 Emmys, not this year. Unless the season is split in two parts, 12 episodes each.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Sounds like it won’t be eligible for this year, tbh.

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

For the hanging episodes rule they would need to air 12 episodes in the elegibility period, right?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

In Treatment is airing 4 half hour episodes a week (two on Sunday and two on Monday) and the hanging eligibility cut off point is June 17th. That would mean it would have aired 16 eligible episodes with 8 of those left “hanging”.

It should be fine for this year’s eligibility.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.