Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

At least The Crown won’t stand alone as a frontrunner. We need a little bit of drama in this category, especially in that Supporting Actor category (Menzies’ cameo hopefully won’t get that award).

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

I’m not sure of the exact interpretation of the rules, but I find it hard to believe HBO would schedule this return for the earliest possible consideration into NEXT year’s race, especially when the field is noticeably less competitive this year. I know the “Mare of Easttown”/“The Nevers” combo on Sundays prevented anything sooner than a May 23rd premiere, but surely they did their homework on eligibility unless they truly are holding onto it for next year, which I find hard to believe given the state of this year’s race and still airing in the middle of the year, not even relatively near the peak of the winter awards season (at that point, why not wait until the fall?).

Profile picture
    rafaeltxeira
    Topics:

In Treatment is airing 4 half hour episodes a week (two on Sunday and two on Monday) and the hanging eligibility cut off point is June 17th. That would mean it would have aired 16 eligible episodes with 8 of those left “hanging”.

I think for that to happen (the hanging episodes rule), half the season needs to premiere before June 1st, and only one third will. For example: Handmaid’s season 2, 7/13 aired before June 1st, so the hanging episodes rule worked there, with 3 episodes airing in June before the cut off. Had it premiered one week later, the entire season would have been eligible in 2019.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Even if it’s eligible, this premiere date isn’t optimal. Voters won’t watch 24 episodes of that show in a month. So even if the guest stars or supporting characters of later episodes are better than who appeared earlier on the show, I won’t predict them as the chances of voters seeing their episodes will be low, imo.

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

This is regardless of whether it will be eligible or not but in the trailer In Treatment seemed to force itself a lot to be “relevant”.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I think for that to happen (the hanging episodes rule), half the season needs to premiere before June 1st, and only one third will. For example: Handmaid’s season 2, 7/13 aired before June 1st, so the hanging episodes rule worked there, with 3 episodes airing in June before the cut off. Had it premiered one week later, the entire season would have been eligible in 2019.

I think that so too. So it’s probably ineligible.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Just got some interesting info for the Euphoria specials. They are eligible for directing, writing and crafts in the drama categories (no acting or series). This is similar to what happened to Handmaid’s Tale. I will remove it from the movie/limited categories.

Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

HBO also confirms that In Treatment is eligible for this year’s Emmys (despite such a late release in May).

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I wonder why this rule “exists”:

Once a show is established as a series, if additional shortened seasons are added (fewer than six episodes), it would still be considered a series, unless it was limited to one or two episodes (which would categorize it as a movie and a limited or anthology series respectively).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just got some interesting info for the Euphoria specials. They are eligible for directing, writing and crafts in the drama categories (no acting or series). This is similar to what happened to Handmaid’s Tale. I will remove it from the movie/limited categories.

A sigh of relief to my Limited/Movie Actress predictions.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Alberto Pena
    Topics:

Question re: In Treatment. As someone who never watched the first three seasons, is season four something I’ll be able to jump into with no prior knowledge of the series? (It may be too early to definitively answer this question since it hasn’t aired yet, but thought I’d pose the question nonetheless)

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

A sigh of relief to my Limited/Movie Actress predictions.

I don’t think she was ever happening, no one particularly found her performance undeniable and there was already a strong internal competition between HBO contenders (Coel, Winslet, Kidman).

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Question re: In Treatment. As someone who never watched the first three seasons, is season four something I’ll be able to jump into with no prior knowledge of the series? (It may be too early to definitively answer this question since it hasn’t aired yet, but thought I’d pose the question nonetheless)

They will only make nods for the first seasons, little references here and there, maybe a cameo
    You should be fine

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

based off what the trailers reveals, I think you’ll be okay. But I wholeheartedly recommend you watch the first three seasons (especially the first season) if you have the time.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t think she was ever happening, no one particularly found her performance undeniable

The thing is if she was going to be on the ballot (as we originally thought), I don’t think that Emmy voters would have looked at her name and thought “oh this is Zendaya in a pandemic filmed special episode of Euphoria“. They’d in all likelihood look at her name (which would be the first one on the ballot for half of voters) and think to themselves “oh this is an incumbent Emmy winner back with her Emmy winning performance”, let me go check her off.

I mean it wasn’t as if Tituss Burgess gave his career best performance in the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt interactive movie.

there was already a strong internal competition between HBO contenders (Coel, Winslet, Kidman).

Well the same argument was levelled towards her last year and she ending up beating one of the names you listed to an Emmy nomination.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.