Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

I highly doubt that The Falcon and the Winter Soldier can make an impact above the line. WandaVision has the advantage of attracting industry people and a wider audience in general, while this one is attracting only Marvel fans. I usually enjoy the Marvel movies, but this one is a bore for me. I just caught up with the the show this week only because of that cameo (which I wouldn’t consider it a guest nomination lock).

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

To be honest, if anyone deserved to be nominated as Guest Actor for TFATWS, it should be Carl Lumbly. His two scenes with Sam are fantastic.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

It could theoretically pull a Stranger Things/The Mandalorian and get nominated for the techs, series and nothing else.

Both were more acclaimed and bigger pop culture events tho. I’m aware it’s apparently their biggest first season ever but I echo what Eden just wrote, I don’t know much people who truly appreciate it, which differentiates it from ST and TM.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

I could see this being #8 if In Treatment flops.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Given the supporting field, probably. He actually is a fan favourite of the show #ZemoCut

F*ck, he’s so gonna be nominated isn’t he? Just based on the meme-ability, it’s Barb from Stranger Things all over again.

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

F*ck, he’s so gonna be nominated isn’t he? Just based on the meme-ability, it’s Barb from Stranger Things all over again.

There’s a big difference here, Daniel Bruhl definitely has a lot more screentime and material than Barb in Stranger Things.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Barb is a nothing character
    Zemo was crucial and Daniel did a marvelous job

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Am I the only one who thinks Wyatt Russell has a much better chance than Brühl? Yes, Brühl is the meme from the show, but he’s honestly giving a very one-note performance, fun but honestly kind of bland. Russell has a much more complex character and actually has a performance with some depth.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Bruhl is the more respected performer though.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

That is true.

Honestly, I’ll probably predict TFATWS in Series. I have both In Treatment and This Is Us in at the moment, but I’m not sure yet which I’ll be taking out yet. Sure, it’s no WandaVision, but it’s getting plenty of good responses, especially for its conversations about race and American identity, and it’s topping pretty much every other drama contender except The Crown and Bridgerton in terms of hype, which wouldn’t be a deciding factor in most years but will help it a lot in a year like this.

I’m throwing it in for Series, Louis-Dreyfus, and Lumbly, and will probably replace Kinnaman and Sullivan with Brühl and Russell as well.

(If Lumbly appears in the finale, which he may very well do, he’ll be forced into supporting, and I’ll likely predict Cheadle. The Emmys probably like him enough to check him off.)

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

I wonder if they would nominate The Boys and The Falcon and The Winter Soldier or just one.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC: Ted Lasso

Straight/BLM

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jurneesmollett/status/1384241651485319170

Jurnee Smollett has been doing a lot of press for Lovecraft. I’ve been skeptical of Lovecraft Country’s performers (except for MKW), but I think she has a better chance than Majors.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

I just read a tweet saying “the mads mikkelsenification of daniel bruhl” and I don’t know what to make of that bc it kinda makes sense.

Anyways, the smart move to Drama benefits both FATWS and Wandavision in Limited Series. I might be slotting Bruhl in Supporting, JLD and Lumbly in Guest.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Am I the only one who thinks Wyatt Russell has a much better chance than Brühl? Yes, Brühl is the meme from the show, but he’s honestly giving a very one-note performance, fun but honestly kind of bland. Russell has a much more complex character and actually has a performance with some depth.

I haven’t started the show yet but I haven’t seen anyone talk about Russell in contrary to Bruhl.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

The problem with Russell is that most Marvel fans and casual viewers hates his character to the point where he is getting some death threats.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.