Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I feel confident in saying The Falcon and the Winter Soldier is certainly not getting into Writing, Drama Actor and Drama S. Actress. The writers branch are incredibly snobbish when they come to their choices and there is no novelty with a buddy cop drama like this, neither Stan or Mackie are respected enough to break through and the same can arguably be said of VanCamp (plus her category is too competitive). At the moment I’m only predicting two guest noms and a directing nom when it comes to categories outside of tech.

Julia Dreyfous and ??

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Why bother campaigning for Mandalorian tho? It will get nominated everywhere regardless and it’s not winning this year. They could always try to get more nods for shows.

Huh?! I thought Mando might be able to win aSupporting actress.

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

Shadow and bone’s embargo lifts today

Profile picture
    Gaceru
    Topics:

I watched Shadow and Bone in press screeners. It’s SO good. Maybe if it becames a hit can get a series nomination.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Yeah the reviews seem to say it’s good

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

A GOOD fantasy show on Netflix ?! Now, this is new.

I was so disappointed with The Witcher.

Profile picture
    rosieangel
    Topics:

Wonder if Kate Winslet will be a big presence for Mare of Easttown? I watched the first episode the other day and loved it, plus it’s getting amazing reviews. Interestingly it reunites her with her Mildred Pierce co-star Guy Pearce, and for which she won her Emmy for.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Wonder if Kate Winslet will be a big presence for Mare of Easttown? I watched the first episode the other day and loved it, plus it’s getting amazing reviews. Interestingly it reunites her with her Mildred Pierce co-star Guy Pearce, and for which she won her Emmy for.

She will be in the limited series category.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

This category is going to SO genre this year.

I think we’re looking at a pretty solid lineup of Bridgerton, The Crown, The Handmaid’s Tale, Lovecraft Country, The Mandalorian, and Pose. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Shadow and Bone, and This Is Us are fighting for those last two spots.

How likely do we think This Is Us really is to return? I still have a huge soft spot for that show and was disappointed to see it snubbed last year after a great fourth season, and I don’t want to get my hopes up, but it still feels like it has a chance. What do you guys think?

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Gaceru
    Topics:

I think we’re looking at a pretty solid lineup of Bridgerton, The Crown, The Handmaid’s Tale, Lovecraft Country, The Mandalorian, and Pose. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Shadow and Bone, and This Is Us are fighting for those last two spots.

Don’t forget The Boys.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Seeing them all lined up like that and damn, it really is genre heavy. The Crown, Pose & This Is Us are really the only non-genre pieces.

Even more traditional voter fare like Bridgerton and THT are in genres that wouldn’t normally get a look in (Romance and Dystopian).

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

How likely do we think This Is Us really is to return? I still have a huge soft spot for that show and was disappointed to see it snubbed last year after a great fourth season, and I don’t want to get my hopes up, but it still feels like it has a chance. What do you guys think?

I’m also a fan of the show and thought s4 was one of the best, however I feel like no one really appreciates s5 (I haven’t watched much episodes yet) and a lot of storylines are apparently just not moving on (which could be due to covid impacting their plans and them deciding to keep the juicy stuff for the final season). That’s why I’m not predicting it and think shows like The Boys, In Treatment and now possibly Falcon entering the race could be ahead.

However, I don’t necessarily think the performers’ chances are linked to the show itself and some like Ventimiglia could return even if the series does not (kinda like Tracee Ellis Ross). Sadly I’m not high on Mandy Moore tho. I would appreciate if she does end up getting nominated but I will not predict it to happen at this point.

Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

Torn between In Treatment and <i>The Falcon and the Winter Soldier </i>for the last spot in my predictions.

I’m going with The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I honestly think that voters don’t want to watch shows explicitly about COVID. (I remember people predicting Mythic Quest for a writing nom last year but it got nothing even with that Barry Jenkins endorsement)

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Shadow and Bone is receiving good reviews. If it ends up as an audience hit, it might be a contender.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I’m going with The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. I honestly think that voters don’t want to watch shows explicitly about COVID. (I remember people predicting Mythic Quest for a writing nom last year but it got nothing even with that Barry Jenkins endorsement)

I think that The Boys more chance have than TFATWS

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.