Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Shadow and Bone is receiving good reviews. If it ends up as an audience hit, it might be a contender.

The book series has many fans and it’s a fantasy series of course this will be an audience hit.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Lol i don’t know what to do with the last spots
    I’m not buying a This is Us return even tho it’s my favorite season so far, In Treatment seems way too big (in eps) for break through, i think it’s gonna be The Boys and i don’t know, maybe Disney will go all in with their campaign for the Emmys and break through with TFATWS.

Right now i have Perry Mason because the show did well in creative guilds and tech support could give it a series nod.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series, THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES.
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://ew.com/tv/bridgerton-nicola-coughlan-kim-kardashian-corset-connection/

Yeah, Nicola Coughlan is definitely getting nominated. At least I’ll have my 100/1.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Huh?! I thought Mando might be able to win aSupporting actress.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Netflix really wants to make its own Game of Thrones with Shadow and Bone, huh. I wish it’s not going to flop in its second season.

Profile picture
    TVLUVAH
    Topics:

The Boys is not gettin in Drama series or any of the acting categories, trust me….. It’s best shot is in the craft areas….

My current predix for Drama Series:
    1.The Crown
    2. The Handmaids Tale
    3. The Mandalorian
    4. Bridgerton
    5. Lovecraft Country
    6. This is Us
    7. Perry Mason
    8. Falon & the Winter Soldier

~ Trying to break in:
    9. Pose
    10. For All Mankind
    11. In Treatment
    12. The Mosquito Coast

~ Sill waiting to hear on when “Good Fight” will actually land because it has a chance to break through finally if it hits the deadline.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Boys is not gettin in Drama series or any of the acting categories

If The Boys surprises in the international category at BAFTA next week, it’s definitely getting nominated for something above the line.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    David Buchanan
    Topics:

~ Sill waiting to hear on when “Good Fight” will actually land because it has a chance to break through finally if it hits the deadline.

There’s little to no chance of Good Fight making it in time, I think. Last week, Robert King shared that they’ve completed shooting 5 of the 10 episodes, so I’d suspect they’re not even half way through the season with post-production – a shame.

Formerly known as PianoMann.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

For those who have watched Bridgerton, who’s better, Andoh or Coughlan? Who’s the bigger fan favorite/more popular character?

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

For those who have watched Bridgerton, who’s better, Andoh or Coughlan? Who’s the bigger fan favorite/more popular character?

Coughlan appears to be the bigger fan favourite but Andoh has a very sympathetic role and has garnered a fair share of buzz and acclaim for her performance (something I’ve noticed mainly from critics).

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Hmm okay interesting. Honestly, it’s a testament to how much TV has changed that in almost every category, the female category is much more competitive than its male counterpart.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Emmy chances? I think both could get in, Coughlan is way more fan favorite tho.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" as Leading Actor in a Drama Series
    Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird" as Leading Actor in a Limited Series, THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES.
    Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" as Leading and Supporting actress in Limited Series
    Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" as Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
    MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" as Leading Actress in a Drama Series.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Coughlan‘s character is more important for the story but Andoh shares a lot of scenes with Page, so depending on how high you think he is, I guess she could “coattail” him.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I used to get upset about the Emmys not recognizing genre shows as much as they should. Now that we have the possibility of The Falcon and The Whatever breaking into Series, I kind of want them to bring the bias against genre shows back.

FYC Emmys: Zosia Mamet for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series, Wunmi Mosaku for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series, It's a Sin for every possible category: Limited Series, Writing, Directing, Actor (Olly Alexander), Supp. Actor (Callum Scott-Howells) and Supp. Actress (Keeley Hawes and Lydia West).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Andoh shares a lot of scenes with Page, so depending on how high you think he is, I guess she could “coattail” him.

Also indirectly helps her that she’ll be directly below Gillian Anderson alphabetically on the ballot.

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.