Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Interesting to note also that 5 time Emmy winner and 2 time BAFTA nominee Nina Gold is not listed in the show’s casting submission. The Crown‘s other casting director, Robert Sterne, is submitted solely instead.

Nina Gold did not work on this season of The Crown.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

Why Doherty and not… Marion Bailey? By the way, I don’t know any fan who loves Doherty’s character the way everybody loves Greg The Egg. Even Braun had more things to do than her. She also didn’t have a culmination scene like Braun did in “So it is. So it be” scene (you could make a case for her picnic with The Queen, but the nuance is so different because I personally don’t root for her the way I root for Braun’s character and she’s not there to root for, she’s there to complain).

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

To continue the Succession analogy, is Marion Bailey like Peter Friedman as Frank Vernon? They are always there, but I have never heard any fandom around their characters or performances.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

I bloody adore Erin Doherty in this role so there’s your one fan. I’d honestly vote for her before I would Bonham Carter and certainly Anderson. Without trying to sound shady at all, for me it’s often about how good the performance is rather than the material and Doherty exemplifies that in this role.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

To continue the Succession analogy, is Marion Bailey like Peter Friedman as Frank Vernon? They are always there, but I have never heard any fandom around their characters or performances.

Frank as a character is definitely well-liked though (he provides moments of humour throughout), whereas Bailey is playing someone most people dislike.

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Doherty’s performance is actually good and is mentioned in reviews and articles. Her potential nomination wouldn’t be almost solely linked to/because of her character, like Braun, so I just disagree with that comparison.

She’s more of an Alfie Allen honestly, with Gillian and HBC being the Dinklage and NCW pair. It’s not an exactly perfect comparison but it gets the job done.

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Why Doherty and not… Marion Bailey? By the way, I don’t know any fan who loves Doherty’s character the way everybody loves Greg The Egg. Even Braun had more things to do than her. She also didn’t have a culmination scene like Braun did in “So it is. So it be” scene (you could make a case for her picnic with The Queen, but the nuance is so different because I personally don’t root for her the way I root for Braun’s character and she’s not there to root for, she’s there to complain).

That sounds like a you problem. Anne is by far one of the most well liked characters. I remember doing a favourite character poll on the Crown subreddit after S4 first came out, and out of a total of around 600 votes, Anne was second only to Diana.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    Paola Andrade
    Topics:

I wish Appletv+ was putting their weight behind For All Mankind. I feel if more people watched the show it would easily be in the conversation. Anybody else a fan?

And although they don’t have a chance, I think if The umbrella academy and the last season of Agents of shield were in the prediction center, they would be in the top 15. It’s a shame that they are not because Goldderby might not hold much weigth at the end of the day with voters, but the shows appearing as an option is a starting point to create buzz…

One question: Is Dark ineligible because it’s an international production? I don’t know how it works with Netflix property. Or is it somehow eligible and just being overlooked?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I assume not enough of Dark is in English for it to be eligible but then again Lupin is eligible.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I wish Appletv+ was putting their weight behind For All Mankind. I feel if more people watched the show it would easily be in the conversation.

I don’t watch it but I agree that I’ve noticed more and more people watching it and talking about it over the past few months. Maybe it’s one of those dark horses we aren’t talking about enough.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Dark was eligible for the International Emmy Awards, just like Money Heist. Netflix never submitted it for some reason.

At the Primetime, I think it would’ve got Sound Editing (it got in MPSE) and Music Composition, because Ben Frost’s work was insanely good.

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

Do we have any news about ”In Treatment”?

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Do we have any news about ”In Treatment”?

i’ve been wondering this too! We haven’t heard anything in months and it’s meant to be airing in May.

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I should probably say I’m taking In Treatment out of my predictions so HBO sets a premiere date like Netflix did with Kominsky.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The Nevers should end May 16 so I’m guessing In treatment premieres may 23

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.