Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 504 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
hopelesstar
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Gaceru
    Topics:

Someone knows if In Treatment will have a daily (like the previous seasons) or a weekly release?

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Also if it’s anything like it’s previous seasons there’ll be a tonne of episodes so they’d need to get it out quick.

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Someone knows if In Treatment will have a daily (like the previous seasons) or a weekly release?

I know that there will be three patients so we will probably have three new episodes each week.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Riley has moved Elisabeth Moss and The Handmaid’s Tale down in his predictions.

At least some of this has nothing to do with the quality of the upcoming season. I remembered that they snubbed the show in a variety of categories for the first time last year and they nominated Samira Wiley over her co-stars. Neither of these suggest that they actually watched last season and they are less likely to watch this season. So even if this is a great season, it might be too late. We do see things sliding at the Emmys and sometimes when something has a resurgent season against weaker competition, we assume that it can regain ground, but it instead just keeps sliding. If a tree falls…

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

We do see things sliding at the Emmys and sometimes when something has a resurgent season against weaker competition, we assume that it can regain ground, but it instead just keeps sliding. If a tree falls…

American Horror Story, Mr. Robot, Orange is the New Black

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

It’s not a period set piece so it doesn’t have the feel good escapism that Maisel has and it’s not an exploration of historical events that are in recent memory. Instead it’s a piece of political dystopic fiction. It also doesn’t feel as big a priority for Disney/Hulu as either The Crown and Maisel are for Netflix and Amazon. It might be in a situation where it needs a Good Wife s5 type of season that is the top of public and critical conversation to rebound.

That’s something I was thinking about. I do not watch the show, but the impression I have as an outsider is that it’s a very depressing and tough show to watch. I have a feeling this will turn away some voters who still watch the show, especially after everything that happened in 2020 with the pandemic. Instead, they will support escapist shows like Bridgerton and Lovecraft Country.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Gillian Anderson coming for her 2nd Emmy (that she should have already won for The FallHannibalSex EducationGreat ExpectationsBleak HouseAmerican Gods)

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I think Rege-Jean Page is definitely out of considertion for the win now that he couldn’t win in the populist awards show.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way whomever plays Tony Blair in the next season of The Crown is now going to sweep.

I love Anderson and Lithgow and their performances were excellent (although they’ve delivered better performances before) but it makes me cringe considering the people they’re winning awards for playing lol.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

First the makeup guild and now SAG.  The Crown is starting to look vulnerable at the Emmys!  Not really of course, but maybe we can be a bit more hesitant in our theories (and I mean including mine) about it breaking the sweep record.

Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

The Crown is starting to look vulnerable at the Emmys! 

I’m going to watch out for Pose‘s dominance.

It won’t be surprising actually if he wins his second at the Emmy this year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think The Crown will struggle at the creative arts (the irony considering it’s usual challenger The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is ineligible) as it’s up against <i>The Queen’s Gambit </i>in most categories.

But I do think it’s looking very good above the line.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

I’m going to watch out for Pose‘s dominance.

It won’t be surprising actually if he wins his second at the Emmy this year.

Would Porter be the only double lead Emmy winner without any SAG nom in their entire run?

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Billy Porter doesn’t strike me as the type of person who can win twice. He couldn’t sweep the winter awards after he won the Emmy and if Julia Louis-Dreyfus couldn’t win over Phoebe Waller-Bridge even though she had a bigger narrative than Porter will probably have for his final season, I don’t see him winning this year.

Honestly I think O’Connor will probably take it. He’s by no means a lock for the win (or at least in the same way <i>The Crown </i>is for series or Gillian Anderson is for supporting actress). However we’ve seen the Emmy rewards the “faces” of Drama Series frontrunners more and more since the switch to the plurality vote and this season of The Crown has three faces (Emma, Gillian and Josh). It helps that between this and Emma and his two new films this year he seems to be having a strange “moment”.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.