Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 359 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
17 mins ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
hopelesstar
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Continue in Part 6.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The Handmaid’s Tale s4 is currently at 60% on RT. 

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

When will Pose reviews start coming in?

Tuesday at 9 Pacific.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ENGLAND
    Topics:

I’d nominate Raised by Wolves for Drama Series, Directing, Writing, Leas Actor, Lead Actress, and Supporting Actor (and tech awards).

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I’m not counting The Handmaid’s Tale out on the basis of some middling reviews. Game of Thrones got four nominees in on Supporting Actress in a critically panned final season, and Killing Eve did alright last year. This is the show that got Kelly Jenrette a guest nom, and the field’s not nearly as competitive this year either.

FYC:
    Emmy: Ego Nwodim ("SNL"), Nico Santos ("Superstore"), Lolly Adefope ("Shrill"), MJ Rodriguez ("Pose")
    BAFTA: Leila Farzad ("I Hate Suzie")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Game of Thrones got four nominees in on Supporting Actress in a critically panned final season,

But The Handmaid’s Tale is no Game of Thrones..

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

But The Handmaid’s Tale is no Game of Thrones..

true, handmaid has had multiple actors win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sériextou
    Topics:

If Phobe Dyvenor doing an okay performance, take the place of Elizabeth Moss, with one of the best performances on television, something very wrong is happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

If Phobe Dyvenor doing an okay performance, take the place of Elizabeth Moss, with one of the best performances on television, something very wrong is happening.

something was already wrong when she missed a nomination last year tbh

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Taking the advantage of a new thread to call on the lurking Emmy voters on here! Watch I Hate Suzie and vote for Billie Piper for Lead Actress in a Drama Series!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melvinezq
    Topics:

something was already wrong when she missed a nomination last year tbh

The way they let both Killing Eve‘s lead was… quite fascinating. I love that when they shocked us with snubs. I wonder what would be the biggest snub this year’s Emmy. Perhaps, Bridgerton (total snub)?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

true, handmaid has had multiple actors win.

And not multiple series wins..

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

And not multiple series wins..

And also literally last year lost the one acting category where it had three prior consecutive wins.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I wonder what would be the biggest snub this year’s Emmy.

I still think this could be Rege-Jean Page. Bridgerton is easily in Drama Series and will have a strong showing in techs, but I have to wonder if Page won’t end up being a traditional case of a populist nominee at SAG that doesn’t end up getting nominated at the Emmys. I already think frontrunner O’Connor and past nominees Brown and Porter are ahead of him (on the basis that Porter won’t be dropped for his final season and that Brown has been a perenial nominee at this point that even shows up at SAG every year), which would make him at best #4 right now (I don’t get the Rhys top 3 placement but that’s another topic). He seems in but potentially fragile, imo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

but I have to wonder if Page won’t end up being a traditional case of a populist nominee at SAG that doesn’t end up getting nominated at the Emmys.

The difference between Page and someone like John Krasinski or Patrick J. Adams is that his show was also nominated for ensemble.

It wouldn’t shock me if Bridgerton ended up only getting two acting nominations but it would shock me if Page missed.

In fact I think Page will be this year’s acting double nominee in one of the above the line categories and the guest ones. I am predicting him for a nomination for Saturday Night Live.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 359 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.