Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    ReddWhite
    Topics:

That woman in that British show that no one has even seen

The way this can be referring to like, 4 people, lol.

Emmys FYC: Ruth Wilson (His Dark Materials); Moses Ingram, Isla Johnston and Harry Melling (The Queen's Gambit); Enid Graham and Cailee Spaeny (Mare of Easttown)

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

And Schitt’s Creek a year prior (Fleabag was also not that predicted to happen in Series). So yeah we can have surprises depending on what they discovered or not.

Fleabag was only predicted to take writing in a comedy series & supporting actress in a comedy series. It was third on GoldDerby for comedy series & comedy actress.

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I have to say: Invincible is better than all the genre popcorn shows in contention (The Boys, F&WS, Lovecraft Country, The Mandalorian, etc). JK Simmons voice work is better than most of the Supporting Actors in the predictions center. Steven Yeun and Sandra Oh are terrific too. I don’t trust the Voice Over category to recognize them because they will probably just nominate Seth McFarlane again.

The Frontrunner for 2022 Voice-over performance is Chadwick Boseman

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Also, are animated shows eligible in Series ?

They can submit to Writing but Series. A animated show can submit to either Drama or Comedy if they want but they won’t be allowed to submit for Animated. The Simpsons submitted to Comedy Series in 1993 & 94 but wasn’t nominated, when Family Guy was showrunned (show ran?) by Seth McFarlene, he choose to submit to Comedy Series. Resulting in one Comedy Series nomination in 2009.

JK Simmons voice work is better than most of the Supporting Actors in the predictions center. Steven Yeun and Sandra Oh are terrific too.

Hoping Yeun rides his Minari hype to a nom for Invincible, worked out for Waititi last year.

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The way this can be referring to like, 4 people, lol.

It’s Billie Piper

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

If Angelica Ross turns out to be guest eligible and everything goes well, Pose could end up having three guest actress contenders with Noma Dumezweni & Jackée Harry also in the mix!

FYC: "The Crown", "Ted Lasso", "Pen15" & "Pose" in all categories.
    Emma Corrin ("The Crown"), Maya Erskine ("Pen15"), John Early ("Search Party"), America Ferrera ("Superstore"), Justin Hartley ("This Is Us"), Ben Platt ("The Politician") & Jennifer C. Holmes ("This Is Us")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Will happen: Emma Corrin, Olivia Colman, Uzo Aduba
    Could Happen: Elisabeth Moss, Phoebe Dynevor, MJ Rodriguez, Jurnee Smollett, Sarah Paulson
    Long shot/dark horse: Billie Piper, Mandy Moore
    I wish but it’s not happening: Amanda Collin

All others will be surprise nominations for me, if it happens

Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I have a feeling that Tobias Menzies will be snubbed this year. Last year I had the same feeling with Janet McTeer and it was proved right.

I’d say it’s also comparable to Jane Lynch’s snub for Maisel.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’d say it’s also comparable to Jane Lynch’s snub for Maisel.

This comparison makes no sense.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Like Amazon, Netflix is also doing panels and among those are

“Scene Stealers – a showcase for standout performers including Bill Camp (“The Queens Gambit”), Adjoah Andoh (“Bridgerton”), Nick Kroll (“Big Mouth”) and more, hosted by Variety’s own Jenelle Riley.

In Conversation – An intimate conversation featuring talent and creatives discussing career highlights and defining moments, including Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner (“The Kominsky Method”), Emma Corrin and Josh O’Connor (“The Crown”), Sarah Paulson and Cynthia Nixon (“Ratched”) and more.”

So they seem to push Adjoah Andoh for Bridgerton supporting actresses as well as still campaigning for the Ratched duo.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Pose starts with a 71 MC Score

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/pose/season-3

I thought it would be higher but of course Hollywood Reporter gave it a 50

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Emma Corrin and Josh O’Connor (“The Crown”), Sarah Paulson and Cynthia Nixon (“Ratched”)

Can’t comment about Douglas and Turner (I don’t watch Kominsky) but this is such a perfect match up!

It’s quite clever because I’m starting to think that it’s become more difficult (unless you’re the BAFTA jury lol) for voters to separate Corrin and O’Connor from each other when they’re voting so the fact Netflix are doing the same for Paulson and Nixon and Douglas and Turner should be advantageous to both pairings chances. Especially the former considering how Paulson and Nixon’s chemistry was one of the few “acclaimed” aspects of Ratched, they’re both familiar faces to the actors branch and they already both got singled out by the HFPA together,

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I don’t think Pose is going to get a big Emmy showing for its last season unfortunately the academy has never cared for it that much.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I don’t think Pose is going to get a big Emmy showing for its last season unfortunately the academy has never cared for it that much.

It’s a queer (mostly trans women) black show, we would never expect to be like The Crown in nominations.

I just want some nods, like costumes, music, both leads and series.
    With that I would be over the moon.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I mean neither do I. But the field is incredibly weak and it has its “best” air date of each of the three seasons.

Considering how weak the field is I don’t see MJ Rodriguez and Series nominations (alongside with Porter and the crafts they got last year) as implausible.

I can see it in a similar boat to The Good Place last year.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.