Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

we understand it’s been 6 months, maybe you need to rewatch the show?

Once was enough.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

Lovecraft Country is a poorly written show, it has perhaps the most incohesive pacing and structure I have ever seen. I’m not surprised by the lack of individual acting nominations and its snubs for WGA, DGA and PGA. As time passes more voters will realize its quality like they treated Big Little Lies last year.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

that’s why it got in at every precursor,

But Lovecraft didn’t…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I don’t see how you can deny Billy Porter after watching 3×02 of Pose. I really don’t.

Profile picture
    Reis
    Topics:

Apparently I enjoyed Lovecraft Country a lot more than almost anyone here. I didn’t had any problem with the craziness and messy storyline, I actually think it is one of the biggest charms of the show. The individual arc on each episode, the characters narratives, Lovecraft mythology with new perspectives. It was a good season and the cast deserve some love on this award season.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t think I’m going to change my Actor lineup here at all until the nominations. I could be wrong of course but I feel confident in a lineup of Brown, O’Connor, Page. Pascal, Porter and Ventimiglia.

Profile picture
    Sériextou
    Topics:

I don’t know, but I think Pascal is very difficult to get in, he almost doesn’t show up, I think voters will have some resistance

Profile picture
    Sab227
    Topics:

Lovecraft Country is a poorly written show, it has perhaps the most incohesive pacing and structure I have ever seen. I’m not surprised by the lack of individual acting nominations and its snubs for WGA, DGA and PGA. As time passes more voters will realize its quality like they treated Big Little Lies last year.

I agree. I’m someone who had absolutely no problems following Westworlds so called confusing time line and easily followed the shifting times and characters. But Lovecraft Country is the first time I have not been able to follow a TV show. I watched Five episodes until I finally gave up because I still had no idea what the show was about and what the actual hell was going on.

Profile picture
    bellajoe
    Topics:

THR’s review of Pose makes even less sense after watching the premiere two episodes… did they watch the same show because that was NOT happy.

(Unless they saw the full season, I don’t know if FX sends full season screeners pre-premiere though.)

Anyway, Billy Porter is winning and MJ will get in.

FYC Emmys 2021:
    Drama Series: Pose
    Drama Actress: MJ Rodriguez (Pose)
    Drama Supporting Actress: Emerald Fennell (The Crown)
    Limited Actress: Elizabeth Olsen (WandaVision) Zendaya (Euphoria)
    Limited Supporting Actress: Kathryn Hahn (WandaVision,) Hunter Schaffer (Euphoria)

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Debating the quality of Lovecraft Country is pointless in a year when we all think Bridgerton is getting in. Theres actually maybe two series this year that would be nom-competitive in any other year.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Has the Emmys ever nominated a performance like Pascal in The Mandalorian ? I doubt it’s going to happen. I think Matthew Rhys is ahead of him.

I dropped Ventimiglia because I’m predicting This is Us to get snubbed in Series again and Sterling K. Brown and Ron Cephas Jones being the only representatives again.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Has the Emmys ever nominated a performance like Pascal in The Mandalorian ?

Ellen “15 seconds” Burstyn for Mrs Harris?

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Ellen “15 seconds” Burstyn for Mrs Harris?

She didn’t have her face covered for almost the whole time, and it was Supporting.

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

THR’s review of Pose makes even less sense after watching the premiere two episodes… did they watch the same show because that was NOT happy. (Unless they saw the full season, I don’t know if FX sends full season screeners pre-premiere though.) Anyway, Billy Porter is winning and MJ will get in.

Full season screeners were sent. But I still think the review was odd.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anyway, Billy Porter is winning

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.