Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 509 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
16 hours ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Has the Emmys ever nominated a performance like Pascal in The Mandalorian ? I doubt it’s going to happen. I think Matthew Rhys is ahead of him.

I dropped Ventimiglia because I’m predicting This is Us to get snubbed in Series again and Sterling K. Brown and Ron Cephas Jones being the only representatives again.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Has the Emmys ever nominated a performance like Pascal in The Mandalorian ?

Ellen “15 seconds” Burstyn for Mrs Harris?

Dear Emmys Voters

Television has never been better and it’s a pandemic year.

Be bold, not boring.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Ellen “15 seconds” Burstyn for Mrs Harris?

She didn’t have her face covered for almost the whole time, and it was Supporting.

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

THR’s review of Pose makes even less sense after watching the premiere two episodes… did they watch the same show because that was NOT happy. (Unless they saw the full season, I don’t know if FX sends full season screeners pre-premiere though.) Anyway, Billy Porter is winning and MJ will get in.

Full season screeners were sent. But I still think the review was odd.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anyway, Billy Porter is winning

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I have Pedro Pascal as well because I think he could coattail with The Mandalorian who is bound to grow in nominations above the line.

But he’s my filler sixth spot, i could replace him until july.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Have you seen the two Pose episodes? I love Josh and would be very happy if he won, but Billy outsold. Truly.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Have you seen the two Pose episodes? I love Josh and would be very happy if he won, but Billy outsold. Truly.

</p>
    Sorry if it sounded like I was being too pedantic! I wasn’t trying to seriously discredit Porter’s excellent work on Pose or his chances hehe.

Unfortunately I have not seen the first two episodes yet because the UK broadcaster for some reason prefers a binge watching format to a weekly one for all the FX shows it broadcasts. It’s strange because I’d much rather see Pose on a week to week basis than Killing Eve.

I have no doubt Billy was excellent in them as he always is!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I have Pedro Pascal as well because I think he could coattail with The Mandalorian who is bound to grow in nominations above the line. But he’s my filler sixth spot, i could replace him until july.

I don’t know… Can anyone help me. This is my booth Until now.

Best Lead Actor

1. Josh O’Connor – The Crown (Netflix)

2. Billy Porter – Pose (FX Networks)

3. Matthew Rhys – Perry Mason (HBO)

4. Rege-Jean Page – The Crown (Netflix)

5. Jonathan Majors – Lovecraft Country (HBO)

6. Antony Starr – The Boys (Prime Video)

Next in line…

7. Pedro Pascal – The Mandalorian (Disney+)

8. Sterling K. Brown – This Is Us (NBC)

9. Sebastian Stan – The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+)

10. Milo Ventimiglia – This Is Us (NBC)

11. Justin Theroux – The Mosquito Coast (AppleTV+)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t know… Can anyone help me. This is my booth Until now. Best Lead Actor 1. Josh O’Connor – The Crown (Netflix) 2. Billy Porter – Pose (FX Networks) 3. Matthew Rhys – Perry Mason (HBO) 4. Rege-Jean Page – The Crown (Netflix) 5. Jonathan Majors – Lovecraft Country (HBO) 6. Antony Starr – The Boys (Prime Video) Next in line… 7. Pedro Pascal – The Mandalorian (Disney+) 8. Sterling K. Brown – This Is Us (NBC) 9. Sebastian Stan – The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+) 10. Milo Ventimiglia – This Is Us (NBC) 11. Justin Theroux – The Mosquito Coast (AppleTV+)

I don’t think Antony Starr is getting nominated.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

If Billy Porter hadn’t already won, he would easily win this season.

Multiple winners in Best Actor – Drama, for the same role, in the last 20 years.

Bryan Cranston – Breaking Bad (2008, 2009, 2010 and 2014)

James Spader – The Practice/Boston Legal (2004, 2005 and 2007)

James Gandolfini – The Sopranos (2000, 2001 and 2003)

Am I the only one who sees Antony Starr as a threat ? If he gets nominated and The Boys gets in Series despite not being Emmy friendly. His performance generates a lot of buzz in social media, he is the face of the show and he could pull a Zendaya.

I do think that Josh’s victory is attached to Corrin’s. I think Corrin could win without him, but I don’t think Josh could win without her. I may be wrong, though.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It feels like the problem Billy Porter has is the same problem Julia Louis-Dreyfus had when up against Phoebe Waller-Bridge. They have a phenomenal win worthy performance and a strong narrative but it’s almost impossible for them to overcome an “only chance” narrative from the lead of a series sweeper. Purely because they’ve already won before.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I think Billy Porter’s problem will be visibility. “Pose” hasn’t been a smash at the Emmys, which can hurt him when he is, as you said, competing against someone from the drama series frontrunner. If “Pose” really overperforms, then I’ll consider, because it might be a sign that voters watched S3, in which case Billy might be undeniable.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I feel confident in my top 3 of O’Connor, Porter and Brown. Rege-Jean Page seems next in line.

I feel like the last 2 spots are up in the air. I had Rhys removed for a long time and HBO not even doing screening events for Perry Mason reinforce my opinion that he is not getting in. He is not that much of a star to be nominated for an “old” (in terms of calender), non buzzy and not campaigned show. The Mosquito Coast received mediocre reviews. However, Justin Theroux was praised in them. But, if he couldn’t get in for The Leftovers I’m not sure he would happen for this. Majors could happen if Lovecraft Country really does great, which I’m doubtful.  Starr depends on if they discover and embrace The Boys, which is what I’m currently betting on and why I have in right now. I would also argue that if voters really do end up liking The Boys then Karl Urban is somewhere in the top 10 aswell, especially considering voters are not afraid to vote for 2 actors from the same show in that category recently.

Which brings me to Ventimiglia, who could very well be an easy name check for voters if they aren’t really passionate about anyone else, and he is helped by being one of the first names on the ballot for half of voters. Milo is also someone that GD keeps underestimating every single year, with the exception of s2. Seeing THT’s reception and now Pose’s (which I hope will do great but is still having its lowest metascore at the moment) makes me reconsider This Is Us that I’ve been counting out. Even if they aren’t watching the show anymore, it could still get some leftovers love votes that something they are tired of (THT) or never really embraced (Pose) wouldn’t get. It also has an history of overperforming when Drama categories are weak, which could translate into a Ventimiglia nom once again.

We could also get wild nominations like Joel Kinnaman, with For All Mankind silently growing in popularity while a much praised finale. He is getting double visibility with In Treatment aswell.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My guess with Pose is that it’s in a similar position to The Good Place and Schitt’s Creek. A majority of voters are just watching the show on Netflix rather than actually tuning into FX.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.