Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 509 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
15 hours ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The difference between Page and someone like John Krasinski or Patrick J. Adams is that his show was also nominated for ensemble.

I don’t disagree but recently Alison Brie did miss despite having individual SAG nominations and her show getting in Ensemble aswell (and later Comedy Series at Emmys). It’s theorically not impossible, even if it looks unlikely, hence why I mention him as a possible shocking snub that could occur.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t disagree but recently Alison Brie did miss despite having individual SAG nominations and her show getting in Ensemble aswell (and later Comedy Series at Emmys). It’s theorically not impossible, even if it looks unlikely, hence why I mention him as a possible shocking snub that could occur.

I mean GLOW (whilst better than Bridgerton) wasn’t a massive pop cultural phenomenon.

I guess it’s a theoretical possibility but I would be stunned if he missed. At least with Elisabeth Moss last year the signs were there (like the show getting shut out of the Globes, CC and TCA in spite of previously dominating and it missing BAFTA after getting in for its previous seasons).

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Holding on to hope

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

Not sure anyone said this here yet, but all the In Treatment supporting actors probably can submit themselves as guest actors instead. I’m watching the first season of the show and all of them were in less than half of the episodes. Michelle Forbes was the one who had the biggest number of appearences and she only appeared in 13 out of 43 episodes.

Back in 2008 the rules were different, maybe that’s because they didn’t got nominated in the guest categories.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Great point! Credit to @SxECanadianFanSxE for another one (that also will not happen, but is similarly allowed under the rules): It could go limited/anthology since it has an entirely new cast.

Profile picture
    jjjmoss1
    Topics:

yeah that was weird; she even got multiple globe noms too.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

How we feeling about Shadows and Bones?

Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

How we feeling about Shadows and Bones?

It’s a great fantasy show to watch and chill and it’s #1 worldwide on Netflix right now, but I don’t think it’s getting any nominations.

Profile picture
    Matthew Porter
    Topics:

Is JLD in Guest Actress in a Drama Series for TFATWS? Not really sure where the Guest Actress field is atm, but she was pretty good in her two scenes in the show, even for a very small role…

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Is JLD in Guest Actress in a Drama Series for TFATWS? Not really sure where the Guest Actress field is atm, but she was pretty good in her two scenes in the show, even for a very small role…

I very much think she is getting a nom yes

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

I very much think she is getting a nom yes

Guest categories are always so unpredictable, so I won’t be surprised if she’s snubbed.

Profile picture
    starklinson
    Topics:

yep https://flixpatrol.com/top10/netflix/

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Shadow and Bone is already huge and will probably only continue to grow as a word-of-mouth show. And it’ll be peaking at just the right time. Watch out for this one for sure.

Emmys FYC: Maya Erskine in PEN15, Paapa Essiedu in I May Destroy You, Keeley Hawes in It's a Sin, Carl Lumbly in TFATWS, Cristin Milioti in Made for Love, Elizabeth Olsen in WandaVision, Billie Piper in I Hate Suzie, Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson, William Zabka in Cobra Kai

Profile picture
    marty
    Topics:

Carl Lumbly definitely deserves to be up for Guest Actor. A lot more than JLD does for G Actress with the 1 minute of screen time she had. I will be unhappy if she makes it but he doesn’t.

FYC:

Best Director - Lee Isaac Chung (Minari), Darius Marder (Sound of Metal)

Lead Actor - Delroy Lindo (Da 5 Bloods), Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round), Riz Ahmed (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actor - Paul Raci (Sound of Metal)

Supporting Actress - Youn Yuh-jung (Minari)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

One actors on actors pairing confirmed! Gillian Anderson will be paired with Elisabeth Moss.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COEKCyHlhQS/

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 509 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.