Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

New In Treatment trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMFtA3rAz7o

It looks good but I don’t think it will be everyone’s cup of tea. Ramos and Hickey look amazing and Aduba is killing it. If the show is acclaimed, she could definitely be a threat.
    Kinnaman didn’t do anything, so his role might be quite small. Probably guest eligible.

Profile picture
    Tomás
    Topics:

New In Treatment trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMFtA3rAz7o

Judging by the trailers it looks better than the previous seasons

Still waiting for Lena Headey's emmy

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

After this week’s THT episode, Amanda Brugel and Madeline Brewer should ideally be in the supporting actress conversation. They were truly stunning.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Madeline Brewer is so underrated.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

That shoe shop scene in episode 7 though…

didn’t see anything past episode 2

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Antony Ramos not only has Hamilton goodwill but In the Heights will be out during voting. We need to keep an eye on this one as a contender.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I think Ramos is in if he has enough material. He’s being set up as a next big thing and he’ll for sure campaign.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Drama Supporting Actor is a weird one. I don’t think anyone is really a lock in this category.

But here’s how I have it at the moment:

1. Tobias Menzies – I don’t know whether he’ll win but he does feel the “safest” out of the prospective nominees on the basis that he’s in the drama series winner frontrunner and we know that The Crown has had an explosion in mainstream popularity. For every person who is starting this show from season 4 you have someone starting it from the beginning so I think both him and Charles Dance could be in a Harriet Walter/James Cromwell situation where whilst they aren’t glowing with material this season, they are helped by the goodwill of their snubbed work from the previous season. Another comparison would be D’Arcy Carden last year for The Good Place. Also that BAFTA nomination is so weird, I think it suggests there might be more passion for this performance than we think.

2. Michael K. Williams – He feels safe-ish too and if nominated I will probably predict him to win because this category is open enough for a win based on narrative and he has a strong overdue one. The only qualm I have is Lovecraft has hardly made a dent outside of CC (why didn’t Jonathan Majors make it in at SAG with the double visibility he had from Da 5 Bloods? Why did the show miss with WGA, DGA and PGA in spite of there being bias in each of those guilds FOR HBO). And Williams has only been nominated thus far for across the board acting players. After losing for bigger series contenders and acting players, could Williams finally win as the buzziest part of a smaller series contender?

3. Bradley Whitford – He’s not winning again but he somewhat reminds me of Mandy Patinkin. He’s going to keep getting in until he can’t.

————————————————————————————————

4. Antony Ramos – This is a show we know the actors branch have liked in the past and the character summary suggests he has a baity performance. He also has potential goodwill from Hamilton and is leading one of the most hyped films of the year so he could soar in individual buzz which could be enough to propel him to a nomination (and maybe even a win?)

5. John Benjamin Hickey – Again going by the character summary HBO has provided he seems to have a plum role but also Hickey seems to be a well respected veteran thespian in both the worlds of television and theatre. But then again who knows what’s going to happen with this show?

6. Giancarlo Esposito – On paper he seems like he should make it in but I also can’t help but think he could be in a similar situation to Jane Lynch last year (recognisable face to Emmy voters in an Emmy nominated guest role bumped to supporting but misses in spite of the show being top 3 in series). Arguably you could say it’s a slightly different situation considering how Maisel is such a big show with the actors branch and The Mandalorian doesn’t seem to be but still.

7. Jonathan Bailey – I have him in for now but I’m not as confident as others are that he’s making it in. He feels somewhat like the Andrew Scott/Tom Pelphrey of Bridgerton (and I’m not given a comparative reflection on the performance given when I’m saying this).

8. Daniel Bruhl – He seems to be quite a well respected actor, the field is weak and he seems to have become a meme. I can see him happen like how some are contemplating with Julia Louis-Dreyfus (nominations wise) for the same show.

The only alternate I have here is Chris Sullivan. I know he got in at Critics Choice and he’s beloved by his peers but is John Lithgow really gonna happen for something that aired so long ago and is as buzzless as Perry Mason? I feel like when it comes to acting nominations it’s Rhys or nothing.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Deadline reports that the premiere of THT s4 is the most watched Hulu original ever.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Could we be underestimating Raised by Wolves? It seems to be really popular, HBO Max are campaigning for it, it could land some tech nods (and some of its craftspeople are Academy Award nominees) and it has Ridley Scott’s name behind it.

I am not predicting it for anything above the line but I wonder if it’s closer to a series nod than we think considering how much the tech categories seem to be able to put shows across the finishing line here.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Deadline reports that the premiere of THT s4 is the most watched Hulu original ever.

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

There is a possibility that the entire cast (except Aduba, of course) is eligible as Guest, considering that there are 24 episodes in the season and each patient will appear in 6 episodes, at the very least.

I want to say that HBO would not do that, but my faith has been shaken by them submitting Hannah Einbinder in supporting.

Profile picture
    jacob121
    Topics:

Could we be underestimating Raised by Wolves?

Probably not but would be great if we were – a really unique, ambitious show that is far better than the majority of the contenders being thrown around in this weak year.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

We love to see it. More popular than ever before. Praise be.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Have we had any category rejections yet? Each of the shows that could have been rejected from comedy and drama (e.g. The Flight AttendantI Hate SuzieResident Alien) all haven’t been so far?

Has the academy become more lax in its decisions when it comes to petitioning in that regard or am I just getting ahead of myself here?

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.