Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

For the past three seasons we’ve seen a critics passion pick pop up in the Actress category:

– 2018: Sandra Oh
    – 2019: Jodie Comer
    – 2020: Zendaya

Could it happen again this year and if so who do you guys think it will be? Do you think there will be more than one? Piper? Rodriguez? Collin?!?

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Speaking of In Treatment. HBO have also set up an Instagram page with character focused teasers for the three patients. Aduba also has been doing some promotion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrEEv56vRKo

This looks like a lifetime afternoon movie poster…

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

For the past three seasons we’ve seen a critics passion pick pop up in the Actress category: – 2018: Sandra Oh – 2019: Jodie Comer – 2020: Zendaya Could it happen again this year and if so who do you guys think it will be? Do you think there will be more than one? Piper? Rodriguez? Collin?!?

Um, I don’t think I would label them “critics passion picks”. Oh for KE S1 and Zendaya for Euphoria for sure were passion picks since they had quite a few hurdles to overcome, but Comer was nominated when the show skyrocketed to nine noms, including drama series. That said, it is entirely possible that we get another surprise like Zendaya this year!

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I agree. It seems too safe. I have Rodriguez in at the moment, but I am starting to worry about her. I think we might be overestimating “Pose” overall, to be honest. Billy is pretty locked in, but I don’t know how much voters will embrace the show outside of him when it comes to the actors. When they have their eyes set on someone, they often just stay with that person and don’t look elsewhere. But we’ll see. I do think Mandy Moore is a threat since she’s been nominated before and might make he cut in such a thinned-out field, similar to how she did in 2019.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I do think Mandy Moore is a threat since she’s been nominated before and might make he cut in such a thinned-out field, similar to how she did in 2019.

I agree. I don’t have her in right now but this is exactly the same reasoning I am applying to predict Ventimiglia over Rhys and Majors.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I do think that Corrin and Colman are the only two that are actually safe, which makes this so hard to predict.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

She’s coming for Emmy #2 darlings 

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Profile picture
    BenitoDelicias
    Topics:

Speaking of In Treatment.

HBO have also set up an Instagram page with character focused teasers for the three patients.

Aduba also has been doing some promotion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrEEv56vRKo

As somebody who spends the entire day sitting down (like a therapist)…does that corset thing make sense for somebody playing this role?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Ugh, she deserves. And supposedly she has a seven-minute uninterrupted monologue coming up…

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I agree. I don’t have her in right now but this is exactly the same reasoning I am applying to predict Ventimiglia over Rhys and Majors.

Nominating her for a season in which she barely does anything and not last year when she was win worthy would be so emmys…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I swear if Phoebe Dynevor is nominated over any of Elisabeth Moss, Billie Piper, MJ Rodriguez…

Profile picture
    MysticMagix
    Topics:

is in treatment a tv series or limited series

A little bit of Magic never hurt anybody.

~ MYSTIC

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The way Gillian Anderson is going to become the only supporting actor/actress in a drama series to ever win the Emmy/Globe/SAG/Critics Choice..

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way Gillian Anderson is going to become the only supporting actor/actress in a drama series to ever win the Emmy/Globe/SAG/Critics Choice..

As she should!

It’s what she deserves after being so cruelly robbed for American GodsThe FallGreat ExpectationsHannibalSex Education

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.