Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I swear if Phoebe Dynevor is nominated over any of Elisabeth Moss, Billie Piper, MJ Rodriguez…

At least she is competing at this category only for this year.

is in treatment a tv series or limited series

It’s a drama series.

Profile picture
    heshituch
    Topics:

Wolfi, Elisabeth Moss as June hasn’t done anything in season 4? I guess we’re not watching the same episodes. She is incredible as always, she’s driving the action in the most propulsive season yet, and we’ve only seen four episodes so far. Way too soon to pass judgment, in my opinion.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Wolfi, Elisabeth Moss as June hasn’t done anything in season 4?

Darling I haven’t even seen season 4 yet (not out here yet :/) so I don’t get where this idea of me saying this has come from lmao.

The way Moss was robbed of an Oscars this year though is truly heartbreaking.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    heshituch
    Topics:

My bad, Wolfi, re-read your comment and I think you’re referring to Mandy Moore.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My bad, Wolfi, re-read your comment and I think you’re referring to Mandy Moore.

I think you’re mistaking me with hopelesstar. No worries!

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Mandy Moore appearing would be so nonsense
    The woman is like nowhere near to be found on the whole season, i even prefer Dynevor.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Mandy Moore appearing would be so nonsense The woman is like nowhere near to be found on the whole season, i even prefer Dynevor.

I don’t watch the show anymore but not them doing her dirty with the lack of material..

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Mandy Moore just gave birth to her first child not long ago. That combined with the pandemic probably is the reason for the lack of screen time.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I don’t watch the show anymore but not them doing her dirty with the lack of material..

She was pregnant and couldn’t film many scenes cause of covid
    She is mainly isolated and talking through her phone in all scenes.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    starklinson
    Topics:

apologies if this is old news – netflix have bunch of FYC panels up if it’s of interest to anyone https://fyseetv.netflixawards.com/

Profile picture
    eastwest
    Topics:

Very savy! I didn’t realize Brooke Smith’s mom was a legendary PR person. Cool that she’s playing from her mama’s playbook. I know it’s a longshot, but this is a great story and with that category being what it is and considering the year, possibilities. I would hope that GD does an interview with her and put her in the predictions center to give her scrappy campaign some legs.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I’m here for the Smith campaign.

(And she was great in the finale)

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really feel like Cynthia Nixon is being underestimated. She’s been campaigning hard and we saw last year how well actors from Ryan Murphy shows did at the Emmys (Midler, Parsons, Pope, Taylor, McDermott). Nixon’s performance is one of the only acclaimed aspects of Ratched, she’s an actors branch favourite and it feels like she’s been having a mini career resurgence between this, The Gilded Age and the Sex and the City reboot.

Profile picture
    walkinuniverse
    Topics:

The unprecedented thing is Matthew Rhys starting off as an early frontrunner to a potential snub as voting season is about to begin.

Profile picture
    orangestraw
    Topics:

I really feel like Cynthia Nixon is being underestimated. She’s been campaigning hard and we saw last year how well actors from Ryan Murphy shows did at the Emmys (Midler, Parsons, Pope, Taylor, McDermott). Nixon’s performance is one of the only acclaimed aspects of Ratched, she’s an actors branch favourite and it feels like she’s been having a mini career resurgence between this, The Gilded Age and the Sex and the City reboot.

Granted I only managed 2.5 episodes of Ratched before deciding it wasn’t for me, but I was surprised not to see Judy Davis get as much praise as Nixon for it. She seems like a Murphy classic character – veteran actress, uniquely styled, with withering one-liners and a barely concealed dark side. Of course, I didn’t finish it and don’t intend to, so have no idea how her character ended up.

It’s a shame, I’d like to say I’d watch Cynthia Nixon in anything but… not a second season of Ratched.

FYC:
    Ego Nwodim ("SNL"), Nico Santos ("Superstore"), Lolly Adefope ("Shrill"), MJ Rodriguez ("Pose"), Kate Winslet, Julianne Nicholson ("Mare of Easttown"), Punam Patel ("Special")

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.