Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 496 through 504 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    keybored
    Topics:

And the large majority of sweeps (14/16 to be exact) have come after that so I think the point initially made still stands. It’s not like Comer was undeniably strong like Michelle Williams either, considering she lost to three different people at the winter awards after her Emmy win. So her beating her own co-star who swept the winter awards in an arguably more competitive field does raise eyebrows. And lets not solely blame Oh’s material or the merit of her performance for her losses, because if that was actually the problem here, people wouldn’t be always complaining about the Emmy winners.

Wait also speaking of Michele williams who started her sweep with TCA that year,  Comer in fact had strong enough performance to be the only one from ke to be nominated for a TCA for second year in the row even after critics universally panned ke S2. Hers was the sole TCA nomination for that season. Guess them not nominating sandras S2 performance was also racism. As for comer given batier mateiral by emerald,  Sandra lost to Claire Foy in 2018 even when ke’s and eve’s writing was at it’s strongest. She simply keeps being outperformed in regards to her ke performances and it’s ok to accept that. One doesn’t autoamtically become an Oscar worthy actor with undeniable performances year after year just because they are poc.

I also remember comer winning the golderby lead actress award that year and forums being full of how if sandra (front runner) wins over emilia (popular choice) it would be only due to her overdue narrative. The irony just keeps piling up

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Wait also speaking of Michele williams who started her sweep with TCA that year, Comer in fact had strong enough performance to be the only one from ke to be nominated for a TCA for second year in the row even after critics universally panned ke S2. Hers was the sole TCA nomination for that season. Guess them not nominating sandras S2 performance was also racism. As for comer given batier mateiral by emerald, Sandra lost to Claire Foy in 2018 even when ke’s and eve’s writing was at it’s strongest. She simply keeps being outperformed in regards to her ke performances and it’s ok to accept that. One doesn’t autoamtically become an Oscar worthy actor with undeniable performances year after year just because they are poc.

Season 2 of Killing Eve was far from panned. It was actually acclaimed. I don’t know in what world some of you think that season was panned. It has 93% of approval on RT and a score of 86 on Metacritic (higher than season 1).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Not even season 3 was panned. I swear people on here keep acting like it got the same reception as this season of The Handmaid’s Tale or the final season of GoT.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The words “flop” and “panned” continue to be overused here. It’s crazy.

Profile picture
    Ryusei
    Topics:

https://twitter.com/peetoooo/status/1393064180119478274?s=20

Nicki Minaj stanning The Crown.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Paul W. Downs (Broad City, Hacks) was on the newest episode “THR TV’s Top 5” podcast and loves I Hate Suzie.

Even if it misses this year (or HBO even submits it) I feel confident it’ll be discovered at large whenever it’s second hits.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Even if it misses this year (or HBO even submits it) I feel confident it’ll be discovered at large whenever it’s second hits.

Fleabag/Schitt’s Creek /The Americans vibes…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Full list of shows doing the Contenders event for Deadline

https://deadline.com/2021/05/contenders-television-livestream-schedule-lineup-1234757318/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I find interesting that HBO is never bringing Perry Mason and In Treatment for those events.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Could Sarah Paulson be the perennial actors branch favourite who makes it in and not Aduba?

Viewing 9 posts - 496 through 504 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.