Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 504 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

If all were better received and most watched then what’s the problem. I know for a fact that The Boys is better than most of the prestige type dramas we have right now.

I’m just looking through the point of view of the Academy. I find it unlikely that we’ll have a line up like this.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’m just looking through the point of view of the Academy. I find it unlikely that we’ll have a line up like this.

Oh yeah for sure
    I don’t think they’ll drop Handmaid’s Tale either, unless it’s a total and complete flop

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Definitely possible. But the trend in this category, which I articulated in my Zendaya article from last summer, would really favor Mj if she gets nominated. But it’s too early to tell anyway.

I think it’s Olivia Colman, actually.

I agree with both of these.

For starters, Olivia Colman is not lower than third. She’s someone who I feel the industry has more passion for than the internet, she had more to do during this season of The Crown, the field is weaker and The Crown is stronger.

However MJ Rodriguez getting nominated would make things interesting. As Luca correctly pointed out she does fit the trend of recent critically beloved performances with a strong fanbase and a “desire” by some to see awards recognition for (see Claire Foy, Tatiana Maslany, Jodie Comer, Zendaya). So the nomination could just be her hurdle.

The only problem for her is that I think Corrin is too strong. Since the move over to the plurality win the winners in this category have either fit the aforementioned trend (which Corrin happens to also fit) or have been in the Drama Series sweeper (see Elisabeth Moss).

It’s an interesting one. I think if nominated I can see MJ Rodriguez be the Keri Russell/Sandra Oh to Corrin’s Claire Foy. Both Russell/Oh had critically beloved performances with strong fanbases, both had strong narratives and like with Rodriguez, it felt like there was a desire for them to be recognised. However both lose to another performer with a strong narrative and critically beloved performance who also happens to be in a strong contender overall (with The Crown probably having been the runner up to Game of Thrones in 2018 with it having won Actress, Directing and Casting). By that logic, Colman would be the Elisabeth Moss in this category.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

THT reviews from big publications are coming. Vulture posted a rave and THR’s review was rather positive. Pretty much everyone points out it’s Wiley’s best season.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I can’t see both This is Us and The Handmaid’s Tale getting snubbed together. The Drama Series field would look like the People’s Choice Award with Bridgerton

Hmm. The PCAs are the only body to continually go hard for This Is Us (and only individual win Mandy Moore’s gotten)

Doubtful the Emmys would go full populists like the People Choice’s when these were their big three tv awards last year

The Show of 2020

• Grey’s Anatomy (winner)
    • The Bachelor
    • The Last Dance
    • The Masked Singer
    • Never Have I Ever
    • Outer Banks
    • This Is Us
    • Tiger King

The Drama Show of 2020

• Riverdale (winner)
    • Grey’s Anatomy
    • Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
    • Outer Banks
    • Ozark
    • Power
    • This Is Us
    • The Walking Dead
    • The Comedy Show of 2020

• Never Have I Ever (winner)
    • Dead to Me
    • The Good Place
    • Grown-ish
    • Insecure
    • Modern Family
    • Saturday Night Live
    • Schitt’s Creek

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:
    Luca
    Topics:

THT reviews from big publications are coming. Vulture posted a rave and THR’s review was rather positive. Pretty much everyone points out it’s Wiley’s best season.

I, too, have heard how Wiley has great material this year. Finally!!

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

As Luca correctly pointed out she does fit the trend of recent critically beloved performances with a strong fanbase and a “desire” by some to see awards recognition for (see Claire Foy, Tatiana Maslany, Jodie Comer, Zendaya). So the nomination could just be her hurdle.

This could also be applied to Davis and Margulies 2014 as well, despite the two of them being industry heavyweights.

The former finally getting a non-servant lead screen role worthy of her talent, where she served on a weekly basis, whilst the latter being centra to one of thee most acclaimed seasons of television in recent memory and in one the most buzzed moments of the year.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Billie Piper in “I Hate Suzie” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    ClairesCrown
    Topics:

Oop, found which show Imma slot in spot #8 for drama series.

For sake of being taken seriously, surely riverdale will not make the cut?

FYC EMMYS: THE CROWN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. OLIVIA COLMAN - D. ACTRESS & HBC - D. SUPP. ACTRESS) & IT’S A SIN IN ALL CATEGORIES (ESP. LYDIA WEST - LIM. ACTRESS & KEELEY HAWES - LIM. SUPP. ACTRESS) & I MAY DESTROY YOU IN ALL CATEGORIES

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

THT starts with 59 on MC.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The Vulture review was entered as an 80 and THR as a 58. Lol.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

THR is a 50 actually 🤐

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

THT starts with 59 on MC.

The five people left on here (including myself) who are still fans of the show 

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

43% on Rotten Tomatoes now (7 reviews).

FYC Emmys: Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist: Comedy Series, Comedy Actress (Jane Levy); Cobra Kai: Comedy Series; Dickinson: Comedy Actress (Hailee Steinfeld); The Good Doctor: Drama Actor (Freddie Highmore), Drama Supporting Actress (Paige Spara); His Dark Materials: Drama Supporting Actress (Ruth Wilson); Lovecraft Country: Drama Supporting Actress (Jamie Chung); WandaVision: Limited Series, Actress (Elizabeth Olsen), Actor (Paul Bettany), Supporting Actress (Kathryn Hahn).

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

The five people left on here (including myself) who are still fans of the show

We’ll get through it 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.