Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 504 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Luca
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yikes! This season of The Handmaid’s Tale can’t be as bad as Westworld last year can it?

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The Vulture review was entered as an 80 and THR as a 58. Lol.

I thought the THR one was reading more like a 65. Oh well.

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

Yikes! This season of The Handmaid’s Tale can’t be as bad as Westworld last year can it?

Both shows should’ve been a miniseries IMO. The first seasons were amazing.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Whitford & Wiley = Wright & Newton

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t know what to do with the show in series.

Starting to think Moss doesn’t return.

FYC: All things The Crown, Hacks and I May Destroy You (and Hannah Waddingham and Julianne Nicholson whilst you're at it)!!

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

I cant wait for the day submission tapes will be revealed and we find out Olivia Colman went with another random episode like Balmoral test🤣. Ryan Murphy probably gave Billy Porter another episode that has the same storyline like his two previous tapes. Like both of Billy’s two previous tapes were basically the same episode just in different seasons. Also why dont both lead performers in limited series provide tapes, I cant seem to find any of their previous tapes. Hoping Corrin submits episode 6, the range of emotions she displays in that episode was amazing. Josh O’connor should submit gold stick, it was his best episode.

Profile picture
    TVFan365
    Topics:

No matter how low the critics score gets for The Handmaid’s Tale, I’m confident I will enjoy it more than the most recent season Westworld.

Profile picture
    Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

It’s also not as if they have many other options to choose from this year so I expect (and hope) that THT will be an easy name check for them.

Emmy FYC!!: Chloe Sevigny (We Are Who We Are), MJ Rodriguez (Pose), Billy Porter (Pose), Emma Corrin (The Crown), Elisabeth Moss (The Handmaid’s Tale), Maya Erskine (Pen15), Anna Konkle (Pen15), Naomi Ackie (Master of None), Thuso Mbedu (The Underground Railroad), Kate Winslet (Mare of Easttown), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Both shows should’ve been a miniseries IMO. The first seasons were amazing.

I think The Handmaid’s Tale‘s problem is similar to the later seasons of GoT. At this point the job of the writers is to expand a universe that has already been created instead of purely adapting events from the source material.

Now I quite like the modern interpretation the show offers to Margaret Atwood’s text but when you have a text as beloved or renowned as The Handmaid’s Tale or Game of Thrones, you’re bound to have differing expectations from your audience. So in hindsight it’s no surprise that the reception of both shows have taken a bit of a hit as of late.

Its hard enough to sustain acclaim and quality even if you have an original idea in the long form (look at how even Mad Men season 6 wasn’t that great) hence why I am concerned about something like Atlanta or Succession (two of my favourite shows) in the long run. But it’s an even more gruelling job if you’re adding further to an adaptation of one novel or an incomplete series of books.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Season 2 of Westworld was amazing, i know it’s a unpopular opinion.

Season 3 was a downhill.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way it would even be insulting to say Westworld season 3 was written by a child. To the child of course.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Handmaid’s Tale with lower metascore than The Mosquito Coast is a twist.

FYC Emmys: Get MJ Rodriguez that deserved WIN! And some votes for Elizabeth Olsen, Tobias Menzies and Matthew Rhys will be highly tasteful as well

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well we know it’s not getting nominated for drama at TCA this year…

In non THT news, the first two reviews of Pose on Rotten Tomatoes are raves.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

It’s not a good day to be a THT stan, but that’s ok… I’m sure they decided to only send 8 episodes to the critics because they want shock everyone when episodes 9 and 10 become two of the most acclaimed episodes ever.

FYC Emmys: Hacks, The Handmaid's Tale and The Queen's Gambit for the win!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

when episodes 9 and 10 become two of the most acclaimed episodes ever.

As they should!

The way each of these broadcasters are making me Emmy predictions suspenseful. The finale of Mare of Easttown will make or break my predictions for it.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 504 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.