Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 516 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    Paola Andrade
    Topics:

I would love for For All Mankind to happen. I feel this year would be its best shot, where old shows are in consideration basically just because they are familiar, and not because they’ve delivered their best seasons, and new shows were watched by a lot of people but aren’t exactly critically acclaimed.

My question is though: Has anyone here watched or decided they will watch the show since it started to garner buzz? Cause if users here haven’t, I can’t imagine voters would. Everyone is just acknowledging that people that watched it love it, but it’s not attracting new viewers I feel.

I hope it does…at least a direction nod. It deserves acting awards and a best drama series nod though. It following The Americans path would be great, but this one jumps around in years each season; it works for The crown cause that show is a behemoth, but I’m afraid it might hinder FAM chances in the acting categories.

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

I feel like For All Mankind is building buzz slowly. Anecdotally, I’ve seen a few of my facebook friends talk about it and I didn’t see that at all during its first season. But I’m not sure it’ll get strong enough in time for nominations even though I think it’s far more deserving than some other drama contenders. Ultimately though, I think it’ll only get below the line nominations.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Has anyone here watched or decided they will watch the show since it started to garner buzz? Cause if users here haven’t, I can’t imagine voters would.

To be fair most people here (including me) only started watching Schitt’s Creek after it surprisingly received its first noms so…

Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Yeah, Gold Derby disproportionately watches stuff with built-in pedigree like Run over organic hits like Unorthodox. Will binge For All Mankind next week for interviews.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yeah, Gold Derby disproportionately watches stuff with built-in pedigree like Run

This year’s equivalent:

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

This year’s equivalent:

Not even Gold Derby had time to watch that (sorry Cristin) 💀

For Your Consideration:

Best International Feature: Instinct (The Netherlands)
    Best Actress: Carice van Houten (Instinct)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Made for Love was a mess, but Cristin was at the top of her game, unlike Weaver who was well, she tried.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Has anyone here watched or decided they will watch the show since it started to garner buzz?

I only started Ramy after his globe win.

Emmys FYC | Alan Tudyk in “Resident Alien” | Jennifer C. Holmes in “This Is Us” | Ego Nwodim in “Saturday Night Live” | Kaley Cuoco in “Harley Quinn” | “Dickinson” | “P-Valley” | “Pose” | “Superstore”

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I only started Ramy after his globe win.

Same lol, and Succession only after it was nominated for drama series and won writing for season 1.

I lost time tho, Succession is the MVP

Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Part of the purpose of these awards is to provide visibility for these shows to breakthrough. Hence why sometimes you’ll see something like Stranger Things get a release in July. The show doesn’t need awards to help it in visibility because it’s already the most popular show on the planet.

I don’t think I would have known that Schitt’s CreekThe Marvelous Mrs. MaiselThe Great or Pen15 existed if they hadn’t broken through at the Emmys and with other awards bodies. And I think that’s pretty much the same with most people, whether they’re in the industry or are users on forums like these or are just the average viewing household. Part of why Succession and Watchmen maxed out last year or why Killing Eve did so well last year is because of their awards breakthroughs. Whether that’s Succession‘s Globe and BAFTA wins or its Writing win for season 1 or Killing Eve‘s BAFTA sweep. Each of these shows built up their bases from garnering visibility from all this awards success.

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

In my opinion, For All Mankind has sufficient buzz and acclaim for writers to nominate in a weak year, not to mention that Apple is probably pushing it. The same group nominated the likes of Catastrophe, UnReal, Pen15, and American Vandal.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

In my opinion, For All Mankind has sufficient buzz and acclaim for writers to nominate in a weak year, not to mention that Apple is probably pushing it. The same group nominated the likes of Catastrophe, UnReal, Pen15, and American Vandal.

Apple was ready to push The Mosquito Coast, but since it bombed, I’m sure they can turn all their forces into For All Mankind.

Profile picture
    gabspss
    Topics:

I liked Made for Love (and also Run lol)!

It will pop up in some categories at me personal awards.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Run started off ok but that ending was NOT it with a capital n.

Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

I would love for For All Mankind to happen. I feel this year would be its best shot, where old shows are in consideration basically just because they are familiar, and not because they’ve delivered their best seasons, and new shows were watched by a lot of people but aren’t exactly critically acclaimed.

My question is though: Has anyone here watched or decided they will watch the show since it started to garner buzz? Cause if users here haven’t, I can’t imagine voters would. Everyone is just acknowledging that people that watched it love it, but it’s not attracting new viewers I feel.

I hope it does…at least a direction nod. It deserves acting awards and a best drama series nod though. It following The Americans path would be great, but this one jumps around in years each season; it works for The crown cause that show is a behemoth, but I’m afraid it might hinder FAM chances in the acting categories.

I started watching Arrested Development after it won Outstanding Comedy Series back in 2004. I started watching The Office after it won Outstanding Comedy Series back in 2006. I watched The Crown after John Lithgow’s sweep of awards and also word of mouth

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.