Home Forums TV Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 6 posts - 511 through 516 (of 516 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The assumption has always been that the comedy field is weaker than the drama one and whilst it is certainly less competitive, I feel like the quality of the shows competing this year is far weaker than the ones competing in comedy?

I can only think of three shows that are eligible in drama that I’d nominate personally in series (The CrownI Hate Suzie and We Are Who We Are) whilst I find Girls5Eva, Hacks, Pen15, Ted Lasso and yes even The Flight Attendant (I know that’s an unpopular opinion on here) nomination worthy. Maybe it’s because I haven’t seen The Handmaid’s Tale season 4 and Pose season 3 yet but I just don’t feel as much passion in these categories as I do in the comedy and certainly limited (which ironically feels much stronger than it was last year which is saying something) fields.

FYC: Together in all categories (Actress – Sharon Horgan, Actor – James McAvoy, Original Screenplay), Shiva Baby (Adapted Screenplay, Score), CODA (in all categories esp. S. Actor – Troy Kotsur), Zola (S. Actress – Riley Keough), Together Together (Original Screenplay), The Sparks Brothers (Documentary Feature), Summer of Soul (Documentary Feature)

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Category should’ve gone: 2017: Thandiwe Newton 2018: Yvonne Strahovski 2019: Julia Garner 2020: Laura Dern if we’re going by the nominees, Gugu Mbatha-Raw if we’re not

This is actually a really good listing. Strahovski was most certainly win worthy in 2018 (and in 2020 too!) even if I preferred Kirby, Dern, Snook and Bonham Carter personally.

And Mbatha-Raw! She always keeps getting robbed of a nomination when she’s win worthy lol (she would have been a deserving contender for the win for San Junipero too!)

FYC: Together in all categories (Actress – Sharon Horgan, Actor – James McAvoy, Original Screenplay), Shiva Baby (Adapted Screenplay, Score), CODA (in all categories esp. S. Actor – Troy Kotsur), Zola (S. Actress – Riley Keough), Together Together (Original Screenplay), The Sparks Brothers (Documentary Feature), Summer of Soul (Documentary Feature)

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Laura Dern

An icon.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

An icon.

She already won with how groundbreaking that performance was! One for the history books!

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

That’s not unpopular at all!

Viewing 6 posts - 511 through 516 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.