Home Forums Television Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 516 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
methaddiction
  • Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Male lead actors who have won multiple times for the same role in the last 40 years were also in multiple Drama Series winners and/or nominees.

So I can’t see Billy Porter winning when Pose has had only three nominations above the line.

I think someone like Antony Starr could challenge O’Connor and win a la Rami Malek, assuming The Boys gets in the same categories Mr. Robot got (Series + Writing + Lead Actor), but I don’t think The Boys will get any acting nominations and I’m not going to predict Starr getting nominated.

Profile picture
    William Gillquist
    Topics:

I only really see Starr getting nominated if he’s moved to Supporting. Where he makes more sense, honestly.

And also, O’Connor’s win seems pretty safe to me. As none of the other nominees seem to have a lot of buzz. I believe Porter is a locked for a nomination, but seeing as how he already won, it’s likely he won’t repeat since this is a category that rarely has repeat winners. Rege-Jean Page has a lot of audience support, but not much industry or critical support outside of SAG. And O’Connor is starring in the front runner in series, is playing a very well-known figure, and has won or have been nominated in every award season so far. It really does feel like The Crown is gonna walk away with almost every category at this point.

FYC Emmys: Ted Lasso (all categories), Wandavision (all categories), The Mandalorian (Best Drama Series), Danny Pudi (Mythic Quest), Maya Erksine (Pen15), Michaela Coel (I May Destroy You), Alan Tudyk (Resident Alien), Antony Starr (The Boys), Daniel Brühl (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier), Ethan Hawke (The Good Lord Bird), Invincible (Animated Program)

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

How so?

Sorry for the late reply, but I think the directing is far superior to the writing on For All Mankind. It’s visually very interesting and not just from a technical perspective. That finale could get a directing nod. I think the writing is more hit and miss and not the strongest part of the series.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    Madson Melo
    Topics:

While O’Connor didn’t won the SAG, he’s the only cast member from The Crown to be, at least, nominated in every award. He may be left out of TCA, but I still think he wins with Porter right behind him.

Profile picture
    Kay
    Topics:

I think Starr and Urban are placed correctly in Lead.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

I’m insane for thinking Esposito is more likely for The Boys than Mandalorian?

He’s going to be nominated for something anyway

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Lol, the more I think about the more I find this race weird
    I think not even Handmaid’s Tale is safe for a nod (i will ofc, predict it).
    The Crown, The Mandalorian and Bridgerton seems to be the only “locks” of this category. Lovecraft Country feels like the next in line and kinda safe give it did go well at guilds.

Those other 4 could be anyone, on nomination day I won’t be surprised if we hear Ratched at this point.

For Your Emmy Consideration:
    Matthew Rhys for "Perry Mason" | Ethan Hawke for "The Good Lord Bird", THE GOOD LORD BIRD in ALL CATEGORIES | Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn for "Wandavision" | Tobias Menzies for "The Crown" | MJ Rodriguez for "Pose" | Jane Levy for "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist"

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

It is such a strange race, indeed. I expect THT to make it — it airing right now is really gonna help it IMO + the audience scores are up this season — and think that Pose and TIU will return. When in doubt, go with previous nominees. Voters proved last year in these drama categories that they’re pretty lazy (not to take away from the quality of those two shows’ current installments, which are great!).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m sceptical about Moss (I have her 6th) but I feel quite confident The Handmaid’s Tale making it back in. It got 10 nominations last year and it’s a lacklustre field. Plus like The Kominsky Method it’s had a solid record with SAG. I’d be very shocked if it missed.

This is Us on the other hand, idk. I feel like it’s in a similar situation to Black-ish (why couldn’t it make it back into SAG this year over Better Call Saul?)

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

When Justin Hartley gets nominated >>>

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The way we were probably be dealing with a Rege Jean Page win if O’Connor had stayed at supporting…

The way he would be a better winner than James Gandolfini, Bryan Cranston, Jon Hamm, Matthew Rhys and Jeremy Strong. 

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Only if we’re saying better means worse

Profile picture
    diego
    Topics:

Is it opposite day?

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Methaddiction was obviously joking😂

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When he wins supporting actor…

FYC Emmys: "The Crown" in all categories, "I May Destroy You" in all categories, "It's a Sin" in all categories, "Small Axe" in all categories, Billie Piper ("I Hate Suzie"), Yvonne Strahovski ("Stateless") and Ruth Wilson ("His Dark Materials")

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 516 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2021 Drama Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.